Chapter 1

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

The school hallway started to pack with students as the last bell for the day rang. But not for most classes that started to fill with quietness. The male student with bright hair lifted his head to the window on his left. His eyes squinted at the intense late afternoon sunlight pierced his eyes. “I should get going” he pulled his earphone off his ears and glanced around the now empty class. “Woah my classmates all eager to go back” he chuckled as he slung his bag to his shoulder. On his shoulder was a blue badge for an organisation.

“Ah! Right I almost forgot” he bent down and took out some envelopes that was neatly sealed under his desk. “I need to deliver these before I go home today”

“Let’s see” his eyes read the receiver’s names printed on the bright coloured envelopes as he headed out the classroom. He walked into a few other classes and slid the envelopes under a few desks. He walked into the hallway again and sighed a relieved sigh. *I’m done for today. Well, being a CLOUD member isn’t that hard at all. At least that’s what I thought so far*

He saw another male student slid an envelope into one of the lockers nearby. He also had the same blue badge as him.

“Hey, Jihoon” the male called. Jihoon waved as reply before both parted away. Jihoon smiled. *Maybe because it’s only been a month since I received that weird blue envelope and I had to go to a meeting at the school rooftop*

-Flashback (a month ago)-

Jihoon pushed open the door to the rooftop. A light blue envelope was in his grip. It already crushed under the pressure of his hands. He lifted his chin to see a few other students gathered at the rooftop on the late evening. Jihoon joined the group of people with their eyes on him.

“Park Jihoon-ssi?” a male opposite him called Jihoon. Jihoon met his eyes. He lifted the envelope. “So you guys put this in my locker? Tell me, what’s all of this about? You want me to join CLOUD? Really?” he smirked.

“Yes, Jihoon-ssi” the male stepped towards him. “We are all gathered here to appoint your officially into our organization. I’m the President, No Minwoo” the lean male reached out his hand. Jihoon stared his hand for a while then to his face. Jihoon smirked and shook his hand. “Nice to meet you again. It had been a while since we talked to each other. But I have some questions, you know” he let go off his hand and lifted the envelope once again. “I’m still considering your offer”

A chuckled escaped Minwoo’s lips. “Offer? There must be a misunderstanding”

“Yes. I don’t agree to join this organization what so ever. Why should my school life tied down to an organization that help send letter to people?” “Jihoon-ssi” Minwoo once again approached him. This time his hand grabbed the envelope from his grip. “This piece of letter could mean nothing to you. But to someone else, it’s their life”

“Exaggerating too much” “Imagine someone who is too shy, introvert, have a crush on someone hot and famous at school. And because of that person’s shy image, that person couldn’t confess openly, afraid of the criticism they’ll receive. Isn’t it nice to help these kind of people? And” he took Jihoon’s hand and put the letter in his grip again. “When the receiver received the letter, that person will know that someone likes them. Wouldn’t that just make someone day better?”

“Tsk” Jihoon smirked. “I wonder how many dramas you had watched that you willing to stay in this organization”

“Our organization is special. It’s not created based on those dramas people had watched on tele. But it’s based on our experience. You see, CLOUD had been in this school for years and no other school have it. Of course some people especially teachers try to end this organization. Some people have the same mentality as yours. Questioning the existence of CLOUD and our function in the school system. But CLOUD is more than just an organization. It’s a tradition that can’t be forgotten. CLOUD helps play role in the students’ psychological growth and aid their emotional problem. Because our previous members know that school is hard. You have many things come to you on the same time. Assignments, teachers, friends who broke one’s trust…all sorts of problem. Including the youth love problem. So why not helping ease someone’s problem even just a bit?” Minwoo gave him a small smile.

Jihoon didn’t utter a word. His mind was busy thinking. That’s the most thinking he had done for the day. Or did he even think? His mind went back to the incident happened years ago. “Why me? Why are you offering me this job?”

With that, Minwoo turned to him again. “Once again, it’s not an offer. All of us had been watching you. And you’re the suitable candidate for the job” “From what aspects do you judge me?” “Of course not grades. Well, because you have never involve in any dating rumours and always loiter around until late at school” Minwoo shrugged. “That’s all”

“Never been in any dating rumour” Jihoon chuckled. “I’m sorry I’m not ‘that’ famous to get caught in dating rumour. But it seems that you guys see that as one of my charm. That kind of hurt”

“Well, if it doesn’t really disturb my nap time during recess, and doesn’t cost lots of energy” Jihoon smirked. “I’m up for it”

Minwoo smiled and clapped his hands. The other members followed with their applause. Minwoo placed a badge in his grip. Jihoon gave him a puzzled look. Minwoo leaned to the side. The identical badge was on his right shoulder of his uniform. “People will know you are part of CLOUD. So they’ll send their letters to you and it’s your responsibility to send them correctly to the receiver. Even it means to risk your life”

“A few letters won’t hurt me” “I must have forgotten to tell you. Well, not just letters. Some people might just want to send gifts” “So I have to handle that too?” “Yup. That might need you to spend some energy on it” Minwoo chuckled. “Sorry for not telling about that ‘cost of energy’ part earlier”

“And while sending the letters, problems might happen” “Problem?” Jihoon tilted his head. “Yup. Like Chanwoo” Minwoo jerked his head to a male students stood not far for him. Chanwoo nodded with a smile. “He had been trashed once for sending letters to someone. Well, it’s actually just a misunderstanding” Minwoo chuckled.

“Thrash?!” “Yea” Chanwoo replied. “They thought I’m the person who send those letters. But I managed to safe myself”

“You sure this job is safe?” Jihoon turned to Minwoo again. “I know you’ll manage” Minwoo patted him on his shoulder.

“For these couple of weeks, we’ll keep an eye on you. Ask us anything if you are curious about CLOUD” Minwoo spread his arms out to other members. “All of us will help you, newbie”

“If you do well, I’ll give some special task to you” “Does it risk my life?” “Depend” “What…” “This is the main task of each CLOUD members. I’ll appoint the request to you myself if I think you’re suitable for the request” “Just what request is this?” “Help make new couple” “How am I supposed to-?”

Minwoo already shrugged. “It’s your job. That why I said, it depends on the situation of your clients. All I know is the result whether you succeeded to help make new couple or not. If you failed, explain to me the situation. Get it, Jihoon?”

Jihoon mustered a smirk. “Let’s just hope I can do this job properly”

“I know you can” Minwoo smiled.

“Well” Jihoon’s eyes ran to the people faces there. He bowed. “It’s nice meeting you. I’m Park Jihoon, the new member of CLOUD. Please take good care of me”

He received another applause.

“I’ll take my leave then” Jihoon started to walk towards the door. “Jihoon, don’t you want to celebrate with us?” Minwoo was surprised with his action. “No I’m okay. Go celebrate without me. I’ll start my work tomorrow” Jihoon waved without turning to them. Minwoo smirked and watched him opened the door.

“There is one more you need to know about CLOUD” his words made Jihoon halted his steps. “Though our organization helps the love birds out there, ironically, we are not allowed to be in any romantic relationship as long as you are a member. Get it?”

Jihoon eyes widened a tad but he controlled not to show he was shocked. “Nae nae. See you guys later” Jihoon walked out the door with Minwoo watching him.

-End of flashback-

 

*Tsk! ‘Catch Love U Dream’ but the members can’t catch their own love* Jihoon smirked. He sighed. *I might be busy with school and CLOUD. But I have one method to enjoy this senior year of mine* he peeked from behind a wall with a mischievous grin on his lips. “Good luck protect yourself this time, Bae Yubin”