Chapter 36

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

"It's time for dinner" Mrs. Bae called her family. Mr. Bae and Moonbin went to the dining area and took their places.

"Where's Yubin?" Mrs. Bae asked. "She said she's not hungry" Moonbin replied. "You too know she's lying right? She hasn’t eaten anything since she came back home" she sighed.

"It's fine. You should eat first. Let me have a talk with her" Mrs. Bae told them and walked up the second floor. 

"Yubin" Mrs. Bae knocked her daughter's room. She could hear Yubin's sobs. "I'm coming in, okay?" Mrs. Bae turned the door knob slowly and approached Yubin who was leaning against the bed with Jihoon's letter in her grip. "Omma" Yubin called as Mrs. Bae wrapped her into her arms. Yubin continued to cry.

"Poor my daughter. I'm sorry we didn’t tell you about Jihoon" Mrs. Bae caressed her head full of love. "He doesn’t let us tell you about him studying aboard. Because he knew you'll never let him go" 

"But I want to ask forgiveness from him. I shouted at him the other day. And now, both of us will be apart for years. What if she falls in love with another girl there? What if he forgets me?" Yubin voiced between her sobs. "I don’t want to lose him"

"I'm sure that never happen. He loves you right? Don’t you trust him?" Yubin was silent. "I know you two will miss each other. But he went aboard to study. It's his dream" Mrs. Bae continued.

Yubin sighed. Mrs. Bae waited for her to compose herself.

 

 

"We're going to have dinner. Come join us" Mrs. Bae said. "It's okay. I don’t feel like eating" Yubin wiped her tears.

"Okay then. I'm going down for dinner. If you want to eat, just come down" Mrs. Bae let go off Yubin and exited the room.

Yubin climbed onto her bed and hugged her teddy bear. She buried her face into the teddy bear.

"I'm sorry, Jihoon" she continued to cry. Slowly, she drifted into sleep.

*             *             *

                It was a school day. Seoyeon approached Yubin who was constantly staring out the class. “Yubin” she called but Yubin didn’t reply. Eunwoo and Hayoung who was standing there continued to look at Yubin. “She really won’t answer us, is she?” Eunwoo sighed.

“I can’t take it anymore!” Hayoung smacked her hand on her desk. The whole class member turned to them but Hayoung ignored the stares. Yubin turned to her for a brief moment but then out the window again.

“Tell me, Yubin. For how long will you keep this up?!” “You’re disturbing me, Hayoung” Yubin replied with a slow voice. “Stop it, Hayoung” Seoyeon voiced. “No” Hayoung still staring at Yubin. “Yubin, look here”

                Yubin turned to them, expressionless. “You can’t do this to us, Yubin. You had been ignoring us…no. You had been ignoring the world for weeks. I’m not asking you to move on this instance. I don’t think I’m in the position to tell you to move on too. But I hope you can consider our feelings too. It hurts us to see you in this sadness. We had been thinking ‘What should we do to make Yubin smile again?’. Have you never think about us? Are we forgotten?”

                Eunwoo and Seoyeon watched Hayoung in complete shock. Yubin met eyes with Hayoung. Then, she couldn’t meet her eyes anymore as her vision fell onto the desk.

 

"I'm sorry, Hayoung, everyone. I miss Jihoon so much that I only think about him. I never realize I hurt my friends' feelings. I'm sorry" Yubin wiped her tears. "If you're sorry, please bring back the happy and calm Yubin we know. And about Jihoon, he's studying. And that’s his dream. I know he hope you'll understand him. What do you think he'll say if he saw you like this? Being quiet and ignore everything around you" Hayoung’s voice softened and she caressed her head. "I know you'll never let this sadness get the best of you, Yubin. We had known each other since we were kids. You're like my own sister and I don’t want to see my sister like this"

Slowly, Yubin nodded and wiped her tears.

"Thank you, Hayoung" she smiled.