Chapter 43

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Days went after Eunwoo and Yubin had talked to each other. It was night. Yubin walked into a restaurant and looked around. She spotted a person and gave the person a smile.

“Sorry that I’m late” Yubin bowed to the person. “Aunty Suah”

                Mrs. Cha gave a warm smile. “It’s okay. Come sit” Eunwoo’s mother replied. Yubin sat across her. The two enjoyed their dinner.

“Yubin” Mrs. Cha called. Yubin lifted her head from eating. “You know I didn’t call you just for dinner, right?” “Yes” Yubin took a tissue and wiped . “I’m sure you have something to talk about”

                Mrs. Cha smiled. “About your marriage. It’s only two weeks away. But I saw you and Eunwoo. Did you two fight?”

                Yubin hesitated but then nodded. “I’m so sorry. It’s my fault”

“Hey” Mrs. Cha called and held her hands. “I understand. All couples went through good and bad times. There are no happily ever after. Even after marriage. You two will live as married couple through thick and thin and I hope you two will stay strong together even after years”

                Yubin bit her quivering lips, holding back her tears.

“Even after your marriage later, it’s okay to fight. Maybe because both of you need some times alone to sort things out. We need those times in our lives. But just make sure to make up again later” Mrs. Cha patted her shoulder. Yubin nodded.

“But” Mrs. Cha let go off her and leaned back. “I noticed something about Eunwoo”

                Yubin stared at her, waiting for her to tell.

“He doesn’t seem happy. No. Should I say, bothered by something? I’m not sure. But he said it’s because of school. You too know he’s lying, right?” “Yes. I don’t see him having problems with friends at school”

                Mrs. Cha sighed. “I guess he does need some time alone, away from everyone”

“Maybe because of our marriage” Yubin voiced that made Mrs. Cha lifted her head to her. “What do you mean?”

“I asked him to marry him. Maybe he doesn’t even agree with me” “Yubin, don’t say that”

                Yubin couldn’t keep her head up for a while. She wiped her tears. “I only care about my happiness. But I never think about his. I shouldn’t even be his best friend”

“Yubin, I wish that wasn’t the problem” Mrs. Cha voiced. “But if it’s true”

“Don’t worry, Aunty” Yubin looked to her. “I’ll let him go. I can’t let the person I love didn’t have his own happiness”

*             *             *

Eunwoo was at the hospital garden, staring up to the night sky. Moonbin came up to him, joining him. Eunwoo glanced at him.

“Hey” Moonbin called. “Hmm” “Your wedding is a few weeks ahead” “Yup” “You sure you want to keep it going?”

                Eunwoo turned to Moonbin at his question. Eunwoo shook his head. “Do you know how burdened I felt for stealing someone else’s bride?”

“Call the wedding off then” “No” “Why?” “Because I love Yubin more than anyone else” “Wait…What?”

                Eunwoo chuckled at his confused face. He stared at the sky again. “Visiting your mom for weeks made me realise that I really love Yubin. A lot. I don’t want her to be sad because she couldn’t keep her promise to her mother. I will help her”

                Moonbin sighed and stared up again. “I see you love Yubin so much and hang out with her a lot. Your brain process weird answers just like hers” “We think alike right?” “Yup”

 

 

 

 

                Yubin pushed the door open. Mrs. Bae turned to the door. “You’re here”

“Nae, omma” Yubin put the snacks she had bought on the table. A vase of fresh roses was on the table. She leaned in and smelled it. “Woah smell so nice!”

“Eunwoo brought it for me”

“Eunwoo is here?!” “Yup. But he left a little while ago” “Omma, I’ll be out for a while” Yubin sprinted out the ward and through the hallway.

 

                Her steps stopped at the garden when she noticed a familiar figure. *Eunwoo* Yubin entered the garden. Eunwoo was watching the sky alone. Hearing footsteps, Eunwoo turned to the direction of the sound. His eyes slightly agape. “Yubin-ah”

“Hey” Yubin smiled. She stood beside him and followed his gaze. “What are you doing?”

“Watching the stars”

“Oh, it’s Orion!” Yubin saw the constellation. “Which one?” “There” she pointed to the star pattern with his eyes following her hand gesture.

“You really know a lot about stars” “Because I love them” “Yup I know” “I can tell you more about stars-“ her eyes caught a familiar constellation in the sky. *That’s Procyon*

                Her mind went to the night an unknown person fell into her room years ago and it turned out to be Jihoon. She smiled to herself.

“Why?” Eunwoo followed her gaze. Yubin chuckled and pointed to the Procyon constellation. “That’s Procyon”

“Woah it looks so bright!” “Of course. It’s my favourite shining star” Yubin smiled to herself at recalling her times spent with Jihoon. *Right. Those should be good memories that I shouldn’t cry over*

 

“I thought you were leaving” Yubin turned to him again. “Ah, that” he scratched the back of his head. “I was but I thought maybe I could meet you if I stay for a little longer so yea” “You want to meet me?” “Yup” “Me too. I mean I want to meet you” “Why?” “Well” Yubin looked around. “I just want to apologise. For the other day. You?”

“I want to apologize too” Eunwoo smiled and with that she replied his smile. “So we’re cool?” “You bet!” Yubin high-fived him. “Woah we really think alike” “Of course. We had been friends for years”

                The two was silent.

“Hey about the wedding” Yubin started. “Don’t worry” Eunwoo turned to her with a smile. “I’m going to do it”

“What?” “Isn’t that what you want to hear?” “I’m about to tell you it’s okay to call it of” “What? Why? You want to make your omma happy right?” “But then I realised, I’m forcing you into this marriage. And you’re unhappy. I just want” she sighed. “I just want my best friend to be happy”

                Eunwoo smiled and held her on her shoulder. “And so am I. You know I love you a lot that I don’t want to see you sad. That’s why I’m going to marry you so both you and your omma can be happy” he pulled her into a hug. Yubin immediately sobbed in his arms with his caressing her head. “Thank you so much, Eunwoo. I’m so blessed to have a friend like you”

               

 

                Moonbin was watching them from afar the whole time. He smiled to himself.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 April 2020

A/N: Hi everyone. To muslim, assalamualaikum.

 

Due to recent outbreak, I lost focus n couldn't upload for a few weeks. So sorry. Thank you for reading. I pray that u n evryone u love r always healthy.

It had been a hectic situation lately. I came back home in rush from Johor, abt 4 hrs from my home in KL. And so I didnt pack much. Srsly I was such in rush n panic! I think that night I rush home was the longest night in my life! Anyway, now the class continued online. Unfortunately, my notes were all in my room at Johor -_- So yea I had to do all the notes again. So sorry but I will try to upload regularly. I'll be really busy as everything is pushed back and resheduled. I have a thesis to write too. So yea I'll be really busy.

I'll try to post more chapters so you r not bored during this quarantine period ><

Anyway, take care of ur health n those around you. Hope u r happy and healthy always. Let's fight Covid-19 together! Thanks for reading~