Chapter 41

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“You what?!” Hayoung’s eyes were widened to Yubin. They were eating at the college cafeteria. “I know I shouldn’t say that” Yubin pouted as she played with her food. “Yah!” Seoyeon slapped her hand that received pout from Yubin.

“How can you even say that?” Hayoung snorted and began to eat fast out of frustration. “You said it yourself” Seoyeon voiced. “You haven’t contact Jihoon for years. And unable to get him for years. And the other day you said you gave up on him”

“Argh! I give up on my life!” Yubin sighed.

“How can you get marry without your groom?” Hayoung rolled her eyes. “That darn Jihoon! He shouldn’t have leave you here. And cut the contact with you. I’m ought to strangle him when I saw him”

“Your parents. Can’t they get to Jihoon’s parents?” Seoyeon asked. Yubin nodded. “Appa contacted Jihoon’s parents and told them about omma’s condition. But they said Jihoon haven’t come visit them for a while too”

“Aish!” Hayoung sighed again. “Really frustrating that guy!”

“I know” Yubin continued to eat her meal. “I should call them”

“Who?” “Jihoon’s parents” “And?” “Tell them I want to marry Jihoon” “I really hope that happens fast. So I can see him and give him a hard beating”

“Why are you so angry this time?”

                The girls lifted their head. Moonbin casually sat beside Hayoung. They exchanged smiles.

“Yah, why are you here? What about omma?” Yubin asked. “Appa took half day so he’s at the hospital with omma” Moonbin digs into the food. “Woah this is superb!”

“Really? Here” Hayoung gave her mixed vegetable dish to him. He gave her a smile.

“Aish, these two” Seoyeon snickered. “Can you take your flirting somewhere else?”

“I must say you look fine here, Moonbin” Yubin voiced. “You mean?” he took another spoonful of rice. “Don’t you want to attend this college?”

                Hayoung squealed at Yubin’s idea. “Great idea!”

“Your girlfriend is here. Your beloved twin sister is here too. It’s the perfect place for you to be, don’t you think?” Yubin smirked. “Nah. Don’t want. I want to complete my study at the States there. I had paid for the semester already”

                Hayoung’s shoulder fell. Moonbin smirked and poked her cheeks. “Don’t worry. I’ll never forget to contact you”

                Both Seoyeon and Yubin rolled their eyes in annoyance.

*             *             *

A bang on the piano key echoed through the empty concert hall. Yubin lifted her head, heaving a sigh. Her eyes saddened. *What should I do now?* Her mind recalled her conversation with Mrs. Park few hours ago.

-Flashback-

“But Jihoon called last week” Mrs. Park informed. “Really? How’s he?” “You must have been really worried of him” “Nae” Yubin’s voice saddened.

“He’s fine. But he said he’s too busy”

*Too busy to not even answer my call?* Yubin swallowed the lump.

“Did he mention about me?” “Sorry dear. Jihoon only talked about him being busy and he couldn’t visit us for a while” “Ah, I see” “He asked me that time. If he can stay here forever”

*What?*

“Both me and his father know he really love it here”

                Yubin couldn’t reply.

“But then I asked him. About you” Mrs. Park continued. “But he avoided to answer. I’m so sorry, Yubin. My son must have hurt you”

“Ani, Aunty” Yubin swallowed the lump again. “But don’t worry. We’ll be back there for a while. To visit your omma. We’re really worried of your omma” “She’s stable now. But you know” Yubin sighed. “I think we need to prepare for the worse. All of us” “I know” Mrs. Park paused. She continued with a quivered voice. “I thought the same too. I hope I can be beside her when that time come. I hope everyone that she loves could be beside her till the end”

                Yubin smiled. “Thank you for loving my omma so much. She’s lucky to have friends like you and Uncle” “And she’s lucky to have loving family like you”

 

                They were silent for a while.

“But about Jihoon” Mrs. Park voiced. She sighed. “What will you do if he never wants to come back there?”

                Yubin could reply fast. “Maybe we should focus on our future. On our own”

“But you still love him” “Yes I am. But if he doesn’t love me, I can’t force him. I can’t make him stay here when he really loves it there” “Yubin, I promise I’ll persuade him to go there. And meet you again” “Aunty” she called. A stream of tears slid down her cheeks. “If he ever tells you he doesn’t love me, please be understanding of him. I love him so much that I don’t want him to do something he doesn’t like”

“But Yubin…” Mrs. Park couldn’t reply.

                Yubin quickly wiped her tears. Her heart tore to pieces at that alone. “Maybe we are not destined to be together”

                Mrs. Park sighed. “Alright. I’ll do that” “Thank you, Aunty”

-End of Flashback-

*My main focus right now is omma. I will do anything to make her wish come true. But how?*

 

“You really startled me, you know?”

                Yubin lifted her head. Eunwoo came to her with a smile and sat beside her. He tried to press the key randomly. A smile formed on her lips as she watched him. Yubin rested her head on the key, still watching him.

“Something bother you, I see” “How do you know?” “Do you have any other reason to bang the thing you like?” “Tsk. You know me too well, Eunwoo”

                Eunwoo continued to play random songs on the piano. Yubin’s eyes suddenly widened and she lifted her head. Eunwoo turned to his side only to meet her face close to his. He quickly backed away. “Yah, what are you doing?”

“Eunwoo, I just got an idea” “Idea for what?”

“Would you marry me, Eunwoo?” “What?!” “Come on, answer me” “Yah” he stood and stared at her in disbelieve. “Does this have anything to do with your omma”

“It has everything to do with her. It’s her wish. And I want to make it true” “But we’re just friends. For years. I can’t fall for you” “Being friend is enough for a marriage to happen” “Are you listening to yourself, Yubin?!”

                Yubin stood. “Please, Eunwoo. I want to make omma happy. I might have little time left. No one knows when she might leave us”

“But what about you? Are you happy?” “I don’t care about my happiness!”

 “But Jihoon…” “No!” she clenched a tight fist. “We should forget about him! Since he forgets about all of us here. He forgets me

                Eunwoo couldn’t reply as he watched she cried for the thousands times. He sighed and pulled her into his embrace. He caressed her head. “Okay I will marry you, Yubin. For the sake of your mother”