Chapter 14

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin was waiting at the living room that morning. Her eyes trailed off to the clock. *He’s a bit late. Maybe overslept* she sunk into the sofa. “I’ll just wait for him then” she took out her music player and wore her earphones. Upon turning it on, an unfamiliar song was played. She sat up in surprise.

“Wait, what song is this?” she went through the playlist and all of them were songs she didn’t recognise. *Don’t tell me I switched mine with Jihoon* she sighed. *Why am I so careless?*

Yubin eventually listened to the songs in the playlist. Unknowingly, she tapped her finger to the hip hop song. *Not bad*

The song changed to Gfriend song that made Yubin once again sat up in surprise. *Woah! He listens to Gfriend?! Fan boy detected!*

The doorbell rang and Mrs. Bae went to open the door.

“Good morning, Aunty” Jihoon bowed. "Good morning. Come in" she replied. As Yubin heard Jihoon’s voice, she turned off the music player. She looked up to meet eyes with Jihoon who was entering the living room.

"Good morning, Yubin" Jihoon smiled. "Good morning” Yubin smiled. "Yubin said you did a great job tutoring her. Thank you, Jihoon" Mrs. Bae spoke. "You're welcome. I'm glad I can help her" Jihoon replied and turned to Yubin. "Should we go now?"

Yubin nodded. With that they walked out from the house and headed to the park. Yubin took out Jihoon’s music player and handed it to him.

"You took it?" Jihoon slid his hand into his pocket and took out Yubin’s music player. "That's mine!" she took it. Jihoon took his music player. "Looks like our iPod is identical" Yubin nodded at his statement and asked "Did you hear to the song in here?" He nodded. "SHINee's Onew-In Your Eyes is great. Not bad"

"That's OST song. And since I like SHINee, I downloaded that song" Yubin explained. "I listened to your iPod. So you’re Gfriend’s fanboy?”

“Huge fan!” he smiled proudly. "Aigo. This kid" she teased. "Who are you calling kid? I'm much taller than you" “Nae nae" "Admit it that you're shorter" "Yeah. Whatever" "Woohoo! I'm taller!" Jihoon punched the air with both of his fist. *How can he be happy when his ex-girlfriend just called yesterday?* she shook her head with a wry smile.

They sat at the same gazebo as they arrived at the park. Many people came to the park in the early morning to have a morning jog. Yubin began to take out her books. Jihoon was busy going through the book in his grip.

“Jihoon" she called. *Should I ask him about that Hana or not?* "What is it?" he still didn't get his eyes away from the papers. "About-"

"Yubin!" A familiar male voice could be heard. Jihoon and Yubin looked up to search for the owner of the voice. Eunwoo approached them with a small towel over his head and his hair was damp from the sweat. "Eunwoo!" Yubin called with smile. *Tsk! This guy again* Jihoon thought.

"Hi, you two. Good morning" Eunwoo smiled. "Good morning" she smiled. Jihoon nodded in acknowledgement. "Having a jog?" she asked. "Yes. What are you two doing here? Wait! Did I just disturb you two on a date?" "No. Eunwoo, we-" "I know. He's your fiancé right?" "Wait! How do you know?" "Seoyeon sent me this" he showed the picture of Yubin and Jihoon at the park yesterday. "Seriously Seoyeon!" she shrieked.

"I'm a bit surprised to know he's your fiancé" Eunwoo glanced at Jihoon. "It's our parents’ decision. If not, I'll never go out with this witch" Jihoon crossed his arms to his chest, looking arrogant as ever. Yubin glared at him. "But don't worry. Yubin is a nice person" Eunwoo smiled at her and she smiled back. *Really? Like I care. She totally changed when she sees Eunwoo. This is girl is something* Jihoon thought.

"So you two are studying?" Eunwoo saw the papers with formulas and workings. "He helps me with Math this summer. Since I'm bad at it" Yubin answered. "That's great. I thought you wouldn't accept her, Jihoon" he glanced at Jihoon. "It's for the sake of our parents" Jihoon answered without looking at Eunwoo.

*Looks like I made someone uncomfortable here* Eunwoo smirked. "I should go now" he voiced. "Oh okay. See you later” Yubin waved. Eunwoo saw Jihoon from the corner of his eyes and smirked. *Why don’t I make someone jealous here?* Eunwoo leaned it and pecked her cheeks. Jihoon was surprised but he kept his expression straight. Yubin smiled at Eunwoo. "Bye" he waved and continued to jog. She waved and watched he went away.

"Did I disturb your relationship with him?" Jihoon blurted. "Don't get us wrong. He always does that since we were little" Yubin explained. "Owwh. Isn't that sweet?" Jihoon teased. "Wait! Don’t tell me you’re jealous with Eunwoo" "Me? Jealous? My ! I better kiss a rock than kiss you" Jihoon paused his word when *what did I just say??!! Stupid!! I better just ignore it*

*What did he said?!* Yubin looked down in embarrassment. Jihoon took a paper and voiced. "Sorry. I didn’t mean to say that. Just forget it" he voiced. She nodded, not making any eye contact.

 

 

Jihoon nodded in silent as he examined Yubin's works. "You did a great job. There are some question you're wrong. Next time, avoid making careless mistakes, okay?" he spoke. "I'll try. Thank you" "You're welcome" he continued to look at the papers. Yubin eyes glued to him. *He acts so differently when we're studying. Right! I want to ask about that Hana. Maybe after this* Yubin thought. She stretched her exhausted arm.

"Exhausted already?" he asked and glanced at his watch. "Let's go. It's already pass 5 p.m." his hand began to collect the papers. Yubin nodded and helped him. They stood and strolled beside the lake to walk out of the park. Jihoon took a pebble and threw it into the lake creating disturbance on the once calm lake. "Argh! Not far enough"

Yubin smirked and took a pebble and threw it further than Jihoon. She smiled, proud. Jihoon narrowed his eyes to her and picked another pebble. Without they realize, they competed on who throw the furthest.

"Ah! I give up. You win!" Yubin spread her already hurt arms. "Yeah! I win!" Jihoon jumped in joy. "Woohoo!"

"It just a kid game" she voiced. "I know you're jealous" he stuck out his tongue. Yubin ignored him and started to walk. "Yah! Yubin!" Jihoon shouted and followed her.

"Chill okay? I'm just kidding. You know me" he smiled. She just nodded and they were silent. As they walk out from the park,

"Jihoon" she took his attention. "What?"

She bit her lips before ask.

“The other day. When the person named Hana called you, is it Yoo Hana that once attend our school?" At the mention of her name, Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Yea”

"It had been a while since I hear from her" "Stop beating around the bush, Yubin. I know you want to ask about us" "It is. But I'm afraid you'll get angry" "I'll be forever angry with her. I can't keep this secret from you forever anyway. Well, we were couple last year but I ended things with her. I don’t know why do I decide to date her the first time she confess to me" he explained. "Why did she still call you?" "She wants us to be together again. But I don't want to. Believe me" he paused and took a breath. “I tried. I tried to love her. But I can’t keep on lying to myself for someone else’s happiness”

"I felt as if I am the most stupid person ever exist. Why do I spend my time, pretending, lying to myself? She’s innocent. I’m the one who’s bad here, fooling her. But now I had to face the consequences of my action for playing with her heart and lying to myself. She had been calling me since we break up, she couldn’t let me go. I'm such a jerk"

For the rest of the walk, only silence accompanied them.

"Jihoon, it's okay. You can send me until that corner. I can walk home myself" Yubin tried hard to talk nicely and not to hurt his tore heart. She pointed to a corner in front of them. "No. Let me send you home. Besides, your parents asked me take care of you right?"

"I'm home" Yubin opened the house door as she entered her house. Jihoon was behind her. "Jihoon! You're here too. Come in" Moonbin smiled. "It's okay. I should head home now. It's getting late" Jihoon mustered a smile. "Okay. Thank you for helping Yubin" "You're welcome. I'm going. Bye" Jihoon exited the house. Yubin followed him. She closed the door behind her.

"Hey, if you have any problem, you can just tell me, you know. Who knows if I can help" Yubin pitied him. "Sure. But if the matter of heart, I don't know if someone can ever heal it" "I'm sorry for making you bring up the past" "What's with you, Yubin? You're weird today. Stop asks forgiveness" Jihoon smirked. "I’m just guilty. I afraid my curiosity hurt you" "Chill. I can handle it" *I guess* He patted her shoulder with a small smirk and walked home.