Chapter 24

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

                Yubin walked down the stairs with a bottle of pill in her grip on a morning. She entered the kitchen.

“Good morning, Grandma” she greeted Grandma who was cooking. “Good morning, Yubin. Eating that again?” Grandma glanced at the pill bottle that was now on the table. “I don’t want to get sick easily” she walked back to the table with a glass of water. Yubin swallowed two pills and sealed the bottle again. “Here. Help me feed Zeus and Lyra” Grandma put a bucket of carrots. “Mr. Lim dropped by and sent this just now” “Mr. Lim?” Yubin picked up the bucket. “Yes. I rely on him to send food here for the horses every month” “Oh that’s so. I’m going to feed them now” Yubin walked out the cottage.

“Good morning, Grandma” Jihoon entered the kitchen. “Oh, Jihoon. You’re up early” Grandma glanced at him. “I can’t sleep well. Where’s Yubin?” “At the stable. I told her to feed Zeus and Lyra” “I’m joining her” before Jihoon walked out from the kitchen, he spotted a bottle pill on the table. He picked it up and read the label. “Grandma, are you sick?”

“Sick? No” “Then, who’s is this?” Jihoon showed the bottle of pill. “That’s Yubin’s” “She’s sick?” “No. If you want to know more, you should ask her yourself” “Okay” he putted the bottle back and about to walk away. “Jihoon” Grandma called. He turned to her. “I know Yubin is really hard to be honest. She likes to keep everything to herself. But be patient okay? She takes time to be open to someone” Jihoon paused and then nodded.

 

 

“Yubin!” Jihoon called from afar and entered the stable. Yubin stood. “You’re up early. I thought of waking you up later” she replied. “Come help me”

“Okay. On one condition” “What is it?” “Tell me” Jihoon face turned serious. “Why are you eating those pills? Are you sick?”

“Pills?” Yubin remembered that she forgot to keep those pills away. *Damn!* “I’m not sick. Don’t bother with the pills”

“Tell me, Yubin” Jihoon voiced. She sighed. “I easily got sick. With those pills, I can stay healthy. But if I didn’t eat it, I easily got sick. But if I got sick, it could take a long time for me to be healthy again”

“That’s all?” “Yes” “Okay. I’ll give a hand since you’re being honest with me” Jihoon smiled and helped Yubin.

 

 

 

“I’m so tired” Jihoon threw himself onto the sofa in the living room. Yubin sat beside him. “I have something to tell both of you. I have to go to the Jang’s family house. Mrs. Jang invited me there for lunch” Grandma announced. “Until when will you stay there?” Yubin asked. “I don’t know. Maybe until after dinner. I’m not sure. So I think you two should go eat outside” “Oh okay. When will you go there?” “I’m about to get ready” Grandma stood and walked up the stairs.

“Eat outside?” Jihoon asked Yubin. “Do you even know places here?”

“I had been here every summer. So I know” she answered. “You want to go on horse or walking?”

“Horse? No. I’m willing walking in the sun then riding horses” “Tsk. I know you can’t ride horses” “So? Teach me then” “Okay I will. Later. If I even have the heart to do so”

 

 

“Yubin, Jihoon" Grandma called as she sat in the living room. Jihoon, who was already seating beside her, turned to her. Yubin came to the living room from the kitchen.

"Here" Grandma placed an amount of money in Yubin's grip. "Grandma, what is this for?" "Listen here" Grandma looked at Jihoon and Yubin after one another with serious look. "This is an order. I want you two go and have fun together. Go anywhere you want as long as you're together, get it?"

"But Grandma, I can't accept this" Yubin held out the money back. "Why can't you? You're my granddaughter. So I can give you money. Just take it" Grandma pushed her hand. "What are you waiting for? Get ready now. I want to see you two walk out from this house before me" she pushed Yubin out from the living room. "Oh okay" dumbfounded, Yubin just walked out from the living room and entered her room.

Grandma sat back and let out a sigh. "As for you" she turned to Jihoon. "I order you to take care of Yubin. Always make sure she's safe"

"Aye aye, captain" Jihoon saluted and smiled. "Gosh, Jihoon. Being playful with me eh?" Grandma chuckled.

 

"What should I wear?" Yubin stared at her clothes in the closet. Her hands were on her waist while thinking. "Why am I being so confused with clothes? It's just eating out with Jihoon. No big deal" she went through her clothes and stopped at a blouse. She took the white blouse out and examined it. "Appa had bought this when he went to Japan for work" The blouse had laces at the end of each short sleeves and the bottom end of the blouse. Beautiful floral pattern was sewed with beads at the bottom end of the blouse. Her lips formed into a straight line, trying to decide. "Okay I'll wear this" she put the blouse on the bed. She took a black and red checked skirt from the drawer.

Minutes later, Jihoon stood.

"I'm going to get change" he told Grandma. "Okay" Jihoon walked up the stairs and stood in front of the room. He knocked the door.

"Can I come in?" he asked. "Sure" Yubin replied from inside the room. Jihoon entered the room and stared at Yubin who already changed clothes in awe. *She's beautiful*

She looked at him. "You know you give me the creep with that looks right? Do I look bad in this?"

"What? No. You look fine" Jihoon got out from his thought. "I'm getting ready too" he walked to his closet.

"Yubin" he called minutes later. She turned to him. "Which one do you think I should wear?" Jihoon was holding two hanged clothes on each hand. Yubin stood from the dressing table and turned to him. Her finger was on lips while thinking. Jihoon gulped. *Don’t do that! You make me go crazy!*

"That one" she pointed to the blue shirt that was at Jihoon's right. "This? Okay. Thank you" he took the shirt off the hanger. She turned back to the mirror to fix her hair.

"Damn it!" Jihoon suddenly swore. Yubin once again turned to him. He was looking at the shirt with furrowed eyebrows. "This" he showed the hole on his blue shirt. "I don’t know how that thing can get there"

"You want me to stitch that for you?" she took the clothes from him and stared at the big hole. "Nah. Never mind. I'll just wear this one" Jihoon picked up the white collar shirt on his bed. "Okay suit yourself then. But I'll stitch this up later when we're back" she put the blue shirt on her bed before going to the dresser back to apply some make up.

 

 

Jihoon combed his hair and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He smiled at himself who was wearing the white shirt with black pants.

"I'm done. I'm going down first" he told Yubin and walked to the door. "Oh okay" Yubin continued to apply makeup.

Jihoon sat at the living room. *Where's Grandma?* he looked around the empty living room and shrugged. *Probably in the kitchen or outside* He unlocked his phone and went through it. *Games?? Boring!* He pressed the gallery icon and looked at the pictures. He smiled as he looked a picture of his parents that was taken recently. *I wish they're fine* He looked at other pictures. He stared at a picture.

"When is this taken?" he furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of the picture. The picture was he sleeping under the tree and Yubin's hand on his head. His eyes focused on Yubin's image. *Did she really do that?* his face started to feel warmer.

"Jihoon" Grandma suddenly entered the living room. "Oh Grandma. Where were you?" he quickly kept his phone away. "I was knitting outside. You're ready early. I think Yubin got ready first" "You know girls" Jihoon chuckled with Grandma joining him. “Just wait for her" Grandma went to the stairs.

"I'm going to my room for a while" she informed. "Okay" he nodded. As Grandma arrived upstairs, Jihoon quickly took out his phone. He stared at the picture again. *It was when we build the swing. And at that time* he paused. "Grandma was holding my phone. Right! Maybe she took this picture" He nodded and kept his phone into his pocket.

Jihoon suddenly heard a set of footsteps down the stairs. Grandma walked downstairs and into the living room. *Oh! It's Grandma* he thought and leaned back.

"So how do you feel, Jihoon?" she asked as she sat on the rocking chair. "Feel?" he questioned. "Yes. You two are going on a date" "Date? We're just eating outside, Grandma" Jihoon chuckled but then his eyes caught a figure walked down the stairs. He didn’t blink nor make any sound.

"Sorry for making you wait" Yubin voiced to Grandma. "No. It's good that you're ready. "Mrs. Jang's son will pick me up in any sec"

*She's gorgeous* he thought.

"Jihoon" Grandma snapped Jihoon from his thought. "Yes?"

Grandma chuckled and pushed Jihoon and took Yubin hand. Grandma lead them to the front door. "Now go have fun. And don’t be home before 8. Or you'll two have to sleep outside together" she ordered. "Before 8?" he questioned. "Yes. Now go"

"Okay Grandma" Yubin smiled and hugged her. "Be careful, you two" Grandma advised as she let go off Yubin. "Sure. We'll be going now" Jihoon bowed with smile. Yubin and Jihoon started to walk. Grandma looked at them with smile.

"Where should we go?" Jihoon asked as they were waiting at the bus stop. "Let's eat first. I'm starving" she said. He nodded and tried to look away but his eyes can’t go away from staring at Yubin. *Damn! What's with you, Jihoon?!* He looked at the road and tried to ignore Yubin. Minutes later, the bus came. Jihoon followed Yubin into the crowded bus.

"Here" Yubin found an empty seat and beckoned Jihoon to seat beside her. He sat so close beside her that their shoulder touched.

"Sorry" a guy accidentally pushed Jihoon as he almost toppled when the bus move. Jihoon accidentally hit Yubin. "Sorry" he voiced. His face grew redder. Yubin looked outside to avoid his eyes.

Jihoon and Yubin got off a few stations later. They stopped at the town.

"Wow! This place is crowded" Jihoon voiced. "Of course. It's holiday right?" she walked passed him. "Yah, wait for me. I don’t want to get lost" he caught up to her. "So where do we eat?"

"Well, what do you feel like eating?" Yubin asked. "You should never ask me about food. Or I'll say I want to eat anything" he replied. *I feel like eating Chinese actually*

"Do you mind if we go eat Chinese food? It had been a while since I eat those" she told. *Did she just read my mind?* he thought and slowly nodded.

They entered a Chinese restaurant. Jihoon sat across Yubin.

Yubin smiled at the waitress as she took their order. She turned to Jihoon while propping her arm on the table.

"You told everyone about us right?" she asked. "Yea I did. How do you know?" he asked.

"Hayoung told me that he saw our picture in your instagram post " "You’re okay with it, right? Now everyone had known about us" "Better than letting Hana sunbae disturb you" "Wow! You actually care about me" "Nah. I just don’t want to hear you babbling about Hana sunbae. Anyway, which picture do you post?" "This one" he took out his phone and showed her the selca picture when they were studying at the park.

"You're lucky you upload that good picture or I'll kick you" "Kick me? You can't even run fast with those feet" "Yah! Watch your mouth!" she narrowed her eyes and Jihoon stuck out his tongue. "Like I’m scared with that" he jeered.

Yubin kick his feet. "Ah! That hurt!" Jihoon complained. She stuck out her tongue before looked away.

Their food came and they started to enjoy their lunch.

"Where are we going after this? Since Grandma said we shouldn’t be home before 8" Jihoon asked. "Hm" Yubin put her chopstick and looked at Jihoon. "I don’t know. Maybe just walking around. Wait! Why don’t we go to-"