Chapter 17

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin dropped her suitcase onto the platform of the busy train station. She smiled at her parents and future parents-in-law. Jihoon was beside her.

"Be careful, you two" Mrs. Park advised. "We will, mom" Jihoon replied. "I'll take good care of Yubin"

"Thank you for going with her, Jihoon. Well, at least both of you can get closer" Mr. Bae voiced. "Here" she held out a paper bag with a food container in it to Yubin. Yubin peeked into the content of the paper bag. "What is this?"

"Something that you two can eat when you're on train" her mother answered. "Be careful. Jihoon, please take care of her" Mrs. Bae turned to Jihoon.

"Sure I will" Jihoon nodded with smiled.

The whistle indicated that the bus will move shortly could be heard.

"So we'll see you later" Jihoon looked at both parents. "Bye" Mrs. Park waved. Jihoon and Yubin bowed.

"Bye, Yubin" Moonbin hugged Yubin. “Send my regard to Grandma. Tell her I miss her and apologise for not able to pay visit. And take care of her, Yubin”

“Nae I will” she chuckled. She broke the hug and met eyes with Jihoon. He nodded to the train.

"We'll take our leave now" Jihoon took his bag and Yubin's bag. The two waved at their families.

"Let's go" Jihoon smiled at Yubin and she nodded. They stepped into the train and Jihoon took out their train tickets. He began to search for their seats.

"Here" he stopped at their seats. He glanced at Yubin. After put their bags, he took a seat beside the window and Yubin sat beside him. The train stared its long journey.

"So, how long will the journey take?" Jihoon asked. "Around 3 hours" she answered. Jihoon ran his view out of the window again. There was an awkward silent. He wore his headphone and his iPod. He listened to the hip hop songs in his iPod. Then, the song changed.

*Girls' Day-Cupid?? It had been a while since I listen to this song* Jihoon smirked. *Why is Yubin so quiet?* he glanced at her.

Yubin was already asleep while sitting. Her body toppled to the left then she woke up. She eventually slept back but again she toppled to the left as the train was moving. Her eyes blinked open but slowly her eyes began to close again. Jihoon smirked.

*This kid* he held her right shoulder with his left arm, drawing her closer to him. Yubin eyes fluttered open. "What are you doing?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You want to sleep right? Just sleep then. I promised your family that I'll take care of you" he explained. She stared at him. "Just sleep, okay?" he said.

Yubin stared at him but then fell asleep in his arm. Jihoon looked outside again. He suddenly felt something on his shoulder.

*What* he looked at her. Yubin head was on his left shoulder. She was in deep slumber. Jihoon stared at her but slowly a small smile formed on his lips.

*She's cute*

Jihoon looked outside again but slowly his eyes began to decrease the gap. *I'm so sleepy. Maybe because I played too much games last night* he turned off the music and yawned. Jihoon closed his eyes and leaned back. He fell asleep with his head at Yubin's head. 

 

 

*I slept?* Yubin slowly opened her eyes. *Jihoon* She paralyzed as she realized that Jihoon’s head was leaning against hers. His soft breathing could be heard.

*We are so close* Yubin gulped and stayed still. Jihoon groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He glanced at Yubin.

"Awake already? Why don’t you wake me up?" he let go off her shoulder. Jihoon looked at his watch. "It had been an hour already"

"Really? I thought we're almost there" Yubin voiced. She took out the food container her mother had given.

"I'm hungry" Jihoon looked at the food container as Yubin uncap it. "Let's eat then" she said. The food container was full of sandwiches. She held the food container to him. Jihoon took it and watched as Yubin took one.

"What are you looking at?" she asked and ate the sandwich. "Nothing" he ate his sandwich.

"So how your hometown is likes?" Jihoon asked. "To me, it's the best place I've ever been" she explained. "Well of course because my grandmother is there. And I grew up during summer there. I only visit Grandma every summer"

"Let me guess. First time gone there without your other family members?" he asked. "Yes" "I knew it. That's why your parents asked me to 'guard' you" "Guard? Yeah right. I can go by myself actually" "Well. You know how parents are. But you have to make sure I'm not bored there"

"Trust me. You'll never want to go back once you're at my Grandma's place. I miss my friends there"

For the rest of the journey, Yubin had read a novel and Jihoon looked outside the window. The train stopped at a station. Some of the passengers got off the train. Yubin glanced at her watch.

"We'll be there in about an hour" she said. Jihoon nodded in acknowledgement. New passenger aboard the train.

"Yubin noona?" a voice could be heard. A male teenager stood in front of Yubin. Jihoon looked at him. Yubin looked up and met eyes with the guy.

"Jibeom?!" Yubin called in surprise. Jibeom smile widened. "Noona! It had been a while" Jibeom greeted. "I know right. Where are you heading?" "To visit my aunt. It’s summer holiday"

"Noona" Jibeom eyes ran to Jihoon. Yubin followed his gaze. Jihoon exchanged looks with Jibeom. "Oh this is-" Yubin paused. "I'm Jihoon. Yubin's fiancé" Jihoon introduced himself.

"Fiancé? Yubin noona" Jibeom gave Yubin a look. "You never told me about this"

"I just found out about it too. If I knew it all along, I would have told you" she replied. Jibeom shook his head.

"Hello" Jibeom bowed to Jihoon. "My name is Kim Jibeom. It's nice to meet you"

"Hi, Jibeom" Jihoon nodded in acknowledgement.

"Sir, please be seated" the train conductor instructed Jibeom before he could reply Jihoon. "Oh sorry" Jibeom answered the train conductor.

"I'm going to my seat, okay? See you later" Jibeom said to Yubin. "Drop by at Grandma's later" she said. "Sure. I need to go to the hospital first" he waved and walked away.

Yubin leaned back. She noticed Jihoon's eyes at her.

"That's my childhood friend. He's 2 years younger than me" she explained. "So that is the 'friend' you said just now" Jihoon replied. "Yes. We're close. His aunt family lived near Grandma's house so Jibeom and I had spent time together every summer. He, too come to visit his aunt every summer"

 

The train halted slowly as it arrived at the next station. Jihoon and Yubin got off the train after got their bags. They stepped at the busy platform and headed out of the station.

"So how can we get to your Grandma's house?" Jihoon asked. "Well....we can ride a taxi there. But Jihoon" Yubin looked at him. "Can we go somewhere else first?"

Jihoon was about to complaint about Yubin's request, but seeing her serious and a little sadness hidden on her face, "Okay then" he answered.

"But we'll walk there. You don't mind, do you?" "No it's okay. I'll just follow you"

"Thank you, Jihoon"

Yubin lead the way and Jihoon followed beside her quietly. Both of them were silent. They walked down the not so busy road along houses and little stores.

"We're here" Yubin stopped. Both of them looked at the huge old gate before them. "Just don't say anything. I'll explain later" she stepped into the cemetery area.

*Why are we here? Oh well. I just have to follow her now. I'll ask her about this later* Jihoon followed behind Yubin. The two walked pass some graves and they stopped at an old grave.

Jihoon stared at the name of the grave. *Choi Jinri. I'll remember this name* he thought. Yubin squatted and ran her finger on the stone. Her eyes sadden. Her tears almost fall. Jihoon squatted beside her. He looked at the grave and Yubin's face after one another.

"You can cry if you want" he voiced with his eyes at the grave. With that, slow sniffles could be heard. Tears went down Yubin's cheeks. She ran his index finger through the name on the grave. Her tears rolled down more. It broke her heart to see the person's name on the grave. After a minute staying in that position, Yubin stood. Jihoon looked up.

"Let's go" Yubin wiped her tears. Jihoon nodded and stood. Yubin was about to walk away but she gave the grave one last look. She walked out the cemetery area with Jihoon beside her. They exited the huge gate area.

"Here" Jihoon held out a handkerchief to Yubin. Yubin eyes widened in shook. She stared at the handkerchief and his face after one another before took it and wiped her tears. "I'm sorry for crying in front of you" she returned the handkerchief.

"No. It's okay" he took it. "You must be close with that person"

"Close? I think that person was a part of me. Anyway, we're going on taxi to my Grandma's house" she replied and stopped at a taxi stop. They waited for a taxi at the taxi stop together.

"Jihoon, can I ask you something?" Yubin started the conversation. "What is it?" Jihoon stretched his exhausted leg.

"I notice your words towards me sound nice lately. You didn’t shout at me anymore" With her words, Jihoon looked at her. "I'm trying to be nice with you. Is that wrong?" "No. It. Just...weird" "I knew you’ll forget" "Forget?" "I promised if you help me make our parents happy, I'll never prank you. But I think you deserve to have a good senior as bonus. That's all" She was silent for a while. She opened to reply but Jihoon already stood to stop a taxi.

"Let's go" they entered the taxi and the taxi drove to the place they headed. After paying the taxi fee, they got off at a roadside.

"Now we have to walk a little bit. My Grandma's house isn't far from here" she looked at him. "Walk again?" he sighed. "Okay"

"I'm sorry, Jihoon. But I promise you'll like it here" she smiled and took a deep breath of the fresh air of the village area. "Let's go. This way" Yubin pointed to a corner and walked to it. Jihoon shook his head but followed her. After a 3 minutes walking, they arrived at an English style cottage with a wide spread green grass field around the cottage.

"We're here" Yubin smile wider. Jihoon's eyes caught something as they walked near the cottage.