Chapter 7

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

“STRIKE!” Hayoung punched the air as she managed to topple all the pins. Seoyeon and Yubin who was watching her clapped. The girls were at the bowling alley.

“Not bad for a first timer!” Yubin high-fived Hayoung. “I know right” Hayoung was being proud of herself. Yubin rolled her eyes. She got ready as it was her turn.

Yubin stood with the ball in her hand. The ball glided through the alley but went into the gutter.

“Argh!” she fell onto her knees and knocked the floor, acting frustrated.

“Aigo” Seoyeon laughed. She was already holding a ball. “Now move away. Let me show how pro plays”

Hayoung and Yubin turned to her and gave her a wry smile. Next, the girls had brunch at the new restaurant they had planned to go. And they visited other shops, window shopping.

“Yay! Karaoke!” Seoyeon pulled both Hayoung and Yubin into the karaoke room. Seoyeon sang loudly. Yubin clapped and in charge of the instrument while Hayoung joined Seoyeon to sing and danced crazily. They enjoyed themselves to the max on that day.

After hours of singing and screaming, they exited the karaoke room. Hayoung glanced at her watch. “Should we call it a day?”

“Yea. We should head home now” Yubin agreed. “All of us are taking the bus right?” “Yup” Seoyeon replied.

They girls headed to the bus stop. Yubin looked at Hayoung and Seoyeon who were focusing at their conversation. *Should I tell them about my engagement?* she thought and paused for a bit. *Yea maybe I should*

“Hey-“

“The bus is here” Seoyeon stood along with Hayoung. A bus stopped in front of them and the three of them boarded the bus.

“How do you enjoy today?” Hayoung who sat alone turned around to Yubin and Seoyeon who sat behind her. Seoyeon gave her a thumb up. “Superb!”

“Yubin?” Seoyeon turned to Yubin. Yubin glanced at Seoyeon then to Hayoung. “Of course I like it!”

“Really? That’s great!” Hayoung smiled. She leaned against the window. “We really wish you could enjoy yourself even for a while today. You seem a bit down lately, Yubin”

“Me? Down?” Yubin furrowed her eyebrows.

“We can see it, Yubin. We had been friends for years” Seoyeon said. “Though you tried to keep a smile on your face, we know deep inside, you have some problem”

“Some problem that you didn’t share with us. Care to share it?” Hayoung spoke.

“You girls” Yubin looked at both Hayoung and Seoyeon. She smiled a melancholic smile. “You’re amazing. Able to see that emotion through me”

“So we’re right. Tell us. What is it that bothering you? Is it Jihoon?” “What? No. Well, I’ve been debating with myself whether to tell you or not. But here it goes”

Hayoung and Seoyeon kept their eyes on Yubin. “I’m engaged. I have a fiancé”

“WHAT?!” the girls replied in sync. They looked around and luckily, no one was on the bus except them. “You mean for real?!” Hayoung asked. “Fiancé as in the one who you’ll marry?!” Soyeon asked this time.

“Yup” Yubin smiled. “Woah Daebak!” Hayoung covered her widened mouth. “Now it makes sense when you say you never have any crush on anyone”

“Hayoung though you like girls” “Yah!” Hayoung quickly covered Soyeon’s mouth when she said that. “Yah, I’m still sane” Yubin laughed.

“So who is this lucky guy?” Seoyeon wiggled her eyebrows. Hayoung and Seoyeon looked at Yubin, anticipating her answer. To their surprise, Yubin shrugged. “I don’t know”

“What do you mean you don’t know? It’s your future husband” Hayoung said. “We never met” Yubin answered. “That’ why I don’t know who he is, how he looks like”

“You’re marrying a total stranger, girl” “Not really. He’s the child of my parents’ friend. So yea. My parents had promised with their friends. So yeah”

“And you just cool with it?” Seoyeon asked.

“He might be someone nice, right?” “Woah, I wonder where you get all that positive vibes, Yubin”

“No worry. If he ever wrong you” Hayoung threw her punch into her other palm. “Bring him to us. We’ll shut him up forever”

“Yea, she’s right” Seoyeon nodded in agreement. “You two are scary” Yubin chuckled.

“But I’m meeting him for the first time this summer” she announced.

“Meeting him?!” Hayoung and Seoyeon shrieked. “This is huge!”

“Yah, you need to tell us everything about him later when you meet him” Seoyeon said. “Totally!” Hayoung nodded.

“Of course I will” Yubin replied. “You’re the earliest person who needs to know about him”

The bus stopped at the next stop.

“See you later, Yubin” Hayoung and Seoyeon waved at Yubin. “Bye. Thank you, you two” Yubin waved until they got off the bus.

Yubin got off the bus two stops away. She walked through the busy night city. Her eyes went to the display of shops as she walked. Loud music from club disturbed her though.

*Why am I using this road again? Ah, shortcut* She took a corner where most clubs were. *It’s so loud here!* she pulled her red hoodie over her head and her steps increased its speed.

“Look who we have here? A lost red riding hood”

Yubin spun herself around. Two unknown men stood behind her. *Uh-oh* she gulped and took a step back. Her eyes wandered around to look for escape route. And saw she took the wrong turn into a dead silent street. The men grinned at her. Their clothes were messy.

“Come on. Join us” one of them approached Yubin and slung his arm to her. “We’ll show you the way to fun”

“No it’s okay” Yubin tried to politely ward his arm off her and escape. “Oops! Not so fast, red riding hood” the guy yanked on her wrist. She struggled to free herself but his grip was too strong. “Let me go!”

“The red riding hood is angry” the other man jeered. He bent down to her face. Their faces were close that she could smell he was reeked of alcohol. “Let us have some fun with you, okay? Then we’ll let you go unharmed”

“Don’t think so” she narrowed her eyes and stomped on the other guy’s foot. The guy accidentally let go off her. Yubin ran away from them.

She glanced back to see the two of them were chasing her.

*What am I going to do now?!* she looked ahead to see she was running towards a speeding car. Her eyes widened. Her foot quickly paced into a nearby alley.

Yubin halted. Her eyes glued to the wall before her. *Dead end?!*

“There you are”

She turned to the voice. *Damn it! They caught up to me!* The men were behind her. They approached and cornered her. Yubin’s eyes wandered around in panic. Her heart beat was loud. She kept walking backward that her back met the wall.

“No use trying to escape from us, red riding hood. We know every route here” one of them voiced. He bent down to her. “You don’t look familiar. Not from our school, I guess. Or is it just me? Yah, Ungjae” the guy called the other. The other guy, Ungjae stepped closer to her and searched her face. “You’re right. Maybe from other school”

“Anyway” Ungjae grabbed her wrist and pinned her to the wall. “Let me just have some fun, will you?”

“You’re being too impatient” the other replied. Ungjae turned to him. “You plan to take her somewhere else, Sang?”

“Of course. A place where we can have more fun” Sang smirked at Yubin. Her eyes widened and she struggled to free herself. “Let me go! I’m going to shout if you not going to let me go!”

“Go on” Ungjae dared her. “I can shut your y lips with mine if you do so” he traced his finger to her lips that sent cold shiver down her spine.

“Let her go!”

A voice made the three of them turned to the entrance of the alley. A figure of a guy stood there. The light masked his face in shadow.

“Look who’s here” Sang voiced. “Peter Pan came to rescue the little red riding hood”

“You think you can take her away right, Lee Minho?”

The guy, Lee Minho didn’t reply. His eyes shifted to her. Yubin tilted her head to Minho. *I thought it’s Lee Minho the actor*

“You always show up like that” Ungjae sneered. “What a coward”

“Calling me a coward” Minho smirked as he approached them. “At least I don’t use someone to satisfy my lust”

“Yah! Watch your ing mouth if you want to live!” Ungjae grabbed him by the collar. Minho flexed his neck and kicked him on his leg, causing Ungjae to double over. Minho quickly grabbed Yubin by her hand.

“Watch out!” Yubin’s eyes widened as Sang flew in the air to kick Minho. Unfortunately, the kick hit Minho on his back. Minho fell on the asphalt. But he didn’t stay on the asphalt for long when Sang and Ungjae both pulled him up and pinned him to the wall. Sang went and pulled Yubin to stand beside him.

“Why are you wasting your time, Minho?” Sang asked. “This chick is ours and you can do nothing about it” he turned to Yubin. “You’re mine” he whispered. A cold petrified shiver ran down her spine.

“Damn it!” Minho hissed and punched Ungjae on his face that made Ungjae fell backward. Minho threw a punch to Sang. Sang doubled over and let go off Yubin’s hand.

“RUN!” Minho yelled. He grabbed her wrist and they both sprinted off there.

“YOU’RE NOT GETTING AWAY, MINHO!”

Minho and Yubin glanced back to see Sang and Ungjae were chasing her. “Hurry up!” Minho pulled her to run faster. Their steps fasten.

Suddenly,

“Wait!” Yubin stopped. Her right sneaker fell off her foot. She bent down and grabbed it. “What are you doing?!” Minho panicked and grabbed her arm to run again. They continued to run.

“Ah!” Yubin once again stopped. Minho turned to her. “What is it?”

Yubin lifted her bare foot. They both saw her bleeding foot.

“Damn it!” Minho snorted. “Bear with it for a while” his eyes looked around to see if Sang and Ungjae were still chasing them.

“I’ll try. Let’s go” Yubin replied.

“Don’t run!” Sang’s voice echoed. Minho’s eyes widened. He grabbed her arm and they continued to run.

 

Minho glanced back. Ungjae and Sang were still there. “When will they stop chasing us?”

“The bus!” Yubin took his attention. A bus was about to close its door.

“Wait!” she yelled. Both Minho and her boarded the bus. “Ahjussi! Hurry close the door!” she told the bus driver. The bus driver realised the two were being chased by Ungjae and Sang.

The bus departed. Minho and Yubin watched Ungjae and Sang gave up chasing them. The two let out a sigh of relieve.

“That was so close!” Minho joined Yubin who sat at the back of the bus. Not many people were on the bus. “Are your foot okay?” he sat on a seat near her.

“I’m fine” she mustered a smile. They looked at her bleeding foot that have blood dripping off it. Yubin shut her eyes to bear the pain. “Maybe I step on something sharp”

Minho searched for handkerchief in his pocket but failed to find one. Yubin took out her bandana from her bag. He took it without a word and started to help bandaged the wound with the bandana.

“There. Don’t cry” Minho hesitated at first but patted her back as he noticed she was crying silently. Yubin stared down at her blood stained hand. She was about to wipe her tears with her arm.

“Can I-“ Minho voiced. She lifted her chin to him. He held out his hand to wipe her tears. They met eyes.

“Thank you” she composed herself. “Don’t mention” Minho leaned into his seat. “Where will you stop?”

“The next stop” she replied. “I’ll accompany you home” “No it’s okay. I can go home myself” “Can you? With that injured foot?”

She couldn’t reply. For the rest of the ride, they were silent. The bus stopped. Yubin stood but Minho walked ahead of her. She was about to get off bus but stopped. Minho was standing in front of the door.

“Do you want me to carry you?”

“What?” her face grew warmer. “No. It’s okay” she looked away.

The bus departed.

*Why is this killing me?* she winched and looked at her foot. The sting still hasn’t leave the wound.

Without a word, Minho took her arm and slung it to his neck. Her eyes widened. He pulled her closer and held onto her waist. “If you don’t want me to carry you, at least let me help you walk”

Her cheeks started to burn. “Alright then” she replied slowly he could barely hear her.

They whole walking was pretty quiet. The two had met eyes for a few times but both automatically looked away. *Why is this so awkward?!*

“So you live around here? But I don’t think I’ve see you around” Minho voiced. “Yea. I went to school quite far from here” “Why don’t you attend the school here?” “I don’t want to leave my friends. They went to other school so I thought of attending with them. Though I have to commute for half an hour, I don’t mind”

 

“We’re here” Yubin announced. Minho stared at the house from top to bottom. He helped her to stand at the door step. She pressed the passcode and opened the door.

Upon hearing the door opened, Moonbin who was at the living room looked up.

“That must be Yubin. See? I told you she’ll be home, omma” he smiled to Mrs. Bae beside him. He ran to the door. “Yubin-ah, where have you been? Omma is worried of you”

He stopped as he saw she leaned against the door. Yubin gave him a weak smile. “Yah, what happen?!” he panicked. Moonbin saw her injured foot. He quickly took her arm and slung it to his neck. And he saw Minho behind the door. “HYUNG?!”

Yubin furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Minho and Moonbin one after another in confusion. “You two know each other?”

“Hi” Minho waved at Moonbin with a small smile. “This is Minho hyung. He is my friend from the next class” Moonbin replied. “What are you doing here, hyung?”

“He helped me just now” Yubin answered. “She ran into some jerks” Minho added.

“Really? Thank you very much, hyung” Moonbin bowed a few times. “Don’t mention” Minho replied. His eyes landed on Yubin. “Moonbin-ah, I think you should bring her inside first. We’ll talk later at school”

“Ah, right!” Moonbin chuckled. “I forgot about Yubin” he turned to her. “Sorry”

*Oh. That’s her name. I never ask* Minho thought. *So she’s his sister?*

“Thank you, Minho-ssi” Yubin said. Her face was red in embarrassment. “You’re welcome” he replied before turning to Moonbin. “Your sister?”

“We’re twins” Moonbin replied. “Ah I see. Well, I’ll take my leave then” “See you tomorrow, hyung”

They watched Minho walked away.

“Come let’s get that treat” Moonbin helped Yubin to walked into the house.

Upon seeing Yubin walked limply, Mrs. Bae stood and ran to her. “Omo! What happen?!” They helped her to sit on the sofa.

“I just stepped on something sharp” Yubin replied. “Aigo, poor my little girl” Mrs. Bae caressed her head. “You’re home?” Mr. Bae got down from the stairs. “What happen?! You okay, dear?” his steps fasten.

“I’m okay, appa. I just stepped on something sharp” Yubin replied.

Moonbin came with a small basin of warm water and towel. He helped wiped the dried blood on her foot.

“Thank you, Moonbin” she smiled when they met eyes. He smiled in reply as he bandaged her feet.

“Your omma was so worried of you” Mr. Bae voiced. “I was about to go out to look for you”

“I’m sorry for making all of you worried. I forgot to call” Yubin smiled sheepishly. “It’s okay” Mrs. Bae caressed her head. “As long as you’re alright”