Art makes me write..

Strawberries&Cigarettes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, my fabulous readers! :)

I know I already finished this story but while on my break, I found this amazing music video that inspired me to write again..

After I watched it my head was like, 'Write, you fool! Write!" and I swear I literally heard my hands cackling 'You'll never be able to resist writing about this'

So here I am, writing the special chapter :) God I'm such a mess haha

Watch this before continuing reading!

https://twitter.com/jsjbjh/status/1199214800758116353

And thank you again @jsjbjh for making this and allowing this beautiful music video the official music video of my story :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to go to the movies this weekend?

 

Joohyun sighed slowly as she read the message to herself.

She knew being nervous over this was ridiculous and yet she couldn't help it.

Just yesterday the last test of her freshman year ended and now since Seulgi was going to become a junior, she always had second thoughts calling her or suggesting what they should do on their dates.

Since she knew Seulgi could never say 'no' to her, Joohyun didn't want to unintentionally burden the younger.

Maybe she should add 'It's fine if you are too tired, we can just stay at home.'?

No, that sounds so obvious and Seulgi might feel worse if she had to decline.

Okay, now all she had to do was to press the send button and all was going to be fine.

Joohyun closed her eyes and yelped as she pressed the send button, not daring to look at her phone until she was sure the message was sent.

The bunny slowly opened one eye and stared at the message which was evidently sent to the younger.

All she could do now was wait.

 

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi was trying hard not to feel too bad relaxing on her couch.

Her finals ended a few days ago which also meant her sophomore year was also over. So she felt giddy and pressured at the same time, not knowing if she was allowed to spend time idling on her couch waiting for Joohyun to call her or message her.

She rested her chin on her hand, lying prone on the couch and stared at the mirror facing her. With her hair tied into a messy bun wearing her comfortable clothes, she wondered if she will look like this forever.

Well, maybe not when she reaches sixty.

Not noticing the message on her phone, Seulgi tapped the camera application and mustered up the most adorable gesture she could make while taking a picture of herself.

But soon feeling a little humiliated, she put down her phone glumly.

It felt so awkward to take a picture of herself without Joohyun next to her.

Seulgi was never the type to take pictures of herself. You can always see yourself in the mirror so why bother?

But Joohyun always insisted on taking pictures and as everyone knows, Joohyun Bae always wins.

Not that she minded. It was rather amusing at first, Joohyun pulling her closer and pulling out her phone just to take a picture of themselves.

"This may be the only way for us to remember this moment." Joohyun had said. "And I want to remember our moments as long as I can."

Remember this moment. Seulgi thought to herself.

But I would rather have you beside me than to remember you're not here with me right now.

Long-distance relationship was never the kind of relationship she wanted to experience.

It was hard trying to dream of Joohyun since that was the only way she could see her face.

And she often felt down whenever she realized Joohyun wasn't there when she turned around.

Most of all, it was tragic she couldn't say her 'big words' to the older in front of her flesh and blood. She always had to say them through text and calls and they were nothing compared to the moments they once shared in their high school days.

And that made Seulgi think about everything that had happened before.

The first month they parted, they often face-timed each other but they had to stop doing it because they always spent hours talking and it even took hours to say good night to each other.

 

"Well.." Joohyun lowered her gaze, noticing that it was already two in the morning. "I guess I should hang up. It's already 2 am."

"Okay," Seulgi replied. "Wow, it's 2 am already? But I feel wide awake."

Joohyun giggled. "Me too."

"I don't want to hang up," Seulgi said as she rested her chin on her hand on the bed. "Am I being too selfish?"

"Not if I feel the same way," Joohyun answered with a grin. "I don't want to hang up either."

"Someone has to hang up first to sleep," Seulgi said with a pout. "So who's it gonna be?"

"Not me," Joohyun said playfully. "You know how stubborn I am."

"And you know how much I am affected by your stubbornness." Seulgi teasingly argued back.

"Then I guess we have no choice," Joohyun said with a shrug.

So they spent the next five hours without hanging up and finally ended the call to take a shower before going to school.

 

Seulgi scrolled through the gallery in her phone and an unfamiliar video caught her eye. She tapped the video in curiosity and realized this was also forcefully taken by the older.

 

"Why are you dancing like that?"

They were in the most famous barbecue restaurant in town after waiting for half an hour but despite the long wait, the older seemed very excited as she directly looked at the camera doing her weird dance.

"We're here for the barbecue!" She exclaimed as she pulled the camera closer to the younger.

"My face is so bloated." Seulgi protested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter