Chapter 37

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

"Yubin, are you ready?" Mr. Bae called from downstairs. "I'll be down shortly" Yubin replied from inside her room. "Faster, Yubin! You're taking too much time!" she put on her earring and stood back. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her white floor length quincenera ball gown fit her with royal design on it.

“I almost forgot!” she took her phone and took a mirror selfie. She smiled as she looked at the image again. Yubin sent the image to Jihoon’s phone with a text message.

| I’m going to the grad prom! Miss you, Jihoon! >< |

Yubin scrolled at other text messages that she sent to Jihoon but received no reply. She sighed. “I miss you, Jihoon” she whispered. Her eyes went to the stack of CLOUD letters she had placed in a box near her piano. Her eyes saddened. She stood, grabbed her purse and walked downstairs.

 

 

“Oh my!” Mrs. Bae gasped. Yubin smiled at her parents who were waiting for her downstairs. “Our daughter” Mrs. Bae cupped her face. “You look so gorgeous”

“Of course” Moonbin stepped to them. He crossed his arms to his chest. “I helped her to pick that dress the other day. That’s why. I know I have good fashion sense”

“Aigo” Yubin chuckled as Moonbin was ignored by their parents.

“I always have this image of you wearing your wedding dress” Mrs. Bae voiced. “Omma, how can you think that now” Yubin chuckled. “I’m not going to marry soon. Maybe in few years” “I know. I just” Mrs. Bae sighed with a smile. “I really wish to see you in your wedding dress, all happy on your wedding day. Don’t you think so?” she turned to Mr. Bae. He smiled and nodded. “Of course. We’ll wait for that day. And I’m sure on that day, the image will be way better than you imagine it will be”

“There there, I’ll send Yubin to the ball” Mr. Bae took the car keys.

“Good luck” Mrs. Bae held her hands. “If you make any mistakes, remember, just ignore it and enjoy yourself”

“Nae, omma” Yubin smiled.

                Mrs. Bae and Moonbin watched as the car exited the house compound.

 

                At the graduation ballroom, Yubin entered the hall and immediately saw Hayoung.

“Hayoung-ah” she went to her. “Omo! Yubin!” Hayoung eyed her from top to bottom. “You’re so gorgeous, babe!”

“You too” Yubin gasped at her ball dress. “You’re wearing the one Moonbin picked for you?”

“Yup” “Omo! These two are being too sweet!” “Yah” Hayoung smiled coyly.

“There you are” Seoyeon appeared behind them. “Seoyeon-ah!” both Yubin and Hayoung gasped at her gorgeous look.

“How do I look?” Seoyeon flipped her hair. “Daebak!” Yubin gave her a thumb up. “That’s why I’m late” Seoyeon pointed to her eye. “I’m spending most of my time to do my eye make-up like seriously! But it worth it though”

“This kind of event really is your cup of tea” Hayoung chuckled.

                Yubin looked around. “Wonder where is Eunwoo”

“There” Seoyeon pointed to the stage. “He’s the MC remember?”

                On the stage stood Eunwoo in his complete suit. Some people started to take pictures of him. “He’s popular” Yubin said to herself.

“May I have your attention please” his drew everyone attention to the stage. “Welcome to the annual graduation party. And now I’d like to call our head master for a word”

The crowd clapped to welcome the head master to the stage. “I bet it’s not just ‘a word’” Hayoung chuckled. “Let’s just let him talk. We wouldn’t hear his talk after this” Seoyeon replied.

While the head master still giving his speech, Yubin glanced at Seoyeon and Hayoung beside her. “Who’s that?” she nodded to some people who sat at the VIP table. “I don’t know we have VIP attending our party”

“Our teachers have many connections you know” Hayoung replied. “Every year the school will invite some VIP to attend so yea, this year too”

“But who are them?” “Don’t know. Maybe from big companies”

“Hey, Yubin” Seoyeon called. “Don’t you think you should go down now?”

                Yubin saw Eunwoo who stood beside the stage nodded his head at her. “Ah, right” Yubin replied. “I’m going then” she walked into the crowd.

“Good luck, girl!” Hayoung voiced. “I’ll make sure to record your performance” Seoyeon voiced.

                Yubin was at the back stage. After the group performance, it was her turn.

“Hey”

                She turned around to see Eunwoo smiled to her. “You look gorgeous” he said. “Aww. Thanks” she mustered a smile. “What’s wrong? Nervous?” “Yup. I’ve never play in front of crowd this big” “Yah” he held her shoulder. “I had been listening to you play since we were little. And it was perfect. And I believe it still sounds beautiful and perfect like before or maybe better. You can do this, Yubin”

“I’m just scared that I might make any mistake” “Well, you know what to do if that happen” “Ignore it and enjoy the show” “Yes”

                Yubin smiled. “You’re right. I should enjoy the show”

                The crowd clapped. “You can do this, Yubin!” Eunwoo voiced before ran to the podium again. “Now” he took the crowd’s attention. “I present to you, Bae Yubin”

                Yubin took a deep breath and collected all her courage to stand on the stage. She bowed and took her seat in front of the grand piano. She placed her fingers on the keys. Moment later, she began to play. Her mind went to the moment she played piano when she was little at school, with Jihoon watching her, playing for Moonbin who used to have insomnia, and playing with Jihoon back when they were visiting Grandma.

                Yubin bit her quivering lips, preventing herself from crying.