Chapter 22

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Jihoon opened his eyes slowly.

*It's morning already?* He sat up and looked at the already empty Yubin's bed. *She's always wake up early* He rubbed his eyes.

Jihoon touched his bandaged leg and sighed. *When will this thing heal?*

*Well, it's okay. As long as Yubin is alright* Slowly he stood and headed to the toilet.

"Jihoon, wake up" Yubin opened the door room with a food tray in her hand. She brought Jihoon's breakfast upstairs as he can't walk like always.

"Yah!" Yubin eyes widened as she saw Jihoon got out from the toilet. She quickly set the tray on a table and went to Jihoon. "You shouldn’t walk all you want alone. What if you fall?"

"I'm fine" Jihoon tried to walk to his bed. "Slowly" "Yes I know" he answered her. Jihoon almost topple but he managed to hold Yubin on her waist. She gulped.

"Look! I told you to let me help. You had been like this since last night" she reprimanded. "Okay fine. Help me, Yubin. Now stop nagging" She snorted and held his arm. Slowly she guided him to his bed.

"You bring my breakfast here?" he asked as she set the tray beside him. "Yes. How can you walk down with that leg of yours? Eat up. I'll eat downstairs later" "Okay. Anyway, thanks" She nodded in reply and Jihoon began to eat.

He looked at her again and paused. He nodded. 

"So you'll keep doing this until I heal?" he asked. "Do what?" "This. Bringing my breakfast here" "Of course. Unless you want to walk downstairs" "Nah never mind. I'll just stay here. And I'm sorry for troubling you" "It's okay. Besides, you saved me from falling remember? Thank you, Jihoon"

Once again Jihoon looked at her who avoided his gaze. A small smile formed on his lips. "You're welcome" he continued to eat. "You should go eat with Grandma"

"No. Grandma orders me to stay with you until you finish your food" "Order? Seriously?" She nodded. "So I'll wait for you" 

 

 

 

Yubin sat in the living room after breakfast. Grandma was knitting beside her.

"Why are you here?" Grandma asked. Yubin was confused. "Go upstairs and stay with Jihoon. In case if he needs a hand"

"Oh. I'll go later after I feed Zeus and Lyra. You worry too much about Jihoon, Grandma. He's fine" "I know. It just that you need to be beside him, Yubin"

 

 

 

Yubin climbed the stairs to her room after fed the horses at the stable. She entered the room to see Jihoon was playing games in his phone. Yubin sat on her bed and leaned against the wall while reading a book. Jihoon's phone suddenly rang. His eyebrows pinched together in anger. He let his phone rang.

"Answer it" she voiced. He shook his head. *Oh it must be Hana sunbae* she thought. His phone rang for a few more times until it completely silent. Yubin looked at Jihoon. His hand was holding his phone battery. He looked at her.

"Make sure you don’t turn off your phone. I'm scare if my parents couldn’t get me" he put his phone aside with the battery beside it. "Why don’t you just discuss nicely with Hana sunbae?" Yubin asked. "I had. But she never understands me. I don’t know why a clever science student like her can't even get the meaning of 'we're over'. It's so hard for her to accept that I don’t want her anymore. I swear. If she ever disturbs me again, I'm telling her that we're engaged" he stated. "No! You're not telling anyone about us" "But Yubin, I can't take this any longer. Hana disturb me enough" Yubin sighed and slowly she nodded. 

 

"I'm sorry. And thank you for being understanding, Yubin" Jihoon voiced. "I just don’t want you to feel uncomfortable. That's all" Yubin continued to read.

"But why don’t you want everyone to know about us?" he suddenly asked. "I mean about our engagement?"

Yubin put her book aside.

"I don’t know. Maybe I just don’t want everyone to freak out because we had been pranking each other for years" "That's all? Seriously? That's the only reason why you don’t want anyone to know about us?" "Yes I guess" "Look. We can keep this secret for a long time" "Yes I know" "And I'll finish my high school year" "So you want everyone at school know about us?"

Jihoon scratched the back of his neck and slowly nodded. Yubin heaved a sigh.

"Okay then. Do as you please. I know one day everyone will know about us" "Besides, I want to stop people from gossiping me with Hana anymore. Maybe you didn’t hear about it but my classmates had said I go out with Hana just to gain popularity" "What?" "But you know it's nonsense right?" Slowly Yubin nodded. "I can’t say much"

*             *             *

"Hey" Jihoon greeted. "You should let me help you" she replied. "I can walk now. It had been days since the accident. Why are you worrying so much about me?" Yubin looked away. "Can't I worry about my friend?" she quickly left the room. Jihoon chuckled and couldn't stop from smiling. 

"Grandma" she entered the living room and greeted Grandma. "Hi, dear. Come watch this movie with me" Grandma patted on an empty seat on the sofa beside her. Yubin joined Grandma to watch the old movie.

Jihoon sat on his bed with his gaze went out the window, enjoying the scenery.

"Hello! Anybody home?" suddenly a voice greeted the family from outside the house. Jihoon got back to reality.

"Let me see who is it" Yubin stood and went to the wide open front door. At the sight of the person, she smiled widely.

"Jibeom!" she called and ran to him who was standing at the front stairs. "Noona!" Jibeom spread out his arm and she ran into his arm.

Jihoon was watching them from the window of the room. His eyes narrowed. “She really loves making me jealous”

"Why are you here?" Yubin let him go. "I'm just paying you a visit" Jibeom answered with smile. "Jibeom-ah" Grandma called from the door frame. "Grandma" Jibeom waved and approached her. He bowed. "It had been a while since I met you. I miss you" Grandma pulled him into her embrace. "I miss you too" he replied with smile.

"How are you?" Grandma asked as she and Jibeom sat in the living room. Yubin had gone to the kitchen. "I'm fine. What about you, Grandma?" Jibeom asked. "I'm fine" "Did Grandpa still visit you?" "Aigo this kid. Of course he visits. Which husband doesn’t love his wife in this world?" Jibeom chuckled. Jihoon got down from the stairs. At the sight of him, Yubin who was about to serve the tea to Jibeom quickly put the tray on the table.

Yubin ran to Jihoon and grabbed his arm. "Slowly" she told and led him to the sofa beside Grandma.

"Jihoon right?" Jibeom asked. "Yes. We met in the train the other day" Jihoon replied.

"You two are lucky" Jibeom looked at Jihoon and Yubin after one another. Jihoon and Yubin exchanged gaze. "I mean you two have each other. I'm all alone here"

"Tsk, Jibeom. I know you had a girlfriend" Grandma sipped her tea. "What?!" Yubin almost shout. She sat on the sofa. Jibeom chuckled.

"How do you know, Grandma?" he asked. "Your aunt dropped by recently. She said you may not visit because you have a girlfriend already" "Aunt just can’t keep it secret. I want to surprise you" Jibeom shook his head.

"Seriously Jibeom?!! You never tell me" Yubin poked him. "I am about to tell you. But never mind" he sipped his tea.

"Anyway, Jibeom" Grandma took his attention. "How's your sister?"

At her words, Jibeom put his cup down and faced the ground with his hand clasped together. "Looks like nothing change. She's just the same. No sign of healing" he heaved a sigh. Yubin bit her lips and massaged his shoulder to comfort him.

"What happen?" Jihoon interfered. "Jibeom had a little sister. Her name is Yoomi. Yoomi was admitted to hospital for almost two years after a car accident. She-" Yubin glanced at Jibeom who was still facing the ground. "She had a problem here" Yubin pointed to her head. Jihoon's eyes widened.

"I don’t know if Yoomi can be normal again or not. But I hope I can be with Yoomi I used to know" Jibeom tried to hide his tears. Grandma patted his back. "But even if she's different now, Yoomi is still your dongsaeng" she advised. "Hang in there, Jibeom"

He wiped his tears before facing everyone again with a smile. "You should come and see her. She must be missing all of you"

"Sure. We'll go tomorrow" Grandma nodded. Jibeom nodded with smile.

 

 

"Wow! Swing!" Jibeom ran up the hill, leaving Jihoon and Yubin walking up the small hill. Jibeom got on the swing.

"When did you build this?" he asked Jihoon as he stood beside him. "Recently" Jihoon suddenly helped to push the swing with a small smile. Yubin's eyes widened at his action.

"You startled me" Jibeom chuckled but held onto the rope. "Errr....what should I call you?"

"Hyung" Jihoon replied. "You can call me hyung" he nodded.

"Okay, hyung. How can you and Yubin noona meet?" "We went to the same school since kindergarten but I'm a year older than her. And I like to prank her" "Yah! Do you have to tell him that part?!" Yubin interrupted. "Yes. He should know" Jihoon shrugged. "Then we knew about each other early summer when our families tell us" he continued to tell Jibeom.

"Ah, hyung. Stop" Jibeom asked and he hoped off the swing. "Yubin noona, you should sit here" he patted on the hanging seat. "Me?" Yubin pointed to herself and Jibeom nodded. Yubin did as he asked.

"You two should spend more time together" Jibeom voiced. "Hyung, help her" he nodded to Yubin.

"Me?" Jihoon pointed to himself. "Yes" Jihoon slowly pushed her. There was a moment of silent as Yubin sat on the swinging swing. The breeze brushed against her hair. A small smile suddenly appeared on her lips. Jibeom cleared his throat.

"I miss Moonbin hyung. Why don’t he come along?" "He had been busy with assignment and projects that he can’t make it here. Maybe he'll visit later" she answered. "What about you hyung?" Jibeom turned to Jihoon. "What about your family? Do you have any hyung or noona or dongsaeng?" "No. I have my mom and dad. That's all" Jihoon answered. "For real?! Aren't you bored being the sole child?" "Well, sometimes but I always spent time with my parents" "I can be your dongsaeng" Jibeom smiled widely. "Yubin noona is like my elder sister"

Jihoon narrowed his eyes while thinking. He bit his lips and slowly nodded with smile. "Sure, dongsaeng" "Yeah!" Jibeom held out his fist. Jihoon punched his fist.

"Hey, I got an idea" Jibeom voiced suddenly as they were silent. Jihoon and Yubin turned to him, waiting for him to continue his words.

"I miss playing this. Why don’t we play-"

 

 

"Ready or not? Here I come!" Yubin stepped away from the tree after she closed her eyes and count to ten. Jibeom who was hiding behind the well held his laughter. Jihoon stay silent behind the stable. *I can't believe I'm playing this. Well, it had been a while since I play this myself* he thought with a smile.

*Yubin noona will never find me here* Jibeom covered his mouth with his hand as he laughed. Suddenly, he heard footsteps approaching him. *Don’t tell me* he looked up and met eyes with Yubin who was grinning at him.

"Found you!" she exclaimed. "What the!" Jibeom stood. "Hahaha now come with me" she held his hand and dragged him away to look for Jihoon. "You think you're still small to hide at that small place?" she laughed. "Okay. I'll find a better place next time" Jibeom replied.

"Where is Jihoon?" she playfully called as they approached the stable. "Noona, inside there" Jibeom pointed to the stable. She nodded and they entered the empty stable. "He's not here" she walked out and tip toed to the back of the stable.

"Found you!" Yubin shouted and surprised Jihoon who was facing the other side. Jihoon jolted at her shout and he held onto his chest. Jibeom and Yubin broke into laughter. "Your face is ugly" Yubin jeered. "Yah you two!" Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay okay. Sorry. Let's play again" Yubin replied. "Who's next?"

"Rock paper scissor" Jibeom announced. After three rows of playing, Jihoon shouted. "Ah! Not me!"

"What to do? It's you" Yubin stuck out her tongue. Jihoon snorted and made his way to the tree. Yubin and Jibeom quickly hide.

 

 

"10! Here I come!" Jihoon shouted and began to look for Yubin and Jibeom. He walked to the well. *Those two are good at this game*

*It's Jihoon!* Yubin who was hiding behind the garage peeked. She quickly backed and hid behind the wall but she hit an old empty tank behind her and made a loud sound. She gulped. Jihoon narrowed his eyes and went to the back of the garage.

"Haha! Got you!" Jihoon smirked. Yubin stuck out her tongue. "Okay. Congratulation on finding me" she rolled her eyes. "Thanks. Let's go find Jibeom" Jihoon grabbed her hand. She followed him.

"Where is this kid?" Jihoon complained after two minutes of searching for Jibeom. He stopped to catch his breath and she stopped. Her eyes went down to his hand on her wrist. Her face turned red.

"My wrist hurt" she took his hand off her. This time, she entwined his hand with hers. "That's better" she looked away. Jihoon chuckled and smiled at her but she didn’t look at him. They continued to look for Jibeom.

"Yah Jibeom" Jihoon called him as he saw him tip toed to the cottage wall. "Awww" Jibeom sighed as he was caught. "No wonder it's hard for me to find you. You had been changing your hiding place" Jihoon took his hand. Jibeom smiled sheepishly.

 

 

"Tag! You're it!" Jibeom touched Jihoon on his shoulder as he got to catch him. "Okay" Jihoon replied with a broad smile. Jibeom quickly ran away. "Don’t run!" Jihoon tried to run for Jibeom since he can’t see Yubin anywhere. 

"Ah! Damn!" Yubin suddenly stood after she squatted behind the tree. "I can see you, Yubin!" Jihoon shouted and changed his direction to Yubin. "This is crazy!" she ran away. "You're not getting away!" Jihoon got nearer to her.

"Hiya!" Jihoon hugged her tightly from behind to catch her while laughing in joy. She was laughing too and stopped running. They suddenly silent as they realize their position.

"Aww! So sweet!" Jibeom shouted from a distance. Jihoon let go off her. They exchanged looks and evil smirk. "Jibeom-ah!" Yubin and Jihoon chased Jibeom. Jibeom ran up the hill but before he reached the tree, the two had caught him and made all of them toppled onto the grass. They laughed.

"Get off me!" Jihoon voiced between his laughter as Jibeom and Yubin toppled onto him. "Sorry" Jibeom lay on his right. Yubin got off him and stood.

"Come on, noona. Let's rest. I'm tired" Jibeom tried to catch his breath. Yubin shrugged and lay on the grass on Jihoon's left. They exchanged smiles and continued to laugh.

"That was fun!" Jibeom punched the air. "I'm being a kid again"

"Looks like all of us had" Jihoon voiced as he stared at the blue sky. Yubin nodded and stared at the sky. Jibeom took out his phone.

"Hyung" Jibeom called and took a selca with Jihoon. Jihoon had made peace sign with his hand. "Noona, come here. I can't take your picture" Jibeom called. "Nah. I don’t want to take picture" she replied. "Noona, come then" "Okay then" she moved nearer to Jihoon until their shoulder touched. Jihoon's heart skipped a beat.

"Ready? 1,2" Jibeom took a picture of them together. They looked at the pictures he captured and laughed at their funny faces.