Chapter 40

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

                Yubin walked through the hallway of the hospital. She pushed open the door. Moonbin turned to her with a smile. “Hey” he was placing freshly bought flowers into the vase. “Don’t have class today?”

“No. Hayoung said she’ll drop by after she finished class later” “Ah I see”

                Yubin put down the paper bag she bought before went to the unconscious Mrs. Bae. She smiled to her. “Hi, omma”

“How’s she? Did the doctor say anything?” she turned to Moonbin. “Still recovering” he replied. Her smile was bittersweet. “He said that every day. And I want to believe it. Although it had been days already”

“What’s this?” Moonbin bent over to the paper bag she had bought. “I made you some breakfast” she replied. “Woah!” he quickly took it to the table, ready to dig in. “I’m going home later. Why bother taking the food here?”

“I thought maybe you’re starving. Since appa said you didn’t have dinner last night” “Appa knew?” he glanced at her. “Why aren’t you eating?” “Yah” he lifted his head to her. “You know buying food require money”

“You ran out of money?” “No” he took out the utensil and prepared to eat. “We need to save up. To pay for omma’s treatment”

“Ah, right” she glanced at Mrs. Bae. “It’s okay. I can provide some”

“You have money?” he already digs in the food. “I have some that I saved up for years. In case emergency like this happen” “Or is it for your wedding?”

                Yubin lifted her head to Moonbin. “I never thought about it for years”

“Really? Even about Jihoon hyung?” “That person also. It had been years since I think about him. Even think about his name”

“Why wouldn’t you think about your wedding, Yubin?” a hand grabbed Yubin’s hand.

                Moonbin and Yubin’s eyes widened. Their heads snapped to the owner of the faint weak voice.

“Omma!”

                Mrs. Bae gave them a smile. Yubin held her hand tightly and couldn’t lift her head anymore as she cried. Moonbin ran to stand beside the bed. “You okay, omma?”

                Mrs. Bae nodded with a smile. “Aigo, these two” she chuckled.

“I should call the doctor” he ran out the room.

                Mrs. Bae turned to Yubin. She caressed her head. Yubin lifted her head to her. “Omma”

“I must have made everyone worry. I’m sorry” “Ani, omma” she wiped her tears. “Omma” she whined as she noticed Mrs. Bae broke into tears too. Yubin hugged her mother tightly.

*             *             *

                That night, the whole family gathered at the ward. Mr. Bae embraced his wife. “I’m really worried of you. Thank goodness you’re awake”

“You’re making me blushing” Mrs. Bae chuckled with tears streamed down her cheeks.

                Yubin and Moonbin were watching them with smile.

 

                Yubin helped Mrs. Bae to have dinner. Moonbin was sitting on the bed with his mother. She fed her. Mrs. Bae enjoyed her dinner with smile. “This is just like old time. But this time you’re the one who feed me”

“We can do this often, omma” Moonbin voiced. “Aigo” Mrs. Bae nudged him on his waist. “You’re busy with class. Of course you can’t. When are you returning to your campus?”

“I’m not returning” “What?” “I don’t want to. I’ll postpone my study, no big deal. As long as I can stay with omma” he clings arms with Mrs. Bae that made her chuckled. “Okay okay”

                Mrs. Bae turned to Yubin. “I almost forgot. What about your performance the other day?”

“Ah that” Yubin put down the spoon. She mustered a smile. “I couldn’t perform. I’m sorry I couldn’t perform one of your favourite piece”

“Ani. I’m the one who should apologise” “Omma, don’t worry. I’ll play it for you. There’s another concert I can attend. Another competition. I promise I’ll play them”

                Mrs. Bae gave her a warm smile and caressed her head. “What a good daughter I have. Thank you”

                After they had dinner, Mrs. Bae had been staring out the window.

“What are you thinking, omma?” Yubin pulled the chair and sat beside the bed. “About future” she replied. “Although I don’t have much time left”

“Omma” Yubin took her hand. “Don’t say that”

“But given the chance to be sick and time limit, I’m thankful. Now I know. I should appreciate my time with everyone more. I want to do everything I had been procrastinate to do. Do everything that I had dream off, everything that I want. So” Mrs. Bae turned to Yubin. “Basically you can say that I’m making my to-do list”

“Don’t worry, omma. I can help make your dream comes true. All of us will help”

“But Yubin” “Nae” “One of the top item listed is”

Mrs. Bae paused, battling with herself whether to say the word or not.

“What is it? Holiday?” “No. It’s seeing your wedding”

                Her words made Yubin lost for word. Mrs. Bae once again turned to the window. “I’m thinking ‘Before I leave this world, what is the thing I wish to do most’ and my mind just quickly answered. It’s your wedding”

“Omma” “I know it’s a huge request” Mrs. Bae chuckled. “I’m not making any sense”

“No, omma”

                Mrs. Bae turned to Yubin. “I can do it” Yubin spoke. “I can get marry early. No biggie”

“I see you do have your saving for your wedding” “Actually I am” Yubin chuckled. “But just one problem”

“I haven’t contact Jihoon for years”