Chapter 33

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“Yubin!” Grandma knocked the locked door of her room. Yubin slowly opened her eyes and moaned. “Wake up! You two will miss the train”

*Oh right!* Yubin eyes wide open and she sat up. “I’m up, Grandma” “Okay then. I’ll be downstairs okay?” “Okay” Yubin replied slow. Grandma left the floor.

                Yubin got up and went to Jihoon who was deeply in slumber.

“Jihoon, wake up” she shook his shoulder. Jihoon let out a moan of distress of her disturbing his beauty sleep. He turned to face the window. “Wake up” she shook his shoulder again. Jihoon opened his eyes a tad. *Who’s voice is that? It sounds so beautiful*

                Yubin shook her head and ignored him. She got washed.

*Wait! The voice stopped. I can sleep again* Jihoon drove into sleep again.

                Minutes later after Yubin had washed and got dressed,

“Wake up, Jihoon! We’ll miss the train if you going to sleep for an hour more” Yubin yelled. Jihoon moaned while his hand took a pillow and covered his ears. He turned to face Yubin again. Yubin sighed. *How can I wake this sleepy head?*

                Yubin knelt beside his bed. She cleared and shook his shoulder.

“Wake up” she called slowly. Jihoon moaned with his eyes still closed. *This guy!* she narrowed her eyes and sighed again. She was about to stand but knelt again. Again she shook his shoulder and he did the same that was moaned in protest. Yubin sighed and quickly pecked his lips. She dashed to the door as Jihoon opened his eyes a tad. Yubin closed the door and walked downstairs. Jihoon sat up and looked around.

“It’s a good thing that I’m not easily waked up though” he smirked and decided to get washed.

 

“Good morning, Grandma” Jihoon greeted as he entered the dining room. “Good morning, Jihoon. Let’s eat” Grandma had finished set up the table with the help of Yubin. Yubin pulled a chair for Grandma to sit and Grandma sat with a smile. “Thank you, Yubin” “You’re welcome” Yubin replied and took a sit for herself across Jihoon.

“I’m sorry for waking up late. You had to do the breakfast yourself” Yubin told. “No it’s okay. Breakfast isn’t that hard” Grandma replied. “It’s relief that you wake us up or we’ll be late to catch the train” “Yes. Thank you, Grandma” Jihoon joined. “And thank you, Yubin” he turned to Yubin. “What for?” Grandma asked. “She gave me a good morning kiss” he replied. “You don’t have to say that” Yubin’s face turn red and kicked his feet under the table. He and Grandma chuckled. “This house will be quiet without you two after this” Grandma took her spoon. “Enjoy your breakfast, you two”

 

 

 

 

“Have you packed your bag, Jihoon?” Grandma asked as Jihoon sat at a nearby sofa. “Yes” he nodded. “Where’s Yubin?” he asked. “At the stable maybe. She’s going to miss the horses” “Stable? I’m going to her then” Jihoon stood again and walked to the stable.

 

 

“Yubin!” Jihoon called as he came near her. “Hi” Yubin lifted her head and smiled at him brightly. “I just want to say good bye to Zeus and Lyra before we head back”

“How do you know I want to ask what are you doing?” he joined her to feed the horses. “Your face said it” “Really? I don’t know I can print out words with my face” Yubin laughed at his joked. “By the way” Yubin began. “We should get ready after this or we’ll arrive home late”

                After fed the horses, Jihoon and Yubin walked up the hill. Jihoon’s eyes traced to her swaying hand as she walked. He slowly entwined their hands and smiled widely. Yubin slowly smiled too as she looked at their entwined hands.

“Sit” he nodded to the swing. Yubin sat on the swing and Jihoon began to push the swing. Yubin felt the breeze brushed her hair as she watched the scenery before her. Jihoon took a step backward as the swing continued to swing until it slowly stopped. Yubin stared at the calming scenery with a smile. Jihoon curled her hair behind her ear and she smiled sweetly at him.

                Jihoon took out his phone.

“I want to take your picture” he directed his phone to her. “Smile” Jihoon said and she smiled at the camera. He took her picture and showed it to her. “You look beautiful” he praised. She chuckled. “What’s so funny?” he asked. “You used to say I look ugly before” “Well every girl looks beautiful” he wrapped his arm around her neck. “Especially you”

                Her face turned red. Jihoon held out his phone in from of them.

“Let me take it for you” she took his phone. “Ready? 1,2,3!” she counted and snapped their picture. They looked at the picture again and the two looked nice in the picture.

“Hey, I’m going to ride Lyra” Jihoon told and stood back. “I want to join too” she got off the swing and they went back to the stable.

                They rode the horses together with smiles and laughter.

 

 

 

                The two continued to pack the rest of their things while getting ready to head out.

“Grandma, we’re going” Yubin walked down the stairs with her bags in her grip. Jihoon followed behind her.

“Already? Okay then. You sure you take all your things already? Nothing left?” Grandma asked. “Yes” Jihoon nodded with smile. Grandma accompanied Jihoon and Yubin to the door. Jihoon opened the door and put their bags out.

“I’ll be visiting you again next summer” Yubin hugged Grandma. “Me too” Jihoon voiced. “Please do so. I’ll miss you” Grandma hugged her tightly and caressed her head. “Me too” Yubin replied and started to tear up. “Aww. Don’t cry” Grandma backed and wiped her tears. “I pity you had to live alone again” “Your Grandpa is always here with me. Don’t worry”

“Jihoon” Grandma called. “Grandma” Jihoon went into her embrace and hugged her tightly. “Thank you taking care of us and give me advices” “You’re welcome. And thank you for coming here and staying besides Yubin. Take care of her, okay?” “Alright. If I ever miss you, I’ll look at your picture in my phone” he broke the hug and smiled. Grandma chuckled “You and your phone”

“Let’s go now” Jihoon looked at Yubin. Yubin nodded and waved at Grandma. “Bye, Grandma. Take care” she advised. “I know. Bye” Grandma waved back. “Bye” he waved.

                Jihoon and Yubin waved as they walked out the cottage.

*             *             *

“I’m going” Yubin shouted as she wore her shoes. “Okay. Careful” Mrs. Bae poked her head out from the kitchen. “Bye” “Bye” Mrs. Bae walked out the kitchen and waved. Yubin walked out from the house and to the school. Her phone indicated that she received a text message. Her lips curled into a smile as he received a text message from Jihoon.

| Hwaiting, senior! ^^ | From: Jihoon

| Look for a college, sleepy head |From: Yubin

| I’m going to after I had my breakfast. Wish me luck |From: Jihoon

 

“Smiling alone?” Minho sat beside her in the bus. “What? Don’t state the obvious” she replied shyly. “Receive a message from your boyfriend?” “Yes”

“You two seem happy. Good for you. Anyway” Minho fixed his shirt. “You’re a senior now”

“Yes. I hate that fact. It sounds like I’m getting older. And that’s bad” “It’s not getting older. Well as the matter of fact, yes. But we’re growing to be adult” “But I don’t want to” “Don’t want? Then I’ll just treat you like a junior then” Minho slung his arm to her neck. “You must help me with my homework, junior. You must listen to me, your senior”

                Yubin laughed at him.

 

 

 

                Yubin walked alone in the school building. Yubin walked to the class next door. She peeked to look for someone.

“Yubin, hi!” Eunwoo suddenly hugged her from behind. “Eunwoo-yah” she smiled. “Yah! Let me go” she demanded. “Okay I forgot you belongs to someone now. Sorry” he let go off her. “So how’s you and Jihoon?”

“We’re fine” “That’s all?” “Yes. What more do you want me to say?” “Never mind. But I really miss you!” he pinched her cheeks. “Yah yah. I’m a senior now you know” she poker faced voiced. “I know but you still look like a kid” “Eunwoo, I’m just here to see you. Can you let go off me?” “You miss me too right?” he put his hand down. “Well, yes” she rolled her eyes. “Yes! Thank you for missing me, Yubin” he shook hard her shoulder. “Eunwoo, you’re making me dizzy!” “Okay okay I’ll stop. Well, good luck for this senior year” “You too” she smiled as he walked into the class.

*             *             *

“I’m home” Moonbin entered the house. “You’re home? Great! Help me buy some groceries can you?” Mrs. Bae exited the kitchen and stepped into the living room. Moonbin threw his exhausted self onto the sofa. “Omma, I’m really tired” he whined.

                Yubin stepped down the stair.

“You’re home, Moonbin” she called. “Hm” he replied without looking. He was too tired to even turn his head. “Yubin” Mrs. Bae called. “Nae, omma” “Can you go to the supermarket for a while? Some groceries had finished and I forgot to buy it” “Oh okay. Besides, I don’t have anything to do right now”

                Mrs. Bae went to take a note she had written earlier and handed it to Yubin. The house doorbell had been ringed.

“Can you get the door for me please, Yubin?” Mrs. Bae asked. “Sure” Yubin went to the door and opened it. “Jihoon!” Yubin was surprised to see Jihoon stood at the door with a wide smile. “Hi” Jihoon waved.

“You’re here, Jihoon” Mrs. Bae approached them. “Hello, aunty” he bowed. “Hi” Mrs. Bae replied with smile. “I called him earlier. I know Moonbin wouldn’t want to help me with the groceries so I called Jihoon to go to the supermarket with you” Mrs. Bae explained to her daughter. “Now go, you two” she pushed Yubin lightly to him.

“Yubin, don’t forget your phone” Moonbin came and gave Yubin’s phone to her. “Hi, Jihoon hyung” he smiled weakly. “Hi, Moonbin. You okay?” Jihoon asked. “I’m just tired and frustrated of studying today” he explained. “I’ll have some rest in my room then, omma” Moonbin left them.

                Mrs. Bae placed some money into her daughter hand.

“Make sure you buy everything I want. Or we don’t have breakfast tomorrow” Mrs. Bae advised. “And Jihoon. Take care of her okay?”

“Yes, boss” Jihoon saluted with a grin. “Let’s go” he took Yubin’s hand. “Bye” she waved to her mother.

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming?” Yubin slapped his shoulder lightly. “Because my future mother-in-law told me to not to. She wants me to surprise you. Are you surprised?” he grinned. “You kidding?! Of course I am! I almost shout. Aigo”

                Jihoon smirked at her reaction. He squeezed her hand lightly.

“I miss you, Yubin” he confessed. “I know that. You texted me that every day” she chuckled. “Not every day. I didn’t text you today because I know I’ll meet you. It’s a good thing that we meet today. I got something to tell you”

                Jihoon and Yubin boarded the bus.

“What is it? Tell me” Yubin asked. “I applied a part-time work at a shop. This morning they called and told that I got the dispatch job” he explained. “Congratulation!” “Yubin, it’s just a part time job” “You think it’s easy to get a job now although it’s a part time job? So when will you start to work?” “In three days” “Good for you then. At least you have something to do” He nodded in reply. “But I can rarely see you then” he pouted. “You can call me when you’re not busy” she replied.

                They got off the bus and walked to a supermarket.

“Let’s get shopping” Yubin approached Jihoon with an empty trolley. “Let me do it” he took the trolley and pushed it into the supermarket with Yubin beside him. “First, vegetables” Yubin read the first item in the list. “Okay that way” she pointed to the vegetables section.

                They put everything that was needed into the trolley. Yubin again experience the same problem if she went shop with a male.

“But this looks better” Jihoon held a packet of cheese to her. “But this is cheaper” Yubin held out a different pack of cheese. “No, buy this one” “But this one is cheaper. Besides, Moonbin like this one” she replied. “Okay then. Let’s take that one” he put the cheese back to its place and took the cheese in her hand into the trolley. Jihoon began to push the trolley.

“Hey, don’t pout” Yubin helped to push the trolley beside him. Jihoon didn’t reply. “Jihoon~” she called and tilted her head left and right. “Can you stop?!” Jihoon cupped her face. *He’s really angry* she gulped. “You’re being too cute” he smiled and pinched her cheeks. “I thought you’re mad with me” she patted his cheeks. “No. I’m not. It’s a small matter” he took her hand off the trolley handle and he pushed it. “Next?”

“Some biscuits” she glanced at the note then to the front. Jihoon already stopped at the biscuits section and he stared at the biscuits. “These looks delicious” he voiced. Yubin nodded in agreement. She then squatted to look at the biscuits at the lower rack.

“Eonni” suddenly someone hugged Yubin from the back. Jihoon was surprised to see the scene. Yubin turned around to find a little girl sobbing. “I’m sorry. You got the wrong person, little girl” she voiced. “Where is my eonni?” the little girl continued to sob. Jihoon looked around to see if someone was looking for someone missing. “You lost your eonni? Let us help you then” Yubin told her and glanced at Jihoon. He nodded and squatted too. “What’s your name, little girl?” Jihoon asked with a smile. “My name is Songji” the little 5-years old girl in pink dress rubbed her eyes. Her long black hair had braided into two. “Hi, Songji. My name is Yubin and this is Jihoon” Yubin introduced herself and Jihoon.

“Here, Songji” Jihoon took out a candy from his pocket. He opened the wrapping and gave it to her. Songji took it and enjoyed the fruity candy. “Good girl” he praised with a smile. “Do you want to look for your eonni with us?” The little girl nodded. Jihoon held out his hand and slowly Songji entwined their hand together.

“Let’s go. We can just walk around this supermarket” Yubin took the trolley after she put a box of crackers into the trolley. They walked around the quite crowded supermarket. “You okay, Yubin?” Jihoon asked Yubin who was in front of him. “I’m fine. I’m the one who should ask you that” she turned to see Jihoon was carrying the girl in his arm. “You’re okay, right?” she asked. “Sure” he smiled and nodded.

“You know what, let’s change. You push the trolley, I’ll carry Songji” Yubin stopped the trolley at the side and held to take Songji. “No. I’m fine” he protested. “Songji, can I carry you now?” Yubin smiled to Songji. “Yes, eonni” Songji nodded and smiled broadly, revealing her not so complete teeth. “You lost your tooth, Songji?” “Yes. Eonni pull my bad teeth out for me” Songji explained. “Come to me and I’ll tell you about tooth fairy? You know who is tooth fairy?” Yubin held out her arm to take Songji. “No, Songji. Let me carry you” Jihoon voiced but Songji held out her arm and hugged Yubin on her neck. Songji went into Yubin’s arms. Yubin walked away while telling Songji many stories. “Girls” Jihoon shook his head with smile and pushed the trolley following them.

 

 

 

“That’s all we need” Jihoon said as he put a big packet of macaroni into the trolley. “Eonni!” Songji shouted in excitement as the little girl saw her sister. Yubin and Jihoon looked to the direction of Songji was looking. Songji waved to her sister who was not far away from the place they stood. “Songji, I’m so worry of you” Songji’s sister approached to them to take Songji. “Yubin?!” Songji’s sister voiced. “Hweji?!” Yubin was surprised to see Songji’s sister, Hweji.

"You know her, eonni?" Songji asked her sister. "We're in the same class. Where have you been? I almost cry back there" Hweji squatted and hugged Songji tightly.

"Thank you, Yubin" Hweji stood again. "I thought someone had taken Songji away"

"You're welcome. It's not a big deal anyway" Yubin smiled. "Stay with your sister okay, Songji?" Jihoon squatted in front of Songji with smile. "Jihoon?! What are you doing here? What are you doing with Yubin? You're bullying her again?!" Hweji shoot questions. "What the! Hell no I'll bully my own fiancée" Jihoon slung his arm to Yubin's neck and drew her closer.

"Your fiancée? I thought it was just a joke" Hweji replied. "So you two are together now?"

"Yes" "Oh. Sorry for disturbing your date. I'll see at you school, Yubin" Hweji took Songji's hand. "Songji, said thank you to this hyung and eonni"

"Thank you, Yubin eonni" Songji bowed. "Thank you, oppa" Songji bowed again. "You're welcome" Jihoon ruffled her hair with smile.

"Bye, you two. Sorry for disturbing your date" Hweji smiled sheepishly. "We're not dating" Yubin shook her head. "Not dating? I thought you said you like our date today" Jihoon entwined their hands. "Tsk. Being love birds in front of me. Bye then" Hweji waved and left with Songji who waved at them too. Jihoon and Yubin waved at them before went to pay at the cashier. 

*             *             *

Jihoon stared outside the window of the convenience store. He sighed. *I miss you, Yubin*

"Hey, kid!" someone called him and snapped him out from his day dream. "Yes, boss" Jihoon stood straight. "Send this to this address" Mr. Jang, the store owner held out a box full of goods with a piece of paper attached to it. Jihoon took it and read the address. "You have a problem, kid?" Mr. Jang asked, concerned. "Me? No" Jihoon replied. "I'm going to send this then" he smiled and got on his scooter out the store.

"Kids" Mr. Jang shook his head and got back to his job.

 

Jihoon sped off through the traffic that evening. He entered a neighbourhood area and looked for the house. *Here it is!* Jihoon stopped his scooter in front of a house. He stood before the gate with a smile and rang the bell. A moment later, the gate was opened revealing a beautiful young maiden with a bright smile. "Jihoon?!"

"Hana?!" Jihoon was shocked. "What are you doing here?" she asked, excited to see him again. "I'm working. Here, your order" he held out the box. After she handed in the payment, Jihoon turned to go.

"Jihoon~" Hana called and wrapped her arms around his waist, pulled him closer. She buried her lips to his neck. "Yah!" Jihoon got away from her. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Let's be together again, Jihoon" she ran her finger to his jawline and smirked. "I'm going crazy staying here with you" Jihoon quickly got onto his scooter. "Jihoon!" Hana called. He ignored her call and sped away.

*It's okay. Now I know how I can see you often* Hana smirked.

"That is really crazy!" Jihoon complained and sped to the convenience shop again. He went straight to the cashier counter where Mr. Jang, his boss was.

"You okay, kid?" Mr. Jang asked. "Sorry, sir" Jihoon took off the store’s jacket that he borrowed and handed it to him. "I'm quitting. Don’t tell anyone that I worked here" he turned to go to the door when Mr. Jang called him.

Jihoon turned to him again. "You have a problem right? Just calm down and try to solve your problem okay?" Mr. Jang advised. "Okay" Jihoon sighed. "Thank you, sir" Jihoon bowed and went to his scooter again.

*Back to unemployed* Jihoon sighed. *As long as I don’t see Hana, it's okay* 

Jihoon rode the scooter to a park. The park was quiet with no sight of human around. Jihoon sat at a bench and let out a sigh. "Going to look for job tomorrow. Damn, Hana! If I didn’t meet her, I would have never had to quit my job"

Jihoon leaned back and closed his eyes. He exhaled deeply to clear his mind before opening them again.

*What time is it anyway?* he glanced at his watch and smiled. "Yubin had finished her class by now. Let’s give a little surprise, shall we?" he stood and jogged back to his scooter. He sped off to the bus stop Yubin always stopped at. Not long after he waited, a bus arrived and the passenger began exited the bus.

"Yubin!" Jihoon called as he saw Yubin walked down the bus. Yubin lifted her head and her eyes widened. "Jihoon!" she ran to her and threw her arm around his neck. Jihoon hugged her back tightly.

"Wow!" Yubin was amazed as she saw his new scooter. "Dad bought it for me recently and of course I’ll pay him later. So" Jihoon played with his scooter key. “Want me to take you home?”

She nodded with a broad smile. The next moment, they sped off with the scooter. Jihoon stopped in front of Yubin's house.

"Come in for a while" she invited while taking off the helmet. "No. I had something to do. Say hello to your parents and Moonbin for me" he replied. “Nae” She wore the helmet in her hand to him. Yubin made sure that he wore the helmet tightly.

"There. Be careful" she advised. Yubin fixed his collar and her eyes widened. A lipstick stain was left on his collar. *What the hell?!*

"Jihoon, did you meet someone just now?" she asked. "Why do you ask?” he furrowed his eyebrows at her sudden question. “I met Hana”