Chapter 12

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“Jihoon” Minwoo who sat on a bench with an ice cream in his hand called Jihoon. “Hey” Jihoon went to him. “Done?” “Yup” “So?” “Well yea I succeed” Jihon shrugged with a proud expression.

“Alright” Minwoo stood and continued to the ice cream. “That’s the fastest record we have in helping with troubled couples. You only took a couple of days. Good” he patted his shoulder. “Well, I guess we’re done for today. See you later”

“Wait”

Minwoo turned to Jihoon again. “Why? Is there a problem?”

“Yea, kind of”

The two walked side by side along the pavement. “I think I need to drop out from CLOUD” “What?!” Minwoo turned to him at his statement. “But you just got into CLOUD”

“I know. But right now” Jihoon paused. “I need to love someone, and that’s against CLOUD rule”

Minwoo smirked and let out a chuckle. Jihoon turned to him in puzzlement. “Why?”

“Finally, you’re telling me this” “You mean?” “Yah, I know it’s you. You gave the letters to Yubin. That’s why you knew about CLOUD all too well. You had been using CLOUD to give her letters. And now that you’re in the CLOUD, it’s easier to send the letter yourself. Am I right?”

“But that’s not the reason I agree to join CLOUD. I thought” Jihoon looked away. “I can help people with the same relationship problem as me”

“But” he turned to Minwoo. “How do you figure out about the letter?”

“I’m the president of CLOUD, of course I know about it. CLOUD just have to keep the sender and receiver identity confidential. So yea” he smirked. “I see your resignation coming”

“So you’re cool with it?” “I can’t tell you to stay in the CLOUD if insist to leave, right? It’s not like I can stop you from falling for someone for you to stay in the CLOUD” Minwoo smirked. “You can leave whenever you want. I can tell the other members”

“Thank you. For understanding my situation” “Just make sure” Minwoo glanced at him. “Take care of Yubin. The three of us had been together since kindergarten but both you and me aren’t close so I don’t know your personality. I hope you can make her happy”

“So you know about the engagement” “Yea Yubin asked me about it but I told her I know nothing about it. Maybe because he suspected me as his fiancé” he chuckled. “That girl”

“So how does it feel? Knowing your fiancé is your childhood crush” Minwoo asked Jihoon. Jihoon burst into laugh. “You know about that too?”

“You must be really happy” “Yup! That I feel I can shout to tell everyone. But she’s the only one who doesn’t notice or want me” “Because she doesn’t know the real you. I know Yubin will look at you. Trust me”

Jihoon’s phone rang. He took it out from his pocket. Minwoo and Jihoon saw the caller’s ID and smiled. “Did she hear us talking about her?” Minwoo asked. “I know right” Jihoon pressed the answer icon.

“Can’t you read my ID in your phone?” Jihoon was being sarcastic with Yubin. “It’s written ‘Don’t call’!”

“You think I’m that desperate to call you?! Tsk, please!” “Why are you calling?” “Appa asked me to invite you and your family to go to the beach with us this weekend” “Ah. I’ll ask my parents then. Okay bye” he hung up and laughed. Minwoo joined him to laugh. “Yah, you purposely upset Yubin”

“Of course I am. She’s adorable when she’s angry”

 

“Yah!” Yubin grind her teeth. “This jerk!” she threw her phone aside.

* * *

“Everything is ready?” Mr. Bae stood beside the wide open car door. “Almost” Yubin came out from the house with a heavy picnic basket. “Let me help you” Moonbin helped to carry the picnic basket into the car boot. “Done” she closed the car boot loudly. “Wow! Relax, Yubin. Don’t be a hulk just yet” he teased and laughed at her.

“Let’s go now” Mrs. Bae locked the front door of the house. “Okay. Everyone, into the car” Mr. Bae got into the driver seat and started the engine. The rest of the family got into the car. “Are you ready?” Mr. Bae playfully asked his children. “Yeah!” the twin exclaimed happily. With that, Mr. Bae drove the car through the busy road of Seoul and into the highway.

Hours later,

“Honey, wake up” Mr. Bae called as the car was on the road beside the beautiful beach. Mrs. Bae blinked her eyes for a few times and her eyes directly glued to the beach. “Wow! It’s so beautiful!” “Yes. I miss going here with Hun and Min. All of us did come here every summer when we we’re in college”

“Kids, we’re here” he looked at his children from the mirror. The twins were sleeping soundly with Yubin leaning on Moonbin’s shoulder and his head leaning against her head. “Look. They are so cute” Mr. Bae smiled. Mrs. Bae looked to the back. “They are still cute although they have grown up. They’re becoming closer day by day” she turned to her husband. “Don’t you think?”

“Yea I notice it too” “It’s our fault for treating them differently when they were little” “And we’re trying to fix it right?” he touched her hand. “And they are doing their best too. Don’t blame yourself, darling. We realised our mistake in the past. Now let’s focus on fixing it. Okay?”

Mrs. Bae gave him a smile and nodded. “Of course, honey” She then turned to the twins. “Kids, wake up. We’re here” she woke them up. Moonbin blinked his eyes opened and yawned.

“Look” his mother nodded to the sea. He didn’t respond by word but only a nod since he was still half asleep. “Wake Yubin up” At Mrs. Bae words, Moonbin turned to Yubin.

“Yubin-ah” Moonbin poked her puffy cheeks. Yubin yawned and blinked her eyes open. “What is it?” she mumbled. “We’re here” her father replied. “Really?!” she quickly turned to the window. “Woah! It’s the sea!”

Mr. Bae took a corner and entered an empty spot in the car parking area. He stopped the car.

“We’re here” he announced and everyone got out from the car.

Moonbin stretched his body after hours being in the car. Mr. Bae started to unload the car trunk with the help of his wife and Yubin.

A car horn was heard and they all turned to the source of the sound.

"There they are. Perfect timing" Mr. Bae smiled to Mr. Park who was driving the car. The Park family car parked at the empty spot beside the Bae family car.

"Hi, everyone" Mr. Park got off the car after he had turned off the engine and greeted them. "Hello" Yubin and Moonbin bowed to the couple. Jihoon got off the car and bowed to Mr. and Mrs. Bae. "Hi, Yubin" Jihoon smiled to Yubin. She looked at him. *Oh! I forgot! The act* He winked to her before his father called him from the back of the car.

"You're happy now, I presume" Moonbin walked pass Yubin. "Hahaha, Moonbin" she tried to smile. “Anyway” he glanced at her. “How does your friends react? Did you tell them about Jihoon?”

“Of course. And they are surprised. I mean really surprised!” “I bet no one see this coming” “You bet”

The two families got onto the beach and set their things onto the sandy beach.

"Whoa! Beach!" Moonbin spread out his arm toward the sea and felt breeze brushed his cheeks. Yubin stood beside him with smile. "It had been a while since we swim in the sea" He nodded to her statement. She closed her eyes and tried to feel the warm breeze brushing her negative mood away. But she thought it too fast. A straw hat was worn onto her head by someone. She turned around and saw Jihoon. He smiled at her with his hand on the hat on her head.

"This suits you. I'm good at picking the right colour for you" he smiled. "You bought for me? Thanks" Yubin faked a smile. "Oh! You two looks good together" Moonbin voiced. "Really? I'm glad you say that" Jihoon slung his arm to her neck. He smiled at her. *Smile, you fool!* his hand pinched her cheek. Want it or not, Yubin plastered a smile on her lips.

"Moonbin!" Mrs. Bae waved Moonbin over from the mat they brought for the picnic.

"Nae, omma!” Moonbin waved at them before went to his mother. "What is it?" he asked Mrs. Bae. "Let them be alone. You help me here" she nodded to Jihoon and Yubin.

"Ehem" Yubin cleared on purpose and glared at Jihoon. "Do you mind?" her gazed fell onto his arm on her neck. "Wait!" he took out his phone. "What do you want?" "What do I want? This is my parents 'mission'. Smile" he ordered while smiling to his front camera of phone. "What?!" she asked in disbelieved.

"I just want to take your picture. In order to make us closer, my parents asked me to take pictures together with you. Don’t get me wrong okay? I’m not that desperate to take your picture" "You really-" "Shut up! 1,2" he started to count. Like it or not, Yubin smiled for the camera.

Jihoon looked at the picture he took and nodded.

"Whether in picture or not, you still look ugly" he stuck out his tongue and ran away. Yubin grind her teeth in anger and chased him.

"Those two looks good together" Mrs. Park praised as she sat beside Mrs. Bae who was watching them too. Mrs. Bae beamed. "You'll never know your long last friend is actually your fiancé" "What do you mean?" "Yubin told me that she and Jihoon had went to the same school since kindergarten" "Oh really? I never know" she continued to stare at her daughter.

"Come here, you two! Let's eat!" Mr. Park beckoned Jihoon and Yubin who almost caught Jihoon. She quickly put her arm down. "Okay, Uncle" she replied back and gave Jihoon a sharp glare. She was about to walk to the picnic mat when Jihoon grabbed her wrist and turned her to face him. "Remember. If my parents know we're not that close in reality. I'll kill you" he warned. "Tsk. Please. I'm not scared of you" "You'll be sorry if anything bad happen in both of our family. Now, smile" he plastered a smile and walk to their parents with his hand entwined to Yubin’s.

*He's really a jerk!* Yubin swore in her mind.

"What's wrong just now, Yubin?" Mr. Park asked. "Nothing big. Jihoon just-" Yubin tried to answer but Jihoon squeezed her hand telling her to be silent. "I was just teasing her. She got angry when I said she's ugly. Hahahaha, Yubin, you’re the prettiest girl I ever saw" Jihoon smiled to her. Yubin’s face turned red.

*Bae Yubin! What's with you?! You know it's just his act!* she thought.

"Jihoon just can't stop teasing people. Just like his father" Mrs. Park smiled to Mr. Park. The married couple exchanged smiles. Jihoon smiled at the sight of his happy parents. Yubin stared at his face.

"Everyone, let's eat" Mrs. Bae's voice brought them back to reality. "Sit with me" Jihoon pulled Yubin's hand to sit beside him on the picnic mat.

*Looks like he really wants to see his parents happy* she stared at his face.

He noticed her stare.

"What is it, Yubin? Is there something wrong?" She shook her head in reply. Jihoon looked at the food in front of him. "Do you want some?" Yubin held a food container full of tuna and cheese sandwiches to him. He stared at her and the sandwiches after one another.

*If he tried hard to make his parents happy, then I should do too* she thought. Slowly, Jihoon took the sandwiches and memory suddenly hit him.

-Flashback-

The five-years-old Jihoon stood in front of the closed door of his class at the kindergarten. He stared at the rain fell from the building roof with his black hair fell over his eyes. His clothes were dirty after he played so hard during school time. He was alone.

*Where are mom and dad? Maybe I should wait just a little while* he sat on the floor. He brought his legs into his embrace with his eyes watching the rain. A set of footstep was heard. He looked up and saw the four-year-old Yubin was walking toward him. They exchanged glares.

"Why are you still here?" he asked. "It's raining; can't you see? How am I supposed to go home?" she answered in annoyed tone and sat near him. There was a dead silent. Only the rain sound could be heard but a stomach growling disturbed the harmony scene.

*I'm really hungry* Jihoon bit his lips with his hands on his growling stomach.

"Yah" Yubin voice calling him could be heard. He turned to her. A food container with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was held to him. "You can eat it" she said with her usual expression. "I ate one already" "You sure?" he held out his hand to take it. She nodded. "Thank you" he took the sandwich and enjoyed it.

 

 

"Yubin!" They heard a voice calling Yubin and looked up. "Moonbin" Yubin called and stood. The four-year-old Moonbin was on his bike with his leg propped on the road for him to stay stand on the bike. He was wearing a rain coat over his clothes. Yubin quickly took out her pink colored rain coat from her school bag and wore it. She ran to Moonbin who was waiting for her.

"Sorry that I'm late" Moonbin said to Yubin who was climbing onto the seat behind him. "It's okay" she replied short. Moonbin started to paddle off, leaving the kindergarten site.

"How's your day?" Moonbin asked. The rain poured down onto their rain coats. "Great" "Did you eat your sandwich?" "Yes" "Is the sandwich enough for you? I should have made a pair of sandwiches for you"

Yubin thought about the only sandwich she brought that she had given to Jihoon. Instead of her eating the sandwich, she had given it to him. "No. It's already enough for me" she lied.

-End of Flashback-

Without Jihoon and Yubin knowing, both of them were locking eyes with their minds to the incident that happen years ago.

"You two" Moonbin called and took their attention. They looked at him. "Please, no romantic scene in front of the food okay?” his word received laughter. Jihoon laughed heartlessly while Yubin faked a smile.

 

 

 

"Yubin, come here! Let's play" Moonbin called. He was playing volleyball with his father and Mr. Park. Yubin who was strolling while looking at the sea shook her head to them. "No it's okay" she voiced back. He nodded and continued to play. Yubin continued to watch the scenery with her long hair followed the movement of breeze.

"I'm going to join them" Jihoon stood after munching some crackers his mother had bought. Mrs. Park and Mrs. Bae nodded in reply. Jihoon walked to Moonbin but his steps stopped as he saw Yubin was sitting on the beach while holding on to her feet. It was bleeding.

"Yubin!" Jihoon called and ran to her. His voice caught the family attention. Yubin was groaning in pain. "What happen?" he knelt before her with panic face. Without a word, Yubin pointed to a shattered bottle she had accidentally stepped on. She winched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi, readers~! Firstly, thank u for reading my story n gave it so much love~ Anyway, I plan to update 2 chapters every weekend. I'll try to stick to the plan so please look forward for the update. Thank u n lots of love :D