Chapter 11

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin turned to the side facing the window in her room. The dark receded and sunlight started to light the room. She looked at the clock. *It’s morning already* she yawned and stretched her body. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. She checked her phone. Hayoung, Seoyeon and Minho had texted her some ‘good luck on seeing your fiance’ message. A smile formed on her lips. “These guys, I really love them”

After cleaned herself, she was brushing her hair when a series of knocks landed on the door. The door was opened. Moonbin displayed his smile and entered the room.

“So” he sat on her bed. “Nervous?”

Yubin looked at him from the mirror reflection. “You bet I am” “Should I tell omma and appa to cancel this meeting?” “No!” she braided her hair and attempted to tie a pony tail to her hair. Moonbin smiled and sighed. He approached her and took the ribbon from her hand. “I don’t know if this can comfort you. But I hope you can stay calm” he helped tied the ribbon. “I support you, Yubin. I understand what you believe, why you accept the engagement. So I wish you can be happy with your choice”

Moonbin looked into her eyes in the reflection. Yubin smiled. She patted on his hand on her shoulder. “Thank you, Moonbin”

He replied her smile. “Hey, we should go down now. Omma might need us to help her today”

The two walked to the living room. But there was no one. So they went to the dining table. Mr. Bae was helping setting up the table for their breakfast. He lifted his chin to them. “Ah, you two are up”

“Good morning, omma appa” Yubin smiled. She went to Mrs. Bae and helped her with the Kimchi Fried Rice.

The family sat at their places and began to enjoy their breakfast.

“How do you feel?” Mrs. Bae glanced at Yubin. “She’s extremely excited!” Moonbin replied that received Mr. Bae’s chuckled. “Really, Yubin?” he asked.

“Ani, appa” Yubin panicked. She gave Moonbin a death glare.

“You must be nervous” Mrs. Bae guessed. “Of course I am. What if I act inappropriate for my age in front of his family?” Yubin voiced. “And what if your friends don’t like me?”

“Yubin, don’t worry. Our friend really adores you. That’s why they agreed to engage their son with you”

“I hope I can be in my best behaviour” Yubin voiced. “Anyway, omma” she turned to Mrs. Bae. “What are we cooking today? Do you think I can make some pastry for them?”

“Pastry? Of course. Since you’re best at it, don’t worry. You can handle the dessert while I cook the main dish” Mrs. Bae answered. “How about that?”

“I’m okay with it”

“I’ll help appa clean the house” Moonbin volunteered. Mr. Bae gave him a thumb up. “Great idea”

“Alright then” Mrs. Bae smiled. “Now everyone has their own chores”

Breakfast ended and they began to play their roles. Yubin was measuring the flour on the balance when Moonbin came to her and smudged the floor to her face before ran off. “Yah, Moonbin!” she shrieked that made Mrs. Bae laughed at their actions. Yubin snorted when she couldn’t get Moonbin. She ignored him and continued to stir the batter in her grip.

“You two had been close lately” Mrs. Bae was stirring the cooking gravy on the kitchen. She glanced to her. Yubin smiled to herself and nodded. “That’s great” Mrs. Bae smiled.

 

 

Moonbin threw himself on the couch in the living room after finished cleaning the living room. He heaved a sigh. “Man, I’m tired!”

“Me too” Yubin suddenly joined beside him. “You already done baking?” “Yup. Now I just have to wait for it to cook” “What you making?” “Vanilla cake” “Woah! It had been a while since you made those” “That’s why I’m more nervous. I’m scared if it doesn’t turn out well as before” “I’m sure it must be good. Come on, Yubin! Be confident!” he ruffled her head that made her hair a mess. “Yah” she head-locked him and Moonbin struggled to free himself. “Yubin-ah! Let me go!”

Yubin laughed at him. They halted and looked up. Mr. Bae stood there with a broad smile in his face and his phone in his hand, taking picture of both of them.

“Appa!” Moonbin whined. “You shouldn’t take my ugly look”

“Alright alright” Mr. Bae laughed. “Let me take another one”

“Make it a good one, appa” Yubin voiced. “Of course I will” he fixed the camera position.

Moonbin slung his arm to her neck and Yubin leaned her head on his. They smiled for the camera.

“Look” Mr. Bae showed the picture to them. “We look alike!” Moonbin gasped. “Of course. We are twins” Yubin giggled. She stood. “I’m going to my room for a while”

Yubin walked up to her room. She pushed the door open and fell into her bed. “I’m so tired!” Her eyes began to decrease its gap and she fell asleep. But her slumber didn’t last when Yubin suddenly sat up. “How can I fell asleep?!” she stood and went to the toilet. Yubin fixed her clothes and hair in the mirror.

 

“Honey, they’re here!” Mr. Bae’s voice calling his wife couldn’t be heard. Yubin’s eyes widened. “They’re here!” *Could it either be Minwoo sunbae or Eunwoo?! I’m curious! But I’m nervous too! Otoke?!*

Yubin clenched a tight fist and took her steps towards the door. She crept down the stairs.

“There you are, Yubin. Come join us” Mrs. Bae saw her coming down the stairs. Yubin could see her fiance’s back side. *Hey, he looks familiar* The two family were gathering at the living room. Yubin was standing beside the couch her fiancé was sitting on. They couldn’t see each other faces. Yubin bowed.

“This is our daughter” Mrs. Bae introduced Yubin to her friend.

“Hello, my name is Yubin” she smiled. Her fiancé jumped a tad as he was startled and turned to his side. And saw Yubin.

 

 

 

“Jihoon?!” Yubin almost shouted but she covered . *Jihoon?! No way! He always prank me!*

Jihoon who was sitting quickly pulled her to sit beside him.

“You know her, Jihoon?” Mr. Park asked his son. “Of course. We’re friends. Right, Yubin?” he glanced at Yubin. She opened to protest but Jihoon squeezed her hand. “Yes!” she answered.

“This is great. Now that these two know each other, the wedding will be much easier right?” Mr. Bae asked his friend, Mr. Park. “Yes. I presume” Jihoon’s father nodded. *Wait! Jihoon is my fiancé?! And I have to marry him?!* Yubin gulped. “Oh, look at these two. Already holding hands” Mrs. Bae looked at Jihoon’s hand that was holding tightly to Yubin’s hand. He smiled and kicked her feet. *Smile, you idiot! * Jihoon smiled at Yubin. *You want me to smile?!* she forced a smile on her lips.

“So, Yubin. How’s Jihoon at school?” Mr. Park asked Yubin. “Are you two in the same class?”

“No. He’s actually a year older. As a senior, he treats me nicely” *Badly* “Always help” *Prank* “And smiles when he talks to me” *Well, he smiles whenever he succeeds in pranking me* Yubin faked a smile.

“You two sure hang out together a lot” Mr. Park said. “Of course” Jihoon replied. As the adults continued to chat, Jihoon and Yubin sat there close to each other. Moobin stared at them from a couch near the TV with his eyes narrowed. *That dude really makes Yubin uncomfortable*

“Yubin, are you okay? You look pale” Hearing to his mother’s statement, Jihoon turned to Yubin. *She does look pale* he thought.

“No. I’m just fine” Yubin replied. “It’s okay. I’ll take her outside for some fresh air” Jihoon got up and took her hand. The two walked out to the garden. “Look at those two. They had been holding hands” Mrs. Park said to Mrs. Bae. “They must be close”

“Let me go!” Yubin yanked her arm. “Quiet down or they might hear” Jihoon covered . Yubin furrowed her eyebrows and pulled his hand off her. “I can’t believe I have to marry you!”

“Why? I can” Jihoon shrugged with his lips arched down. Yubin smacked him on his shoulder. “No. I don’t want to believe this” she sat on the garden swing.

Jihoon sat beside her. “I know this is ridiculous for you but please. I love my parents. Let’s just pretend we’re friends and I’m a good senior. Okay?” “You? Good senior? Who always pranks me every time he got his chance?” “Please, Yubin! Only in front of my…no. Our parents” “If I agree, what will that profit me?”

He was silent for a while to think.

“I’ll never prank or disturb you anymore” he lifted his palm. “How can I believe in you?” “Just agree with me!” “Okay” she sighed. “But I still can’t believe you’re my fiancé”

He suddenly chuckled that made she turned to him.

“You remember that time?” “What time?” “When we were in kindergarten”

-Flashback-

It was a bright day at the kindergarten. The 5-year-old Yubin was playing at the sand box alone when a shadow fell over her. She looked up only to meet a small white flower held out to her. She tilted her head to look at the owner of the hand.

The 6-year-old Jihoon stood there, trying to avoid her eye gaze. “For you” he mumbled. “I like you, Yubin”

Yubin stood and snorted. She snatched the flower and threw it on the sand. The flower fell on the sand. Jihoon stared at it in disbelieve. “I’ve told you many times, I don’t like you, Jihoon!” she stomped away. Jihoon watched her left with his lips pouted.

-End of flashback-

“You don’t want to accept me back then but look at us now” Jihoon giggled. “Yah” Yubin’s face was already red at recalling the incident. *He did confess to me all the time when we were little that I grew annoyed of him* “So that’s why you had been pranking me”

“Yup. To annoy you” he smiled proudly. *He hasn’t move on since then?* she thought. *Woah! I must have piss him off big time!*

She realised he was staring at her face. “Now your face is not pale anymore” he smiled. “Really” she tried to hide her face as she felt embarrassed at his stare. “What’s wrong with you? You sick?” he asked. “No. I think it’s my panic attack. Sorry if I freak you out” “No. But you sure freak our parents out” “I might need some time to calm down” “Alright then. We can stay here till then”

 

*Those two* Moonbin was staring at Yubin and Jihoon from the window. *Can that punk make a good husband to Yubin?*

“Let’s go” Yubin stood again minutes later. “So we’re good right?” he stood too. “I remember the deal. Don’t worry” she walked inside with Jihoon following her.

The parents looked up.

“You okay, Yubin?” Mr. Bae asked. “Of course, appa” Yubin replied. “Maybe just too tired”

“You should take care of yourself more, Yubin” Jihoon suddenly caressed her head. “I’ve told you many times not to overwork yourself”

Yubin forced a laughed. She took his hand off her head. “I’m sorry. Next time, it won’t happen”

“Enough being love birds, you two” Mrs. Bae smirked at their action and stood. “Let’s all have lunch”

All of them gathered at the dining table. Before Jihoon could go, Yubin yanked his wrist. “Don’t you dare touch me” she warned. He smirked. “Sorry I can’t promise that” “I see that you’re enjoying it” “I only enjoy whatever that can annoy you” he smiled and left her.

Jihoon pulled a chair for Yubin. “Thank you” she faked a smile and sat. He sat beside her. “You two look good together! Honey, why don’t you do the same to me?” Mrs. Park pulled her husband’s sleeve. They laughed at her attempt on aegyo at that age. “Min, you never change” Mr. Bae said. “She never change. That’s why I love her” Mr. Park smiled at his wife. Jihoon smiled at his happy parents. *Now I know how Jihoon is good at his words* Yubin thought.

 

 

Jihoon ate a slice of the beautifully decorated vanilla cake. His eyes widened in surprise. “Mmm! Your cake is yummy, Aunty!” he looked at Mrs. Bae. “Really?” she chuckled. “Actually Yubin is the one who made it”

“Really??!” Jihoon gaped as he turned to face her. Yubin mustered a smile.

“I see Jihoon will become bigger in the future. His fiancée can cook well” Mr. Park spoke and looked at Yubin. She replied him with a smile. Jihoon ignored the whole conversation as he was enjoying the cake.

 

The families finished eating. Everyone went back to the living room. Yubin was at the kitchen sink, washing the dishes. Mrs. Park came with her plates.

“Aunty, it’s okay. Let me wash it for you” Yubin offered. “Oh. Is it okay with you?” “Of course. It’s my duty in this house” Mrs. Park held the plates to Yubin. “Thank you, Yubin” “You’re welcome”

Mrs. Park leaned against the counter. “You and Jihoon seems close” “No” Yubin answered. “Not really. We often just bump into each other” “Oh, I see. Since did you two know each other?” “We had been in the same school since kindergarten. That’s how I know him” “Really? I never know. Yubin, since my son is your fiancé and you are going to be my daughter-in-law, are you okay with marrying him?”

Yubin paused at her question for a while but then she nodded. “I will marry him. Since Aunty, Uncle and my parents had planned this from the beginning”

Mrs. Park smiled. “I don’t think I want to hear your answer now. I’ll wait for the time that you’ll answer that question without hesitation. And for me to tell me that you’ll marry Jihoon for he is, not because of our friendship”

*She sees me hesitated!* Yubin thought. “Aunty, I’m sorry…”

“No don’t be. I’m not mad at you. Yubin, I’m a woman too so I know how it must feel to suddenly marry someone you don’t love as lover. This marriage takes time. And I want you to take your time considering this marriage. Whether you want to proceed or not, we’ll be okay with it. As long as you and Jihoon are happy”

Yubin was stunted. *That’s so kind of her!* She stopped washing the dishes and bowed to her. “Thank you, Aunty. For being so understanding and considerate of my situation” Mrs. Park smiled and patted her shoulder before joined the others at the living room.

“Woah! She’s so cool! Swag!” Yubin voiced to herself.

 

Yubin went to the living room and saw Jihoon was chatting with her father. Mr. Bae’s laughter could be heard. *It’s a relive that he’s good with appa* she smiled. Mrs. Park patted an empty seat beside her on the couch. “Come, sit here, Yubin”

Yubin joined her. “Aunty, may I ask something?”

“Sure. What is it?” “How can you know my parents? I’m really curious about your friendship” “Oh. We’ve been friends since high school. We became close when your appa introduced me to my husband and my husband introduced your omma to your appa” “Woah! That is interesting!” “That’s why we trust each other and promised to pair our children together” “Oh. Now I know how your friendship can last for years. Anyway, Aunty. Do my parents look the same now compared to the past?”

Mrs. Park looked at Mrs. Bae then to Mr. Bae.

“Your appa gain more weight… well, that’s understandable because your omma is a good cook. Your mother is…well, she looks more like you in the past” “I wish I can see their faces” Yubin giggled. “I might just laugh at their old pictures”

“Ask your omma later. I bet she kept them with her” “Yea. She hid it well. She doesn’t want me and Moonbin to laugh at their old looks”

Yubin accidentally glanced at Jihoon.

“Come on, Jihoon hyung! Do you want to lose?” Moonbin teased Jihoon. “There’s no way I’m gonna lose!” Jihoon replied.

Yubin couldn’t stop from agape in surprise at the sight of her twin playing video games with Jihoon at the TV. “Hiya!” Moonbin screamed and defeated Jihoon in the Street Fighter game. Jihoon sighed with a smile.

“It’s good that they able to get along well” Mrs. Bae sat beside Mrs. Park with her eyes still on the boys. Mrs. Park beamed in agreement.

“It’s not fair” Jihoon complained with his mouth pouted. “I only play fair and square, hyung” Moonbin was still celebrating his victory with punching the air. Jihoon stuck his tongue out. “Alright then” Moonbin turned to him. “If you’re not satisfied, let’s do a rematch”

“Game on!” The two males once again immersed in the video game.

Yubin shut her eyes and shook her head. *Don’t tell me my own twin started to like him too*

* * *

Hours later,

“Dong, we should head home now” Mr. Park stood as he finished chat with Mr. Bae. “Already?” “We don’t want to squeeze in the congested traffic. Honey” Mr. Park called his wife. “Home already? Stay a bit longer, you two” Mrs. Bae smiled. “It’s not that we’ll never meet again, Chanmi” Mrs. Park stood while talking to Mrs. Bae. “In fact, we’ll meet more often because of our children right?”

“Jihoon” Mr. Park called his son who was sitting beside Yubin and chatting with Moonbin. “Already?” Moonbin asked the same question as his father asked and glanced at the clock. “It’s fine. We can chat later” Jihoon stood. Everyone stood.

“Yubin, you have to say goodbye to your fiancé. Don’t miss him too much” hearing to Moonbin’s joke, everyone laughed. “Yah” Yubin whispered with furrowed eyebrows. “Yubin, don’t worry. You can call him whenever you miss him. Do you have his phone number?” Mr. Bae asked. Yubin searched for Jihoon’s name in her phone. “No” “How can you don’t have his number?” She shrugged.

“Give me your phone” Jihoon held out his hand. She held her phone to him. After a few tap, Jihoon gave the phone back. “That’s my number. Try calling it” Yubin called his phone and the contact name appeared on the screen. *Don’t call? He put these words as his name in my phone?* His phone rang and he took his phone from his pocket. Accidentally, his wallet fell out too. *That wallet! I thought it was Minwoo sunbae’s* Yubin hung up her phone and picked the purse up. “Here” “Thanks” Jihoon took it. “That pendant” she mentioned and took out her pendant from her pocket.

“That’s our sign of agreement on your two wedding” Mrs. Park voiced. “The lock will never have any partner other than key”

“Oh. So that’s what it means” Yubin blinked at her key shaped pendant. “Make sure you two keep it well, okay?” Mrs. Park looked at both of them. Yubin nodded with smile. Jihoon ignored his mother and kept his wallet.

“We shall meet again, Dong” Mr. Park patted Mr. Bae on his back. “Sure. Be careful” Mr. Bae followed him to the door. “See you later, Chanmi” Mrs. Park hugged Mrs. Bae. “See you later too. Thank you for visiting us” Mrs. Bae hugged her back.

“Bye, Moonbin. I’m looking forward to play games with you again” Jihoon waved to Moonbin. “Me too” Moonbin replied.

Jihoon turned to Mr. and Mrs. Bae. “Thank you, Uncle and Aunty” he bowed. “You’re welcome, Jihoon” Mr. Bae replied. Jihoon looked at his mother. Mrs. Park nodded to Yubin. *Argh!* Jihoon turned to face Yubin in front of him. He took her hand.

“See you later, my princess” Jihoon kissed the back of her hand slowly. Yubin was embarrassed and her face grew pink. She forced a smile. “Of course” He let go off her hand.

As the Park family left, Yubin sat at the sofa. She let out a sigh.

“Your fiancé sure is nice. It had been a while since we see him. He’s all grown up now” Mrs. Bae sat beside her. “You’re okay with him right, Yubin?”

“Of course. I’m totally grateful that my fiancé turns out to be someone I know” Yubin mustered a smile. *Sorry for lying, omma*

* * *

Jihoon was laying down on a tree branch while watching a couple at the lake nearby. They were at a park and it was almost sunset. *Please accept her* Jihoon was watching them without them noticing. The male was waiting for the female to receive the flower bouquet he held to her. The girl smiled and accepted the flower. With that, the male embraced her, both smiling. Jihoon smiled as he witnessed them. He got up and jumped off the branch. “My work here is done!”

He walked around the park towards the exit. “Where’s Minwoo?” he looked around but failed to see Minwoo anywhere. His mind suddenly went to Yubin who turned out to be his fiancée. “But a CLOUD member can’t be in love with anyone”