Chapter 10

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“I wonder what’s taking Yubin so long” Hayoung glanced to her watch. “I know right” Seoyeon replied. She took out her phone. “She hasn’t been picking up her phone”

The café’s door was opened. Hayoung, Seoyeon, Minho and Moonbin looked up to Yubin who sank into empty seat at their table. She was panting so hard.

“What taking you so long?” Moonbin asked. Yubin lifted her palm to him as signal for him to give her time to catch her breath. They all waited for Yubin to talk.

“I’m so sorry you guys. Something happened just now” “What is it?” Minho asked. Yubin gave them a short sketch of the chasing incident.

They gasped.

“How can those two meet you again?!” Minho snorted. “They really have a death wish”

“Again?” Moonbin asked as he turned to Minho and Yubin one after another. “Is there something that I miss here?”

Yubin and Minho met eyes and gulped at the same time.

“Actually” Yubin voiced. “You know my injured foot. That night when Minho oppa helped sent me home, it was actually that time that I was chased by Sang and Ungjae. I injured myself while running away from them”

“What?” Moonbin sighed. “Yah” he turned to her. “Why are you making up story?”

“Sorry, Moonbin. I don’t want you to tell omma and appa” she couldn’t lift her head. “That’s why I lied”

“I’m sorry for not telling you the truth” Minho said. “It’s my fault”

“No, Minho oppa. I’m the one who told you not to tell Moonbin anything” she replied.

Moonbin sighed that made both of them silent. He lifted his head to them. “To be honest, I’m really upset with both of you. Hyung, I believe in you. And you, Yubin. I thought you believe me as a brother and will be comfortable with me” Both Minho and Yubin couldn’t reply. “But” Moonbin continued. “I won’t resent. I understand your situation. I won’t tell omma appa unless the situation forced me to”

“So we’re cool?” Minho peeked on Moonbin, to check on his facial expression. Moonbin smirked and held out his hand. The guys high-fived each other. Moonbin met Yubin’s eyes and they exchanged smiles.

“I think I understand why Minho didn’t tell Moonbin” Seoyeon took their attention. “You don’t want him to do anything stupid to them at school, is it?”

“Woah” Minho smiled and clapped. “Seoyeon-ssi, you’re so understanding! That’s so true”

His compliment made Seoyeon smiled shyly.

“Like I can do anything to them” Moonbin sipped on the fruit juice he ordered. “I know you can. It just that you don’t want to stain your record” “Yup. You’re right. But now that you said it, maybe I should do something to them, without physical violence” Moonbin smirked.

“Yah, what are you planning to do?” Yubin called.

“I’ll come up with something”

“If you want to prank him, you can ask Yubin” Hayoung glanced at Yubin. “She had been pranking Jihoon since forever”

“Prank sounds fun too” Moonbin nodded. “Alright. Let’s start with that. Yubin, you need to tell me how to do that”

“You kiddin” Yubin sighed. “Alright. But make sure not to get caught”

“Don’t worry. I’ll help him” Minho voiced.

“Anyway, Yubin” Seoyeon called. “I really can’t believe what Jihoon did to you just now. He helped you? You must be lying”

“You think it’s unbelievable too, right?” Hayoung high-fived her. “Don’t worry I have a hard time believing it too” Yubin smirked. Her eyes landed on the food her friends had ordered. “I should go order my meal”

“Let me go with you” Seoyeon stood. Yubin and Seoyeon walked towards the counter.

“I need to use the toilet” Minho told Moonbin and stood. “Hyung” Moonbin whispered. Minho smirked and left Hayoung and Moonbin alone.

“Perfect, Minho-ssi” Seoyeon voiced to herself. Yubin followed her gaze and chuckled. “Woah, you two had been planning to left them alone?”

“Nope. But it seems that Minho really used this golden opportunity. You know, Moonbin really looks like he wants to say something to Hayoung. But he’s trying to find the right time”

“Moonbin must be really nervous right now” Yubin chuckled. “I’ll ask him about this later at home”

“I wonder if he can confess to her” “Yea me too. He’s an absolute coward. But I really hope both of them will be together”

“Talk about that” Seoyeon leaned against the counter. “You’re meeting your fiancé next weekend, right?”

Yubin looked down to her purse in her grip. Her eyes landed on the pendant. “I’m scared though”

“What? Girl, you should be excited!” “Yea. Maybe excited. A bit”

Seoyeon sighed. “Why are you scared? Are you afraid that he’s not the one for you?”

“Part of it. But what I’m most scared right now is his character. What if he behaves so different from me? What if I can’t accept him?” “Yubin-ah, all of us are different. Each one of us. Look” Seoyeon took her hand. Yubin stared down to her hand. “Even each of your finger is different. But how can our hand work perfectly? Because they have their own individual role and harmonise their role with each other”

“In any relationship, even our friendship, we accept each other flaw, each other differences. That’s what make a relationship more meaningful. Understanding” Seoyeon gave her a smile.

*Understanding* Yubin smiled. *Yea, I should calm down a bit*

 

“So it’s either Eunwoo or Minwoo sunbae, right?” Seoyeon asked. “I think so. Because those two are my parent friends’ children” “Imagine if it’s Eunwoo. How will Hayoung react?” Seoyeon giggled. “Yah, Seoyeon! You’re making me awry” Yubin gave her a light punch. Her eyes went to Moonbin and Hayoung who was left alone at the table. Hayoung seems to be laughing at Moonbin’s words.

*I hope everything will turn out well for both of them*

* * *

Yubin’s finger danced on the piano keys, creating a melody. She played a song on the upright piano in her room. There was a knock on the door that made her glanced to it. Moonbin poked his head into the room. They exchanged smiles. He came into the room and approached her. Moonbin watched her play for a few moments before sat beside her. He shut his eyes and enjoyed the beautiful melody.

“Woah!” he clapped his hands for her and Yubin bowed proudly. “That’s amazing! I really can’t figure out how you can focus on both hands while playing this” Moonbin tried to press some keys of the piano. “Practise” she replied. “Anyway, you looking for me?”

“Yea” he turned to her. “How are you feeling? It’s tomorrow”

Yubin placed her hand on her chest. Her heart beat fast.

“I’m super nervous! What to do?! How should I act?! I’m really scared if I do something that embarrass myself!” “Just be yourself. You said it’s either Eunwoo or Minwoo hyung, right? They’re your friend so no need to worry that much” “But still” she exhaled.

“Are you okay with it?” he ran his finger on the piano. “Marrying to someone you don’t love?”

Yubin couldn’t answer him. She took her time to answer. “Because I just want omma and appa happy. I mean, they must be values their friendship with their friends that they made us engaged. To me, their friendship comes first. That way, omma and appa will be happy”

“But will you be happy?”

She slowly lifted her head to him. “Are you happy, Yubin?” Moonbin asked again. She looked away and sighed. She mustered a smile. “I wish I can be happy once my fiancé and I get to know each other”

Moonbin didn’t reply to her. He looked away. His eyes landed on the blue envelope on the piano. “You had been receiving these”

She followed his gaze. “Yup. But lately, no. Because this one sender, I replied to him, telling that he shouldn’t have any hope on me. I don’t want to break his heart later” “Because you’re engaged” She nodded in reply.

“Enough talking about me” she turned to him with a sly smile. “What’s with you and Hayoung?”

“Us?” Moonbin chuckled. “Woah! So there is an ‘us’. Daebak!” “This” he showed his phone to her. It was his chats with Hayoung. “Ah, I had been thinking, ‘Why aren’t Hayoung replying to my messages’. So it turns out that she chats a lot with you” “She said I’m funny so she likes to hang out with me” “So it starts to turn out good for you two. I hope the best for you two” she gave him a thumb up. “Good job, Moonbin!”

He chuckled and smiled shyly.