Chapter 31

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“Watching the movie made me hungry” Yubin voiced as they walked side by side out the cinema. “Me too” Jihoon replied. “I know. Your stomach sounds disturb me while watching the movie” “Don’t be ridiculous. My stomach doesn’t make such a loud noise” “I’m telling you the truth. Tsk! I’m going to eat by myself” she walked pass him. “Wait for me” He paced up to her.

                They enjoyed their day together until the early evening.

“Let’s go home. I’m tired” Yubin voiced before they exited the game arcade. “Tired? It’s not like we walk that much” Jihoon replied. “You can walk by yourself if you want. I want to head home” “Okay okay chill. Let’s go” Jihoon smiled and pulled her hand.

“Can you stop holding my hand without my permission?” Yubin tried to pull her hand. “I have to get a permission to hold my fiancé’s hand?” “Yes” “Alright then. Can I hold your hand?” “No” With that, Jihoon let go off her hand. “But I will do whatever I want to you if it’s an emergency” he turned to look at her but Yubin was not beside her. “Where is this girl?” Jihoon looked around and saw Yubin was staring at a blouse at a window of a boutique. He smirked and about to walk to her when

“Jihooni!” someone called him. *Wait. I know that voice* Jihoon turned around and saw “Hana”

“Hi! What are you doing here?” Hana smiled. “Well” “You should have told me you’re here. We can spend time together again” she clung to his arm. “Let go off me!” Jihoon pulled his arm. “Don’t you dare touch me! We’re nothing special anymore”

“How can you talk to me like that? You use to be someone else. You’ve changed” Hana tried to get his sympathy. “No! You’re the one who changed. Look at yourself!” Jihoon almost shout. Hana was in her light blue mini skirt and a white tight sleeveless tee. “You used to hate revealing your skin but-!”

“Is that the reason why you leave me? I can change for you, Jihoon” Hana pleaded. “No. Because I shouldn’t have date you in the first place” “But I have no one right now” “But I have someone else now”

“Jihoon oppa!” Yubin came to him and hugged him from behind. “Hi!” she smiled brightly to him and looked at Hana. Yubin let go off the clueless and shocked Jihoon and looked at Hana. “Hana sunbae. Hello. It had been a while since I saw you. How are you?”

“Who’s this?” Hana asked Jihoon. “I’m being rude with my senior here. I’m sorry. My name is Yubin. I’m his fiancé” Yubin held his hand and leaned her head against his arm. “Fiancé? So it’s true?” Hana was confused. She looked at Yubin and Jihoon one after another. “Excuse me” she walked away. Jihoon and Yubin looked at her walked away.

                Jihoon let out a sigh. Yubin let go of his hand.

“Don’t thank me” she started to walk. “Did you just admit you’re my fiancé?” he smirked. “I’m just trying to save you” “Can you call me that again? Jihoon oppa~” “No” “Please” “Okay. Jihoon oppa” “No no. Just like now. Call me with all that cuteness and love” “Oh please. I won’t call you like that anymore so forget it” Yubin rolled her eyes.

“Let’s go home now” Jihoon took her hand and they walked to the bus stop.

*             *             *

“We’re going to the beach again, Grandma” Yubin poked her head into the living room. “Summer almost over so I want to enjoy the beach a little more before going back”

“Sure, dear. Make sure you take Jihoon with you” Grandma advised. “I’ll follow her” Jihoon appeared behind Yubin. “Hi” he smiled at her widely. “You want to go now?” She nodded. “Okay let’s go! Bye, Grandma” he waved and pulled Yubin with him. “Bye, Grandma” Yubin waved.

 

 

“Can we just walk there?” Jihoon asked as Yubin head to the direction of the stable. “Sure then. If that’s what you want” Yubin turned to him back.  “Let’s go”

                They walked out the cottage area and head to the beach.

“Yubin, want that?” Jihoon stopped and pointed to an ice cream stall. She nodded with a small smile. “Wait here” he ran to the stall and came back with two cones of vanilla ice cream in both hands. “Here” Jihoon held one of it to her. “Thank you” Yubin took it and her ice cream. “You must have really loved white. Even ice cream you bought is white”

“I never knew you had great eyes to even notice my favourite colour” he teased and they continued to walk and entered the beach area. Not many people were there as it almost dusk. Jihoon and Yubin stepped on the gold sand.

“Come here” Jihoon pulled her hand and he sat on the sand facing the sea. He patted the space beside him, directing her to sit. Yubin sat beside him and continue to enjoy her ice cream. They watched the beautiful orange sea as the sun set reflected onto it. Some fishing boats moved nearer to the coast heading to the jetty.

“Jihoon, what are you going to do after this?” Yubin suddenly voiced. “After I graduate school?” he asked back. “Yes” “Well, I’m not really sure. But I think I’ll continue my study abroad. I want to achieve my dream” “Study abroad” “Yes. Don’t you want to? It must be fun. Staying at other people country, live and experiencing a brand new surrounding” “I thought of that once. But can I even study well. I’m not that clever” “Not clever? Tsk. Tell me how you can end up in the first class at school” “That’s different” They were silent.

 

 

“I’m going to miss this place. A lot” Jihoon voiced. “You can come here whenever you want” Yubin finished her ice cream. “Yes I know” he turned to her and held out his hand. He ran his thumb to her lips. “You got some cone crumbs on your lips”

“Oh thanks” Yubin back away and looked away. *Don’t be like this, heart! Jihoon is in front of me!* she could felt her heart raced and made a loud sound. She could felt her face started to burn and turned red. *Please don’t beat loudly! He’ll hear!* she shut her eyes.

                Jihoon took her hand and made Yubin looked at him.

“Feel this” he placed her hand on his chest and her eyes widened. “What are you doing?!” she tried to pull her hand away. “No!” he demanded. “Feel my heart beat” he fixed his eyes to hers. “My heart had been like this when I think about you. It’s driving me crazy”

*His heart beat faster and loudly. Like mine* she thought. “I know your heart react the same now. I can even hear you heart beat” he told. *He heard it?!* she bit her lips. “Bae Yubin” Jihoon called. “I love you. And I’m grateful that you’re my fiancé”

                Yubin was surprised with his sudden confession and slowly pulled her hand away but not her eyes.

“I think you know what I’m going to say. Well, heart can’t tell a lie right?” Yubin began. “I love you too, Jihoon” a smile formed on her lips. Jihoon smile back a glimpse before leaned in. Slowly, their lips came closer. *Aigo this girl!* he suddenly smirked and stood. “You fall for my trick!” Jihoon laughed and ran away. “Yah!” Yubin face grew redder and he chased after Jihoon. Jihoon was laughing at her loudly. “You call that a run?” he jeered.

                Yubin suddenly remembered that she used to chase him at school. At the thought of that, she smiled.

“Jihoon!” she called and he glanced back. “You’ll never catch me” he ran backward facing her. Slowly he stopped and she stopped not far in front of him. “If you come any closer, I’ll jump into the sea” he walked toward the water. 

“Don’t be ridiculous. Come here” Yubin pulled him to the sandy beach. “Wait!” Jihoon eyes went to their entwined hands. “You purposely want to hold my hand, right Yubin?”

“What the! No!” she let go off his hand. “I’m just kidding” he took her hand and entwined their hands together. “Your hand”

                Their focuses were on their entwined hands. “Looks like” he continued. “It was made to fit perfectly with mine”

                She looked away in embarrassment.

“Did I make you feel shy?” he jeered and tried to look for her eyes. “No” she tried to avoid his eyes. “You shouldn’t have trick me just now”

“Trick? You believe that it was a trick?! It such a waste for me being honest if you take it as a joke” he held her chin and made her face faced him. He looked into her eyes. “I’m not lying to you, Yubin. It’s true. I had fallen for you for years. But now I’m sure you’re the only one for me” Jihoon entwined their hands together. Slowly, he leaned in and their noses brushed against each other. “I love you” he whispered before pressing his lips against hers. He felt her warm and soft lips answered his kiss.

*What is this feeling? Is this love?* she thought. *I think it is*