Chapter 6

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin was panting hard as she ran. She glanced to her side. Jihoon ran passed her. The two were at the running track, carrying out the punishment given by their discipline teacher.

“Hurry up, sloth!” Jihoon jeered. He stuck out his tongue to her. Yubin narrowed her eyes at him. “You really asking for a beating, are you Park Jihoon?!” she caught up to him but Jihoon sprinted faster. Yubin yelled in annoyance with Jihoon smirked in complete satisfaction.

Yubin sighed and glanced at her watch. “We’ll finish running just before the last bell. I’ll never make it to class today”

“Isn’t it a good thing?” Jihoon came beside her. “It’s all your fault!” she snorted. “Yah, you should be grateful. Now you don’t to have to stuck all day in that boring class” “That boring class is the place I want to be right now. Rather than running here. Now I need to study on my own” she sighed.

 

 

“Hey” Yubin called as Jihoon jog beside her. Jihoon turned to her. “You’re one of CLOUD, right?” “Yea. Why? Want me to pass some letters for you?” “Yes” “Woah. Never know that you can like someone. Heol!” “Yah, you think I’m heartless that I don’t like anyone?” “So it’s true that you like someone. Who is it? I should warn that person about you” Jihoon smirked. “So he would think twice about dating you”

“Yah!” Yubin smacked him on his shoulder that made Jihoon winched. “It’s not a love letter though”

“So you want me to pass gift to someone?” “No. Actually I want you to help pass a letter to someone. You know I had been receiving letters, right?” “Really? Never know. Someone likes you?! Daebak! That person must have lost their mind” “Yah!”

Jihoon laughed before continued. “Well, I don’t really know about it. We CLOUD pass letters randomly. So I’m not the only one who help post letters to you. But once I post a letter to your locker” “So you do know I received letter!” “Yep. But why do you ask?” “Do you by any chance know who send me those letters?” “Yah, CLOUD can’t reveal the sender or the receiver identity to anyone” “Awh, come on. This is important! You have to help me! I don’t mind if you don’t reveal who the sender is. But please. You need to help pass a letter to that person” “And why is this letter important?”

*I can’t tell him I need to tell my crush that I’m engaged! * Yubin bit her lips.

“Well, I have my reason” she looked away. “You don’t need to know”

“Okay” Jihoon sprinted off, ignoring her. “Yah!” Yubin caught up to him. “Come on, help me”

“I never say I’ll not help you” Jihoon glanced at her. “So you can help me?” her face brightened. He nodded. “Since I’m a CLOUD member, I should help you”

“Yeah! Thank you” “Nae nae. I know I’m a good senior, am I?” Jihoon smiled proudly. “Didn’t hear you” Yubin already ran far from him.

 

 

 

Yubin fell onto her knees. “Done!” she shouted. Jihoon glanced at her. He already completed the lap not long ago. The last bell went by. Yubin pouted. “The school already end” Her eyes landed on Jihoon. He was drinking a bottle of water. He noticed her stares. “Catch!” he threw another bottle of mineral to her. Her eyes widened. The bottle flew into her grip. “Thanks” she gulped down the chilly water.

“See you later” Jihoon started to walk away. “Remember, your promise to help me” Yubin shouted. Jihoon just lifted his hand in reply.

 

 

“Yubin, where have you been?” Hayoung greeted Yubin who was at her locker. “Running at the field. Mr. Jung punished us for running at the corridor” Yubin replied. “Really?” Seoyeon quickly took out her handheld fan and directed it to Yubin’s face. “You must be tired”

“Super tired!” Yubin chuckled. “Thank you, Seoyeon” she took the fan and held it herself. Yubin closed her locker and the girls began to walk out of the hallway.

“You and Jihoon?” Hayoung asked. “Yup” Yubin nodded. “You two must be pranking each other again” “That’s the only thing we do when we meet each other” Yubin shrugged. “So yea”

“You must be really hate him” Seoyeon voiced. “Hate? No” Yubin replied. “I’m just annoyed with him. He had been disturbing me since we’re in kindergarten”

“Anyway” Yubin changed the topic. “About what we talked earlier. Want to hang out?”

“Of course. This weekend?” “Alright!” Hayoung punched the air in absolute glee.

 

 

Yubin got off the bus and walked alone. The sky was already dark.

“Yubin?”

She lifted her head to see a familiar figure behind her. “Moonbin?”

“Hey” Moonbin approached her with a smile across his face. “You’re home late” Yubin replied. “I stayed at the library for a while” he slung his arm to her neck. That made her winched a tad. “Ah sorry” he quickly removed his arms. He stepped away a bit from her.

“Sorry, Moonbin” she murmured. “No. I’m the one who should apologise” he voiced.

There was a tick-tock silent between them.

“You know I don’t like being in this awkward silent, right?” Moonbin smirked. Yubin mustered a smile. “How can we be like this? This awkward. Between us” she sighed. “Though we’re twins”

-Flashback-

“Moonbin!” the 5-year-old Yubin came running to the front door as the 5-year-old Moonbin made his way into the house. A bag was on his shoulder. “Let’s play! Come on!” Yubin pulled his arm in absolute glee. “Yubin-ah” Moonbin replied with a wide smile. “Let’s-“

“Moonbin need to study” Mrs. Bae came and snatched Moonbin’s arm from Yubin’s. Yubin watched as Moonbin being dragged away to his room. Her shoulder fell.

 

 

 

Yubin was cycling her tricycle around the yard. She stopped and stared at Moonbin’s tricycle.

“When will Moonbin play with me?”

 

Moonbin walked up the stairs with a tray of biscuits in his grip. The milk he was carrying spilled a tad as he climbed the stairs. He knocked on Yubin’s door.

“Yubin, it’s Moonbin. I bought your favorite cookie” Moonbin voiced. He waited but there was no reply. “Yubin-ah” he called again.

“Go away! I don’t want to talk to you!” Yubin’s snarl could be heard. Moonbin’s eyes widened for a while before his eyes saddened. His shoulder fell.

-End of flashback-

“It seems that I’m the one who made us this way” Moonbin’s smile was sad. “Why can’t you just blame our parents?” Yubin glanced at him. “Even if they did made mistake, I should fix it. I’m so irresponsible as an older brother” “Yah, don’t say that. I should fix our situation. I shouldn’t have run away and shut you out. I’m just being jealous that omma and appa had their attention on you more than me” “I totally understand your situation. If I were you, I had been doing the same”

 

“Let’s try and fix our situation little by little” Moonbin turned to her. Yubin stopped. And so did Moonbin. “Together” Yubin continued. Moonbin’s lips twitched into a smile. She smiled too.

They continued to walk.

“You want to major in music later in college?” Moonbin suddenly asked. “Me? Music?” Yubin chuckled. “No way. It had been a while since I last play-“

“But you still love music. And you played the piano last night. I heard it”

Yubin turned to him with her eyes widened. “You heard it?”

“Yup” he smiled. “And it still sounds wonderful as always. I had insomnia lately but listening to you play last night really helps me sleep. Thank you, Yubin”

“Don’t mention it” she smiled coyly. “I used to play piano for you too, back then. So whenever you want to listen to them, just say it to me. I’ll gladly play for you”

 

 

“But don’t you want to? Major in music later?” “I’ll think about it. I don’t think omma and appa will like it if I further my study in music” “So you’ll major in business? Just like they want?” “I guess so” “Yah, Bae Yubin! As your brother, I want you to stop making such decision” “We’re only 5 minutes apart” she rolled her eyes. “Yah, I’m telling you seriously” he continued to blabber.

“Nae nae. I’ll try to ask later” “Promise?” “Sure” “If you want, I can be there when you talk to omma and appa. Maybe you’ll need some backup” “I’ll try to manage on my own. Besides, I’m a grown up now. I want to do what I want to”

“Let’s stop talking about me” she glanced at him. “What are you going to do after this? Since you’re in your last year”

“Ah, that” Moonbin started. “I plan to further study at the States. If omma and appa allow me”

“I’m sure they’ll allow you. But isn’t it hard for you? Skipping grade and now here you are in the senior year” “Quite hard. But I must say I have many noona fans” he chuckled. “Aigo” she smacked his shoulder. “Always full of himself”

“Yah, I’m saying the truth. I’m not lying” he quickly went through the messages he received and showed his phone to her that Yubin purposely looked away. “Look”

“I’m not gonna look” she ran away with giggles. “Come on, Yubin” he whined and chased her.

 

 

Yubin and Moonbin stepped into their house. They were still laughing.

“Both of you are home together?” Mrs. Bae came to them. “We bump into each other while walking home” Moonbin replied. “You two are having fun” Mrs. Bae smiled. “You know we like to tease each other, omma” Yubin added. She and Moonbin exchanged sheepish smile.

“Woah, you two sure are twins. You look the same” Mrs. Bae chuckled. “There, there. Come have dinner after you cleaned yourselves up”

“Nae, omma” Moonbin watched as Mrs. Bae walked into the kitchen.

The family sat at the dining table. Yubin finished her meal. She lifted her head to her family. “Omma, appa. Can I go out with my friends this weekend?”

“Friends?” Mr. Bae lifted his chin to her. “Hayoung and Seoyeon?”

“Yes” “Alright then. But make sure not to be home too late” “Aye, aye. Thank you, appa”

Mrs. Bae glanced at her husband. “Honey, don’t you have anything else to tell Yubin?”

“Something to tell me?” Yubin tilted her head. Mr. Bae’s furrowed his eyebrows. “Do I?”

Mrs. Bae gave him a look. “Woah, you sure are forgetful”

“Ah, that!” Mr. Bae’s snapped as a thought landed into his mind again. “We have something important to tell you”

Moonbin and Yubin met eyes then to Mr. Bae.

“You’re meeting your fiancé this summer vacation” he announced.

Yubin’s eyes widened. She covered her wide open mouth with her hand.

“Daebak! Finally, we’re meeting him!” Moonbin applauded. “You must be excited, right Yubin?”

“She must be nervous” Mrs. Bae gave her a mischievous smile. “She’s finally meeting her prince charming”

“Omma” Yubin covered her cheeks that started to grow crimson.

The whole family laughed at her reaction. Yubin stared at them for a while but then she laughed too. *I really miss when we laugh together*