Chapter 30

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin ran upstairs as she heard her phone rang. She slid the icon to answer the call.

"Yes?" "I miss you, Yubin!" Hayoung exclaimed from the other line. "Hey!" "How are you two?" "We're fine. I healed from fever a few weeks ago" Yubin smiled widely and sat on her bed. "Wait! 'You two'? Since when did you ever care about Jihoon?"

"Omo! I made my friend here jealous! Sorry. Anyway, how’s everything going? What happen to both of you?" "You'll not believe this if I tell you we're like best friends now" "What?! Seriously?!" "Yes" "Quick! Let me speak to Jihoon now!" "Why?" "I want to ask what had he done to you. You used to really annoyed with his presence but now-" "There is no way I will let you talk to him" "Huh! He's yours right? I shouldn’t bother you two" "Hayoung-ah" Yubin smirked. "Why did you call anyway?"

"I'm leaving for Australia tomorrow" "Whoa! That's awesome! Have a safe journey" "Sure. You know I had been bored to death here" "Why wouldn’t you call me then?" "I don’t want to disturb you and Jihoon. That's all"

 

 

Jihoon was watching the TV with Grandma in the living room. Slowly, Jihoon dozed off on the sofa with his cap covering his eyes. The sky slowly turned dark as it brought heavy thick cloud. Thunder could be heard and slowly raindrops poured down the earth heavily. Grandma stood beside the window. She fell into her deep thought alone and turned to glance at Jihoon.

*Asleep?* Grandma walked to the TV and turned it off. She walked to the kitchen.

 

 

"Okay bye" Yubin ended the phone call. Her vision ran outside the window. "I guess I'm staying in here for the day" she held out her hand across the bed and took a book. She began to read it in silent while leaning against the wall. She read the book for hours as the rain kept poured. 

 

 

"Yubin" Jihoon whispered in his sleep. He was panting and his eyebrows were pinched together. Jihoon shook his self as if he was trying to free himself. His cap fell onto the floor.  "Yubin!" he called and his eyes wide opened. His eyes went out the window and widened at the sight of rain.

"Yubin!" he whispered and stood up. The image of Yubin laid weakly under the tree in the rain the other day came into his mind. *Don’t tell me she's outside!* he dashed to the door and ran outside. Jihoon ran up the hill although he was now drenched with rain. His white shirt had soaked and his hair fell over his eyes but he kept running up the hill.

"Yubin!" he shouted but then stopped when he saw no sight of Yubin under the tree. His head turned to the direction of the cottage and saw their room light had been lighted. *What the-* he ran to the house and entered the house.

"Where had you been? You're soaked wet" Grandma walked out from the kitchen and her eyes glued to Jihoon. "I thought Yubin was outside" he was panting. "She's upstairs. Go get change now" He nodded and walked up the stair.

Yubin heard the sound of footstep walked up the stairs and into the room but she had her eyes glued to the words on the page. Jihoon looked at her and heaved a sigh. He closed the door behind him and stood still. Yubin knew it was Jihoon so she just ignored his presence.

"What are you doing standing there?" she didn’t look at him. He stayed silent. "Ignoring me? Fine then" she stated and ignored him. Jihoon stood in front of her without a word. He stared at her. Yubin noticed his glare and she put down her book. They exchanged glare.

*Did he go out? He's soaked* she thought as her eyes caught the sight of his wet hair. *He's-* her cheeks started to burn.

"Jihoon" she was about to say something to him but Jihoon leaned in and climbed onto her bed. Her eyes widened as he leaned in without a word. Yubin backed and she leaned flat against the wall. Her heart beat faster as if it was about to explode. Jihoon looked deep into her eyes as he leaned closer. Yubin shut her eyes, not wanting to see his seductive eyes. 

Jihoon stopped a few centimetres before their lips touched. His eyes traced down to her eyes and down to her nose. His eyes sadden and he parted away from her. He stood again and Yubin slowly opened her eyes.

"I'm sorry" he whispered not facing her. He took a new clothing and towel before entered the bathroom.

"What was that?" she stared at an empty space while her mind reminded the incident that just happens. Her heart raced when she thought how close they were. She remembered the look in his eyes. It was melancholy. His face with his wet hair over his eyes. *Why didn’t I never realize he can be that handsome?*

"What?!" she shook her head. *What am I thinking?! Argh! That derp is making me insane!* she closed her face with her pillow. 

*Maybe* she pulled the pillow away. *Just maybe. I had fallen for him*

 

 

*What had I done?* Jihoon leaned against the door. He held his head. *I must be crazy! I can’t control myself*

He looked at himself in the mirror. *Yah, Jihoon! You shouldn’t make it obvious that you care about her!* Slowly, he smiled but his smile did not stay. It faded. *What if I'm the only that love her? What if she does not even want to look at me?*

*             *             *

"Yubin" Grandma entered the living room with a bright smile. Yubin was looking at the books at the shelf with her finger on her lips, trying to choose a book. She turned to her.

"Can you do me a favour?" Grandma asked. Jihoon walked pass the living room. "Jihoon, come here" she beckoned him over. "Yes?" he entered the living room.

"Can you two give me a hand?" Grandma began "Buy me some grocery. Jihoon, you take care of Yubin"

"When?" Yubin asked. "Now" "Now?! Give me 10 minutes" Yubin ran upstairs to get ready.

"Your turn now" Yubin nodded upstairs as she walked down. She was talking to Jihoon. "Tsk. Are we doing a relay or what?" Jihoon chuckled but went upstairs. Before he stepped further, he glanced back to see Yubin. *She's truly gorgeous*

Yubin sat on the swing at the veranda of the cottage. She stared at the wide field while thinking.

*Did I fell for Jihoon? That's ridiculous! * she chuckled but she remembered how close they were last few days. Her heart started to beat faster. *But my heart tells the truth* she heaved a sigh. *I'm confused*

Jihoon walked down after got ready minutes later.

"Really? That's so nice of you" Grandma talked through the phone. She and Jihoon exchanged smiles. Jihoon walked to the living room but at no sight of Yubin, he walked out.

"Here you are" Jihoon said to her. She lifted her head. He sat beside her. "You always thinking I see. Who are you thinking about?" he teased.

"Tsk. What the. No. No one" she replied. Grandma went to them. "Sorry, you two. Mr. Lim's daughter wants to drop off here to send me something so she wanted to buy me some grocery since she's now at the store" Grandma stated.

"But don’t worry. Since you two had got ready. Go spend time together" Grandma suggested. "But I don’t want to" Yubin protested. "No no. I'm chasing both of you out right now" Grandma slipped some money in Yubin's hand. “Use this wisely"

"And you Jihoon" Grandma took his hand and placed it in Yubin's hand. Their eyes widened and looked at their entwined hand.  "Take her away. I don’t want to see you two be home too early. Go" she shooed them away.

"Okay. We'll be going now" Jihoon bowed and started to leave with Yubin behind him. Yubin turned to look at Grandma with pouted.

"Bye! Have fun" Grandma waved at them. Jihoon waved back with a smile. Grandma chuckled at the sight of Yubin being so childish. Yubin sighed and smiled. She waved at her.

"Where should we go?" Jihoon asked as they sat at the bus station. "Why don’t we go watch a movie?"

"Sounds great. But can you?" Yubin eyes went to their entwined hands. "Like I care. I can hold my fiancé’s hand anytime I want right?" he teased. "What the-" "Okay okay" he let go off her hand. "Maybe I'll hold your hand next time" "Jihoon!". He laughed at her.

 

 

 

They walked into the cinema once they bought their tickets.

"Yubin, here" Jihoon pointed to their seats. They sat and put their popcorn and drinks.

"I don’t know if I’ll fall asleep during the movie" Jihoon voiced. "Don’t you dare to sleep. You asked to watch the movie in the first place" Yubin replied. "But you chose this boring movie" "You know what? I'm going to ignore you now" she looked at the screen that was showing some commercials.

Yubin put her hand on the arm rest. A group of guys sat next to her. They laughed and snickered at each other. Yubin furrowed her eyebrows as they made noise. She heaved a sigh and watched the commercial.

"Opps! Sorry" a guy next to her accidentally put his hand on her hand at the arm rest. He quickly pulled his hand back. "It's okay" she replied. Jihoon glared at the guy then his eyes went to the screen back. Not long after that,

"Sorry" the guy apologized again as he accidentally stepped on Yubin's foot. “It's okay" she replied. Again, Jihoon gave the guy a death glare but the guy didn’t see it.

"I'm sorry" once again, the guy pulled his hand back as his hand and her collided at the arm rest. But this time it was not accidential. "It seems that I hit you many times. I'm really sorry" he said.

"It's okay. No big deal" she smiled. *This is trying to raise hell with me I see!* she looked at the screen back and the movie was about to start. The guy leaned against his seat and their shoulder touched.

Yubin furrowed her eyebrows and her left hand held Jihoon's hand on the arm rest on her left. Jihoon looked at her hand then to her face. She motioned to the guy with her eyes. Jihoon pulled her closer.

"Change seat with me" he whispered. She nodded and stood. Both of them exchanged seats.

"Okay now?" Jihoon whispered as the movie started. Yubin nodded. "Thanks" she whispered.

                Hours of watching movie,

*I ran out of my drink* Jihoon sighed and looked to his left. *She wouldn’t mind right?* he took Yubin’s drink and drank it. “Yah!” Yubin held her shout. “Shhhh. People are watching the movie” he smirked. “This kid” she slapped his shoulder and continued to watch the movie. Jihoon just shook his head with smile.

“Thank you” he put her drink back. She rolled her eyes and took her drink. Their hand touched and she looked at him. Yubin pulled her hand back but Jihoon quickly held to it. “Your hand. It’s freezing” he held her hand and rubbed it against his palms. Yubin heart raced again and her cheeks started to turn red.

*It’s relief that it’s dark in here* she thought and looked away. Jihoon smirked and continued to watch the movie with their hand entwined. *His hand is warm. Thank you, Jihoon* she secretly smiled.