Chapter 38

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“Hey” Seoyeon who was recording her performance called Hayoung. “Is Yubin okay?”

“I know right” Hayoung replied. “Is it because she’s too into the song?”

“I told her the other day she shouldn’t play some sad parting song” “Or is it because of Jihoon?”

                Seoyeon gasped. The two continued to watch Yubin’s performance.

 

                The piano melody ended. Yubin stood again with the crowd clapping for her. She bowed and rushed out the stage without lifting her head.

“Yubin” Eunwoo who was waiting for her at the side called but she didn’t reply him and ran pass him. He watched her left. *What have you done to Yubin, Jihoon?* He went to the podium again.

                Yubin ran out the building and entered the garden. She sat beside the fountain. She couldn’t lift her head anymore. Tears started to stain the ground below her.

Yubin took out her phone and called Jihoon for the hundredth time. But as always he wouldn’t answer.

“Are you that busy to talk to me?” her eyes sadden and tried to call again. “Hello, Jihoon” she sent a voice mail. “Can you answer my call? How are you? I’m starting to get worry of you. Are you eating well? How’s your study? Do you have any friend? Did they treat you well? Answer me, Jihoon” she paused and swallowed the lump. “I miss you. A lot”

                Yubin ended the voice call.

“Yubin”

                She looked up to see Eunwoo approaching her. He took a sit beside her. He stole a glance at her. “You okay? Or you want some times alone?”

“Nah” she wiped her tears. “I’m fine. Don’t worry”

“How can I not worry with my friend?” he caressed her head. He pulled her into his embrace. “I know you had been missing Jihoon”

                She nodded and sobbed silently. “I shouldn’t have chosen to perform tonight. While playing just now, I only realise, besides you and Moonbin, he’s the one who listen to me playing since we were little”

“So that’s why” he chuckled. “Aigo, this girl is seriously missing her prince. There there”

                Eunwoo let go off her and wiped her tears with his handkerchief. “I’ll stay here with you until you’re ready to go inside again” “Thanks, Eunwoo” she smiled. He nodded with a smile.

*             *             *

                It was morning. Yubin took her bag and her eyes caught the calendar on her study table. “It had been years” That day was the day Jihoon left to study abroad few years ago. “Yet he never calls me” she snorted. “Whatever! I’m going to be late for class if I didn’t go now”

                Yubin ran down the stairs.

“You have class until evening?” Mrs. Bae who was watching the morning news glanced at her. “Nae” Yubin took her water bottle and went to her mother. “See you later” she hugged Mrs. Bae who leaned weakly at the couch. “If you need anything, call me okay?”

“Alright, dear” Mrs. Bae’s smile was faint. “If Moonbin call, tell him I ask him to send me fancy chocolate from the States” “Okay” Mrs. Bae chuckled at her daughter bullying her twin.

                Yubin waved at Mrs. Bae before closed the door behind her.

                Yubin walked to the bus stop. Minutes of waiting at the bus stop, the bus arrived. She boarded the bus. Another person sat beside her.

“Minho oppa” she called. “Good morning” Minho smiled at her. “You have class today?” “Nope. I just have to drop by school for a while. I took my day off today” “Is it hard? Doing intern?” “Well, nothing is easy in life, right?” Minho smirked.

“But I believe this future business man is going to be so big” she smirked. “Woah! I really appreciate you think of me like that”

                They arrived at the college.

“See you around” Minho waved. Yubin waved and watched him heading to the business department.

“Yubin-ah~” Seoyeon and Hayoung came to her. “Hey, girls”

                The three walked into the college.

“We should hang out this weekend” Hayoung suggested. “But I have many assignment” Seoyeon sighed. “I’ll let you know if I can make it”

“Really?” This time Hayoung sighed. “Being in different major like this really make us grew apart”

“That’s why all of us chose to study here together right?” Yubin slung her arm to Hayoung. Hayoung smirked.

“Good morning” Eunwoo approached them.

“Woah, look at this future lawyer” Seoyeon voiced. Eunwoo smiled sheepishly with the thick books in his grip. “You sure you’re in right major?” she asked. “Because I think you should major in art”

“Art?” “Yup” she pointed to his face. “That is art”

                Yubin and Hayoung laughed so loud.

“Yup, I couldn’t agree more with you” he laughed. “Anyway, Yubin” he turned to Yubin. “It’s tomorrow, right? The concert”

“Ah, right!” Hayoung turned to her. “You’re going to play”

“That’s why I’m pretty nervous today” Yubin replied.

“It’s a good thing that she played on our grad party. No one knows one of the VIP is actually the famous pianist” Seoyeon voiced. “You talking about my prof?” “Yup. Who else who pull you here into this college?”

                Yubin smirked.

“I’ll try to make it tomorrow” Eunwoo voiced. “Me too” Hayoung nodded. “Count me in” Seoyeon replied.

“You guys had been watching me play for years yet you still want to come. It’s okay if you can’t make it”

“No. Because we know you’ll be super nervous” Seoyeon voiced. “Yup” Hayoung nodded.

“Aish” Yubin pouted.