Chapter 2

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

His eyes focused on a female student with short black hair who seems to be immersed in conversation with her other girl friends as they walked to their lockers. The black-haired girl, Yubin stopped in front of her locker and held the knob. Yubin opened the locker only to have water splashed to her face. Her other friends panicked at the situation. “You okay, Yubin?” one of her friends, Lee Seoyeon asked. “Yea” Yubin wiped the water from her face with her eyebrows pinched together in anger.

Jihoon clapped his hands ever so loud with laugh as he walked out from his hiding place. Yubin recognised his wicked laugh and turned to him. “Darn you, Park Jihoon!”

“That’s what you get for messing with me” Jihoon jeered Yubin as he walked to his locker not far from hers. “It’s amazing that my plan work! I’m such a genius!” Jihoon turned to his locker.

Yubin leaned against her locker with her arms crossed. She smirked. “Really? My plan is working too” she whispered to herself. Jihoon heard her but it was too late. He already opened his locker. And greeted with flour flew straight to his face. He blinked in disbelieve.

Yubin and her other girl friends had already burst into laughter. Yubin double over as she laughed so hard. “I can’t believe my plan actually works!”

“Bae Yubin!” Jihoon narrowed his eyes at her and his fist clenched. “Uh-oh” Yubin automatically ran away from there. “YAH!” Jihoon chased her. “Yubin” Seoyeon called. “Go home. I’ll head home later” Yubin replied before her figure disappeared behind the wall. Seoyeon chuckled and continued to tidy up her things. “These two are unstoppable”

Yubin ran up the staircase and saw Jihoon was behind her. “Damn it! Why is this guy run so fast!” Her steps led her to the empty hallway. She glanced back to see no sight of Jihoon. *Am I safe?*

Yubin suddenly fell onto the floor and landed on her tailbone with a thud. She winched in pain. A shadow fell over her.

“You okay, Yubin?” a male student held out his hand to her. “Eunwoo” Yubin smiled. She held his hand and he helped her to stand.

“Bae Yubin!” an echo could be heard.

“Jihoon is chasing you again?” Eunwoo asked. “Yup” her face was panic. Eunwoo looked around. “Come” Eunwoo pulled her to a lab nearby.

“Stay here” Eunwoo closed the door. He glanced at Yubin through the cut-glass of the door. She nodded and squatted to hide herself behind the door.

Eunwoo casually leaned against the door while reading a book in his grip in attempt to cover the cut-glass. Jihoon ran passed him but later came to him again.

“Do you by any chance see Yubin around?” “Yubin?” Eunwoo closed the book and looked at him. “No. I didn’t see her today”

“Alright then. See ya” Jihoon was about to run again but Eunwoo called him again. Eunwoo pointed to Jihoon’s already white face. “Better wipe that before anyone think you are a ghost” Eunwoo held back his laughter. Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Yea thanks for that helpful advice” he continued to run and left him. Eunwoo watched Jihoon until his figure disappeared. “We’re safe!”

Eunwoo opened the door and Yubin stood straight.

“You two had been pranking each other for years” Eunwoo said. “Can’t you just stop?”

“He started it. And I don’t want to lose to him” Yubin pouted. Eunwoo sighed with a smile. His hand slid into his pocket.

Yubin’s eyes slightly agape as he helped wiped her wet face with his handkerchief. She smiled. “I’m so lucky to have a friend who take care of me”

“I know. I did a good job taking care of you all these years, right?” Eunwoo smiled sheepishly. He ruffled her head. “Hurry go home. Before Jihoon get you again”

“Alright. Thank you, Eunwoo. See you tomorrow” Yubin waved and she left him.

 

Minutes after waiting for bus, Yubin boarded the bus home. She sat beside the window. She heaved a sigh. “Man, running away from Jihoon really cost a lot of energy. And now I’m so hungry” she pouted and took out her purse to take a look at its content. And it was empty (typical student problem). “Really?!” she whined. “I’ll just have to head home fast and eat at home”

 

Her finger traced the lock pendant she had hung to her purse.

*Just who have the other key pendant. That’s the only clue I have to find my fiancé* she sighed. *Why am I even engaged at such a young age? It’s kind of disturbing to be curious about my fiancé’s identity every day. Can’t omma appa just let me know? Why are they even protecting his identity? It’s their friends’ child. We could meet earlier. At least I have some time to know his personality* Yubin kept her purse inside her bag again. Her eyes landed on the letter she received the early morning. The envelope was light blue with CLOUD badge watermark on it. *Though no one knows about the engagement, I received these every day* she took the letter out. Her finger ran on the envelope. *It had been years. I wonder who is this person who send me these? Maybe I should ask us to meet and tell him that I’m engaged so he wouldn’t have any hope in me* she nodded. “Yea I should do that”