Chapter 16

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

"Let's go!" Hayoung punched the air and ran to the beautiful beach. "Hayoung! Wait for us!" Seoyeon chased her. Seoyeon, Hayoung and Yubin were having a great time at the beach. Hayoung ran into the sea and followed by other girls. They splashed water at each other.

"Attack Yubin!!" Seoyeon declared and splashed water to Yubin followed by other. "Yah! Yah! Stop it!" Yubin shouted between her laughter.

The girls swam at the sea for hours. Seoyeon was sunbathing on the beach.

"Look at Seoyeon. Hey Yubin, here" Hayoung beckoned Yubin to come closer to her and listened to her whisper. After a short discussion,

"Okay!" Yubin nodded and giggled. They nodded and tried hard to hold back their laugh. Slowly, they stood and tip toed to Seoyeon.

"Now!" Hayoung shouted. Hayoung grabbed Seoyeon's arms while Yubin grabbed her legs.  "What are you guys doing?! Put me down!!" Seoyeon demanded. They laughed and brought her to the sea. "3, 2, 1!" Hayoung ordered and with that, Seoyeon was thrown into the salty water of sea. Both Yubin and Hayoung high fived each other with laugh.

Seoyeon stood again with her whole body drenched. She narrowed her eyes at them. "You'll pay for this!" she splashed water to them. They screamed and laughed while splashing and pushing each other into the water.

 

After hours of spending time at the beach, they got changed and got ready to head home. Yubin were piling up the used plates and Seoyeon was helping her.

"How can't I notice your presence at the park when I'm with Jihoon?" Yubin asked. "How can you notice? You’re busy with your Jihoon at that time" Seoyeon smirked. "I was just studying with him. And to whom did you send the pictures to?" "Hayoung only" "But how can Eunwoo got the picture too?" "Oh right. I sent it to him too" "Why did you do that??" "I thought he's your close friend and he should know about you" Yubin heaved a sigh.

"I'm just shy to tell him. That's all. By the way, don’t post the picture anywhere. I don’t want anyone to know about us" "Sure"

 

The girls sat at the shoreline while watching the sunset.

"You know what? I had to visit my grandmother in two weeks and Jihoon had to come with me" Yubin stated. "Seriously? That's a wow!" Hayoung replied. "You got to tell us what happen with you two there"

"Nothing extra ordinary will happen. I'm sure" "Okay. We should just wait and see" Seoyeon replied and changed her view to the sea.

"I hope you two will get along together" Seoyeon smiled while looking at the sunset. The other girls looked at her. Noticing their gazes, she looked at them.

"What? I just want the best for my friend" she shrugged.

*             *             *

Yubin was wearing her heels.

"Omma, I'm going" she spoke. "Okay. Be careful" Mrs. Bae advised and waved her. "I will" Yubin waved and exited the house.

Moonbin watched Yubin as she walked away from his room window. He typed something on his phone and then looked at her again.

Yubin walked to the bus stop.

"Going on a date?" a familiar voice was heard. Yubin looked up and met eyes with Minho. He sat beside her with smile.

"Date? You've got to be kidding me" she chuckled. "Just spending time with friend"

"It's okay if it's a girl" he leaned back. "No. I'm going out with my male friend" "What? Another guy?" Minho pretended to be surprise. "Just close friends, Minho oppa" she smiled.

"So where are you heading?" she asked. "Supermarket. Our home need some grocery. My relatives are paying their visits. Ah! I need to buy lots of candy!” he took out his phone and added another item into the checklist.

“Why candy?” “Most of my relatives are kids so yea. I need candy” “They’ll be sugar-rush” “Yeap I know. Isn’t that great? We can play till dawn”

                Yubin chuckled at his intention.

After a ride on the bus with Minho, Yubin walked to the train station. She rode the train and stopped two stations away. She waited for Eunwoo at the station.

"Yubin!" Eunwoo waved at her from afar. He wore a white short-sleeve shirt with dark blue trousers. He wore a cap with the brim at the back and his bangs covered his forehead. She waved back. "Good morning!" he smiled. "Good morning" "Ready for shopping?" "Sure!" she beamed. "But can we eat first?" Eunwoo pouted. "Okay. Let's go"

The two walked into a cafe. The scent of coffee filled the vintage style cafe. After ordered and took their orders, Yubin and Eunwoo sat at a table beside the window. The window faced the busy road. Eunwoo enjoyed his pancakes and Yubin enjoyed muffins as their brunch.

Eunwoo held a small piece of pancake to Yubin. "It's good. Try it" he smiled. Yubin opened and he fed her. She munched it and smiled. "It's delicious!"

"Ah, Eunwoo" Yubin called and pointed to his side lips. "You got some on your lips"

"Where?" he his lips but the crumb won’t get off his side lips.

"Here" she held out her hand and wiped the crump from his lips. "Oh. Thanks" Eunwoo replied with a chuckled. "I'm always grubby like a kid"

"Well, you never change" she shrugged.

"Should we go to the game arcade after this?" Eunwoo suggested. "Yeah. It had been a while since we go there together" she replied.

After ate, they headed to the game arcade with smile and laughter. They played various games. Yubin played the car racing game with Eunwoo watched her. He stood beside the driver seat that she was sitting on.

"Faster Yubin!" Eunwoo cheered. Yubin sped off with her teeth grind. "Watch out!" he pulled the steering downward as she almost hit a car in the game. She turned her head and smiled. "Thanks" Their faces were so close. "Sure" he replied.

"Yeah! I win!" Yubin punched the air. "Congratulation!" Eunwoo clapped his hand. They high fived each other.

"Eunwoo, can we go to the indoor ice rink?" Yubin asked. He nodded. "Great idea. In fact, it's a hot summer. Let's go" he took her hand and walked out from the arcade.

They entered the mall and went to the basement level where the indoor ice rink was.

"Let's change to our skates first" Eunwoo said and Yubin followed him to the locker room. After changed and put their bags into the locker, they headed to the rink. The rink was full with families and mostly couples.

"There are so many people here!" Yubin stepped into the rink. "It sure is. Plus, it's summer holiday. People must want to spend time with their loved ones" Eunwoo gave her a sweet smile and entwined their hands. He stepped into the rink and Yubin followed him.

"Wowow!" Yubin almost fall but she caught Eunwoo’s arms. "Careful, Yubin" Eunwoo lips curled into a smile and helped her to stand again. "Sorry. It had been a while since I had skate" "Can you skate by yourself or you want me beside you?" "Let me skate with you for a bit then I think I can skate by myself" "Okay then" Eunwoo took her hand.

They skate together.

"Ready! Go!" Yubin shouted as she and Eunwoo raced from the end part of the rink to the other end of the rink. "Hurry up, Yubin!" Eunwoo beckoned her to run faster as he already waited at the end of the rink. "Eunwoo-ah!" Yubin landed in his arm and laughed. He laughed too.

-Flashback-

"Hurry up, Eunwoo!" the eight-year-old Yubin looked back at the eight-year-old Eunwoo who was panting far behind Yubin. "Wait for me, Yubin!" Eunwoo called as he stopped skating. "You're so slow, Eunwoo. Here" Yubin stopped running and went to him. Eunwoo lowered his head and panting heavily.

Both of their families were skating not far from them.

"Skate with me" Yubin held out her hand to Eunwoo. He lifted his head and a smile formed on his lips. He took her hand. They smiled and skated together. He held her hand tighter.

*I don’t want you to fall, Yubin* Eunwoo thought.

-End of Flashback-

"Argh! I'm tired" Eunwoo stopped his steps and he slid pass Yubin. "I'm tired too. And hungry" she complained. "Me too. Although we ate a lot today" Yubin nodded in agreement.

"Should we go eat?" he asked. "Sure. I feel like eating Japanese" she replied. "Yah! Yah! I'll be broke then" he pinched her nose.

"You remembered when we were little? We came here almost every weekend" Eunwoo asked her as they walked to their shoe lockers. "Yeah. How can I forget?" Yubin stopped in front of her shoe locker. "I remember Moonbin cried when all of us left him on purpose" Eunwoo opened his shoe locker. "Oh that" she halted before heaved a sigh. "Seriously?!"

"What's wrong?" Eunwoo turned to her. She took out a frog rubber doll from her already open shoe locker. "How can that go into there?" he approached her. "Don't worry, Eunwoo. It's just a toy"

"I could smell Jihoon around" Yubin narrowed her eyes. "Jihoon sunbae? You can smell him?" Yubin nodded. "How does he smell?" "Pranks, annoyance" Yubin changed her shoes and went to a nearest litter bin to throw the toy away.

"Prank? I wonder how that smell does" Eunwoo shrugged and changed his shoes.

Eunwoo and Yubin walked out from the ice rink and into the crowded mall.

*Isn't that Jihoon?* Yubin stared at a familiar figure not far in front of them. "Excuse me" she left Eunwoo and tried to approach the person. She walked through the people but stopped when the sight of the familiar figure absence.

"You okay, Yubin? What’s wrong?" Eunwoo caught up to her. "I'm okay. I thought I just saw Jihoon" she answered. "Jihoon? I didn’t see him. What's with you, Yubin? Did you miss him so much already?" "Tsk. Bull! Let's just forget about it" The two continued to walk to a Japanese restaurant.

"That was so close" Jihoon held onto his chest as he hid behind a wall. His phone rang and he answered it. "Yes, Moonbin. They're eating" He waited for the other person to reply. "Okay. I'm coming" he ended the call and looked at the pictures of Yubin and Eunwoo he had took. *I wonder why Moonbin ask me to spy on them. Is it to make me jealous? If he thinks that will work, I guess it quite work* He remembered when Yubin landed into Eunwoo’s arm at the ice rink. Jihoon face reddened. *What am I thinking?!* He shook his head and walked to Yubin’s house.