Chapter 42

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“You what??!!” Moonbin stood from his seat. He stared down to Yubin. They were in their mother’s ward. And so did Mr. Bae.

“No” Mr. Bae’s shook his head. “I won’t allow it. How can you…Eunwoo is just your childhood friend”

“And so did Jihoon” Yubin replied. “Why can’t I marry my childhood friend when I can be a fiancée to my other childhood friend?!”

“But you don’t love him!” Moonbin replied. “I don’t care! As long as I can make omma happy” she replied.

“No, Yubin” there no smile on Mr. Bae’s face. He was totally against her daughter decision. “I won’t agree with you. You engaged to Jihoon for years”

“Please, appa. Don’t mention his name anymore” she looked away, trying to hide the tears that started to form in her eyes.

“Whether you’re trying to make your omma happy or not, I’m still disagree with that idea. That’s final!” Mr. Bae stormed out from the room.

Yubin and Moonbin watched him exited the room. Moonbin turned to her again.

“Is this the best solution you could think of?” “Do you really think I have any other solution?!” this time she couldn’t hold her tears anymore. “I just want to make omma’s dream comes true. All of us know we might lose her anytime. Why can’t anyone understand my decision?”

“This decision will not make you happy! Why take the risk, Yubin?” “I don’t care about my happiness. Because I already lost my happiness years ago when Jihoon left me”

                Moonbin sighed. He took his coat and gave her a glare as he exited the room.

*             *             *

                Mr. Bae was out of from his office as the office hour ended. He saw a bench nearby and sat on it, thinking. He stayed there for minutes. He took out his phone and made a call.

“Look who’s calling” the voice from the other line answered. “Hun” Mr. Bae chuckled. “Did I disturb you?”

“No. It’s still Sunday here so yea weekend. What’s up?” “Did Yubin call you?” “My wife said she did talk to her. You want to talk about their marriage?” “Yea” “Look, it’s for our children best. I accept their decision” “Even if Yubin said she doesn’t want to marry Jihoon?” “She did?” “Yup. And I’m against it” “Why?” “I don’t know why she’s thinking that way” “No I mean why aren’t you agreeing to her?” “It’s your son who she should be marry off to” “Yah, we both love our children” “Yea I know. You’re saying we should agree with Yubin?” “If that’s what she wants. Donghyun-ah, our little children are growing into adult and able to make their own decision. We should believe in them”

                Mr. Bae didn’t reply. He sighed.

“Don’t burden this too much on you and your family” Mr. Park voiced. “Now who’s she choosing to marry?”

“You know the late Minki and Suah’s son” “Their son? Woah! Their son is one good-looking fella” “I know” “That means she’s marrying her childhood friend?” “Yea” “Then I approve it. He must have known her well to agree with Yubin. What do you think?” “Aish this is hard. Because our children are engaged” “Yup. But it’s fate, we couldn’t do anything about it right?”

                Mr. Bae didn’t reply.

“Don’t worry. I’ll discuss with Chanmi” Mr. Park voiced. “But I’m telling you, you have my approval. Yubin have my approval. Tell her that. But” he sighed. “I almost have a perfect daughter-in-law. Such a pity”

“Hun” “Ani” Mr. Park chuckled. “I’m just kidding. Chill, man”

“I’m trying” Mr. Bae chuckled. “Well, if you say that, then I have my answer now. Thank you, Hun”

“Nae. Talk to you later” “Nae”

*             *             *

“Omma” Yubin took a seat beside Mrs. Bae who was reading some magazine on her bed. Mrs. Bae turned to her and put the magazine away. Yubin held her hands. Mrs. Bae knew she was about to tell her something. “What is it, Yubin?”

“I’m getting marry” Yubin announced. Mrs. Bae was excited as she could see it on her wide smile. She cupped to control her excitement. “You managed to contact Jihoon?”

“It’s not Jihoon”

                Upon hearing her, Mrs. Bae held her hands again. “Yubin, what are you doing?”

                Yubin mustered a smile. “I’m marrying Eunwoo” “But he’s your childhood friend” “And so is Jihoon. I called Mrs. And Mr. Park already. And they approved it” “What about Eunwoo’s parents?” “I talked to them too. And they agreed. So yea. The wedding is going to happen” “Yubin, if you’re doing this for me…”

“Omma” Yubin called. “I want to make you happy. Please don’t stop me. This time” she blinked tears and pressed her lips together. “I hope I can do all my best to make you happy. It might be my last time”

                Mrs. Bae who was now crying, nodded.

“I wish I can do more for you, omma. I want to do many things for you” “Aigo, my daughter” Mrs. Bae pulled her into her embrace. “I’m so blessed to have such wonderful daughter like you”

“I wish you don’t leave us, omma” “I know” Mrs. Bae sighed and caressed her head. “I know, dear”

                Moonbin watched them from the cut-glass of the door. He sighed. 

*             *             *

                Hayoung glanced at Yubin who was at the back seat of her car. Seoyeon glanced back at Yubin too.

“So we’re meeting Eunwoo there?” Seoyeon asked. Yubin nodded with a hum. Hayoung and Seoyeon glanced at each other.

“Yubin, we had been friends for years” Hayoung voiced. Yubin lifted her head to her. They met each other reflection at the mirror. “And I wish to believe in every choice you made”

                Seoyeon turned to Yubin. “If you need anything else, you can just tell us”

“Thank you, girls” Yubin patted both of them on their shoulder.

 

                The car was parked and they got out from the car. They headed into the bridal boutique. Eunwoo who was waiting for them stood. “Hey”

“Hey” Yubin replied with a smile.

 

 

                Yubin was looking for a dress design from the wedding dresses hung there. Eunwoo followed beside her.

“How can I help you?” an employee there came to them. Yubin and Eunwoo turned to her.

“Yes. Can we look at the one that less exposing?” he asked. “Sure. Right this way” the employee led them to the other side of the shop.

“What design do you prefer?” the employee asked Yubin. “I have no design in particular actually” Yubin replied.

“Or maybe the groom-to-be want her to wear any particular design?” the employee turned to Eunwoo. “Let’s see” Eunwoo stared at Yubin for a while. “Maybe something that have laces but not too much. Or maybe laces at the edge”

“You seems to have a certain design you like on woman’s dress” the employee voiced. “No” Eunwoo chuckled. “She’s doesn’t like to wear anything too exposing and I think she looks good with laces dress”

“You must love your bride a lot” the employee smiled. Eunwoo and Yubin met eyes. “Well then. I’m going to bring dresses according to your preferences” the employee left them.

 

 

“You know me too well, Eunwoo” Yubin smirked. Eunwoo chuckled but it sounded awkward. And awkward silence surrounded them.

“We’re getting more awkward around each other lately” he voiced. “Tell me about it” she chuckled. “I’m the one who cause all of this awkwardness”

The employee came again minutes later with a few dresses. Yubin decided to try all of them while Eunwoo went to try his. Hayoung and Seoyeon was waiting at the waiting area in front of the fitting room. Eunwoo came out from the fitting room in his three pieces black tuxedo.

“Woah, daebak!” Hayoung exclaimed. Seoyeon quickly took out her phone to take his picture. Eunwoo smiled and made a turn. “How do I look?”

“Back when we were at school, you already have many fans. But now” Hayoung clapped her hand. “I think the whole world will fall for you”

                Eunwoo fixed the bow tie as he looked at himself in the mirror.

“Look here” Seoyeon called as she wanted to take his picture. “I’m sending this to Moonbin and Minho oppa”

“And tell Minho hyung I thank him” Eunwoo voiced. “If it wasn’t for him that recommend this boutique, we wouldn’t know this place”

“Yup. He came here last week with his fiancé. That’s why he recommended it to us”

‘”Fiance’” Eunwoo rephrased it. Seoyeon continued to take his picture while he drifted into daydream.

                Seoyeon went to Hayoung again. Eunwoo’s hand fell to his side. He lifted his head to his reflection at his side. “But I’m taking away his fiancée”

 

“The bride is ready” the employee announced. The curtain was pushed to the side, revealing Yubin in her white laced long dress. Her hair was braided with Florence pins. She lifted her head to them.

                Seoyeon and Hayoung stood with their mouth agape. “Wait” Seoyeon grabbed the flower bouquet beside her and handed it to Yubin. Yubin took her steps down and approached them. “Yubin” Hayoung called. “You look gorgeous. Wait” she looked up to avoid her tears from falling. “I never imagine seeing you in your wedding dress. You’ve grown big”

                Yubin laughed. “Of course I am”

“You’re gorgeous” Seoyeon smiled widely. But then she pressed her lips together, to hold herself from crying. “Aww, why?” Yubin held her hand. “Don’t cry”

“We had been together for years. And now look. You’re about to get married. Of course I am so happy right now” “Aigo” Yubin wiped her tears.

“Let me just” Seoyeon quickly took out her phone and snapped pictures of her.

                Eunwoo approached Yubin. The two met eyes. He smiled. “I’m right. Laces goes well with you”

                Yubin looked away. Her face was red. She chuckled. “This is weird”

“Hey”

                She looked up to him. Eunwoo suddenly decreased their gap and leaned in to her face. Yubin was speechless. And so did Hayoung and Seoyeon who was watching.

                Eunwoo smirked. “I knew it”

“What are you doing?” Yubin asked. He shook his head. “I don’t feel it”

“What do you mean?” “My heart beat just the same. Even seeing you as my bride right now. My heart just didn’t react the way a groom should to his bride” “Eunwoo” “Can we stop, Yubin?”

                Yubin was lost for word. Eunwoo looked away. This time she was sure he was serious. “I’m not taking away my friend’s bride”

                Yubin sighed. She threw her flower bouquet aside. “I thought we had finished talking about this matter. You agreed to help make my mom happy. So do it” she gave him a look before walked away.

                Seoyeon and Hayoung turned to Eunwoo. He snorted and ruffled his head out of frustration before left to change.