Chapter 32

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

                Yubin was leaning against the tree while reading when he received a text message on her phone. She read it and it was from Jihoon. She chuckled and glanced to the window of her room.

Jihoon   : Hey

Yubin     : I thought you said you want to take a nap

Jihoon   : How can I sleep? I keep thinking about you and I can’t sleep ><

Yubin     : Nonsense.

Jihoon   : Then come here and sleep beside me.

Yubin     : No. I want to continue to read.

Jihoon   : I know u weren’t even reading.

Yubin     : How do you know?

Jihoon   : Well,

                Jihoon called her phone and she answered it.

“Because I had been watching you” he looked at Yubin from the window of the room. Yubin turned her view to the window and saw Jihoon “Jihoon, you said you want to sleep” “I will. Okay bye” he hung up. Yubin kept her phone and shook her head with a smile. *That kid*

 

 

“Yubin!” she heard a voice calling and Yubin lifted her head. “Jihoon, why are you here?” she asked but he didn’t bother to answer fast, instead Jihoon sat beside her. “I can’t sleep” he complained and he laid his head on her lap. “What are you doing?!” she almost shouted and her face turned red. “Trying to sleep of course” he answered barefaced. “Just let me spend sometimes with my girlfriend”

“Girlfriend?” “Yes. You of course. Or you want me to call you my future wife” “No. But I’m not your girlfriend” “Why is that? Because I never ask?” “Well yes” “You’re being silly, Yubin. Okay. Yubin, can you be my girlfriend?” he looked into her eyes. “Of course” she tried not to smile widely. “Just smile if you want. Just do whatever you want when you’re with me” Yubin smiled shyly at his statement and slapped his arm. “Don’t states the obvious will you?”

                Jihoon smiled widely and pinched her nose.

“Sing for me” he requested. “Sing?” she asked in disbelief. “Yes. Sing a lullaby or whatever so I can sleep” “You know I don’t like people ordering me around” “Okay then” he played with her hands and smiled. “Can you sing for me, my girlfriend?” he blinked his eyes a few times.

“You know you don’t look cute enough” “I know you think I’m cute. Then why do you stare and touch my head before this?” “What? When?” Jihoon took out his phone and showed her the image of her touching his bangs while he was sleeping under the tree. “Who take this?” she panicked. “Grandma I think. Since Grandma isn’t in the picture. Now, can you sing me to sleep, Yubin?” “Can I just sing some nursery rhyme?” “Whatever it is as long as I hear you voice”

                Yubin sighed and began to hum to ‘Twinkle twinkle little star’.

“He’s asleep already?” she stared at his already asleep face and smiled. “Again, you make go crazy, you derp” she caressed his head.

*             *             *

                Slowly Jihoon opened his eyes to see Yubin still reading the book. He smiled.

“Yubin” he called softly. “You’re up?” she asked. “Please do me a favor” “What is it?” “Please always stay in love with me” “What did you dream that made you say such thing?” she chuckled. “That thing just came cross my mind. Well, answer me. Will you?”

                Yubin closed her book and looked at him.

“Of course. I promise” “I promise that too” he replied and played with her hand. He then entwined their hand and smiled at her. She smiled back.

“What’s this?” she traced her finger to a small wound on his thumb. “Paper cut” he replied. She kissed his injured thumb. “Why did you do that?” he asked. “For the wound to get better fast” “Owh! I should have made a wound on my lips” “What the?!” she slapped his hand and her face turned red.

“Let’s eat, you two lovebirds” Grandma called.  Jihoon and Yubin turned to Grandma who stood not far from them. “When did you come here?” he quickly sat. “I just got here. Look like I disturb your precious moment again” Grandma smiled. “No, Grandma. Let’s go then” Yubin stood. “Yes let’s eat” Grandma walked down the hill with the two behind her. Jihoon slid his hand into Yubin’s hand as he walked beside her.

*             *             *

“Jihoon” Yubin entered the room. Jihoon lifted his head from looking at his phone. “Yeah” he replied. “Jibeom asked us to go for a movie. He said since all of us will go back to school soon” “Oh sure. Today?” “Yes” “Ask Grandma permission then” “I did. She said okay” “Okay you get ready first” Jihoon got up and walked to the door. “Anyway” he stopped. “What colour will you wear today?”

“I don’t know. Maybe red” she answered. “Why do you ask?”

“Let’s wear same clothes colour today” he whispered and smiled. “I’ll be downstairs” he closed the door behind him.

 

 

“We’ll be going now” Yubin waved at Grandma who sent them out the door. “Bye, you two. And you, Jihoon-“ Grandma didn’t finish her sentence. “Take care of Yubin. I will, Grandma” Jihoon continued with smile. “You’re right” Grandma nodded.

“Bye, Grandma” Yubin hugged her. “Take care” she patted her back and backed away.

“Bye” Jihoon waved and took Yubin’s hand. Yubin and Jihoon waved at Grandma as they walked out the cottage area. “I pity Grandma. She’ll live alone after this when we return to the city” Yubin voiced. “I know” he replied.

 

“Did you bring your bandana?” Jihoon asked. “Yes. Here” Yubin took out her blue bandana from her bag and handed it to him. Jihoon took it and tied it to his collar. “I just had an urge to use this scarf since you lend it to me a while ago” he told. Yubin looked at his clothes. Jihoon was wearing a white and red strip t-shirt and dark pants. Yubin was wearing red blouse with a white pinafore dress.

“Your shirt is nice” Yubin complimented. “Aren’t you meant to say I look nice in this shirt?” he replied. Yubin sighed with a smirk “You know I meant to say you’re handsome right?” “Seriously? You’re saying I’m handsome? Thank you” he clings their arms together. “And as usual you look gorgeous” he whispered. Yubin smiled shyly.

“So where should we meet Jibeom?” Jihoon asked as they got down the bus. “Here” Jibeom came out of nowhere and greeted them with a broad smile. “Hi, hyung and Yubin noona”

“Hi” Yubin waved. “Let’s go to the cinema. We’re going to be late” Jibeom suddenly pulled Yubin and Jihoon to the direction of the cinema.

                As they sat at their place,

“Jibeom, change place with Yubin. I want her to sit beside me” Jihoon said. “Aigo these lovebirds. Can’t be far even for a while. I’m so jealous of both of you” Jibeom smirked and switched seats with Yubin. Now Yubin sat between the two guys. “Why didn’t you bring your girlfriend too?” Yubin asked. “She’s busy. Besides, we went to a date yesterday” Jibeom answered.

 

                They spent the rest of the day with eating and window shopping and playing games and pranking each other, since Jihoon had influenced Jibeom with it.

“Ready? 1,2,3!” Jihoon took a selca of the three of them with his phone. “Noona, you look ugly!” Jibeom laughed at her picture. “What the?!” she complained. “You sure is” Jihoon agreed to Jibeom’s statement. “You are just the same” Yubin pouted but then smiled. She glanced around and saw a cookies shop near them.

“Let’s buy some of that. It had been a while since I eat those cookies” Yubin asked. “You two go ahead. I need to go to the toilet. I’ll wait for you two here” Jihoon replied. “Okay then. Let’s go, noona” Jibeom walked her to the shop. Jihoon had gone to the toilet and minutes later came to the place back. No sight of Jibeom and Yubin, he sat at a bench nearby at the sidewalk. He went through the pictures he took just now and smiled to himself.

                A shadow fell over him and Jihoon lifted his head. His face changed and his eye smile replaced with a fierce cold stare.

“What are you doing here?” he coldly asked. “Just walking around like you did” Hana sat beside him without being invited. “You better go away” “Why should I? Because you’re afraid your girlfriend is here?” “Mind your own business”

                Jihoon held out his hand and fixed her cardigan that fell off her shoulder without looking at her.

“Can you dress up nicely? I’m not stupid enough to hate and always shout at my ex-girlfriend” he voiced. “Looks like you still care about me right?” Hana reached out his hands and cupped his face to face her.

                Yubin’s steps stopped and she stared at Jihoon and Hana in shock, from far behind. Jibeom followed her gaze. *!* he cursed in his mind.

“Noona, I forgot to buy something” he quickly pulled Yubin away to avoid her to see the worse situation. Her legs followed his steps back to the cookies shop. Jibeom bought another pack of soft cookie and handed it to Yubin with a smile “Give this to Grandma please” 

“Oh. Okay” she was too shocked to say anything and stared at the pack in front of her. “Here” Jibeom put the packed cookies in her grip. *Please don’t tell me she saw it!* he gulped. Yubin took a deep breath and faked a smile on her face. “Oh sure. Let’s go to Jihoon”

“Go away, Hana! You had crossed the line!” Jihoon pushed Hana and made her let go off him. “I thought you’ll change but I’m wrong! Don’t appear in front of me ever again!” Jihoon stood and ran to the direction of the cookies shop.

“Yubin!” he shouted as he saw Yubin and Jibeom. “I love you” Jihoon hugged her tightly. “Why so sudden, Jihoon? You’re being weird” Yubin pretended to laugh. “Nothing. I just miss you although you just went to buy cookies for a couple of minutes” he hugged her tighter. Yubin swallowed the lump and patted his back. She held back her tears. Jibeom looked at Yubin with a sadden eyes. *How can she pretend not to see that horrible thing?! His boyfriend being with another girl just now! Poor Yubin noona*

“That’s enough both of you. Continue being lovebirds when I’m not around” Jibeom teased. “I’m left alone here”

“Stop talking nonsense” Jihoon let goes off Yubin and slung his arm to Jibeom with a smirk. “No one is alone in this crowded world. Let’s go somewhere else”

“Right. Let’s go, noona” Jibeom pulled her hand as Jihoon dragged Jibeom away.