The Best Christmas Ever [Special Chapter]

Strawberries&Cigarettes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was their second time spending Christmas together.

And Seulgi was extra excited since Joohyun just returned home late at night at Christmas eve because of her 'goddamn assignment'.

So she hardly slept on Christmas eve and immediately banged on Joohyun's door in the morning, finding even 20 minutes walking alone to the cafe where they were supposed to meet such a waste.

 

And with a blink of an eye, she ended up in a children's hospital with Yerim by her side, trying to hang the Christmas lights on the pale hospital wall of Jiyoon's patient room while the girl was busy with her treatment.

 

"I want to do something for Jiyoon," Joohyun said nervously, afraid she might upset the younger for not spending time together alone but Seulgi was more surprised than disappointed at the news.

"Jiyoon is here?"

Joohyun nodded, not sure whether to feel glad or sad about it. "Her parents called and told me she was tired of spending the same Christmas over and over again. So they asked me if I could help."

Seulgi knew Joohyun would do anything for Jiyoon who was like a sister to her.

And the younger also knew Joohyun wanted Jiyoon to have everything she couldn't on her childhood days.

So how could she dare to say no?

"What can I do for her?"

 

Meanwhile, at Joohyun's house, Joohyun was busy cooking her very own seaweed soup while Wendy was giving the cookie dough a .

Joy, who was only there for entertainment, reluctantly agreed to wrap the presents for Jiyoon.

"So you're going to spend your Christmas cooking?" Wendy asked in awe. "I thought that was my kind of thing and mine alone."

"I know." Joohyun sighed as she stirred the ladle around the boiling soup. "But I could never say no when it comes to Jiyoon."

"Tell me you at least got a present for her." Joy said as she cut the pink ribbon string. "If my future lover ever makes me work on Christmas I'll certainly dump that person unless my someone gives me a luxury bag."

"Of course I have something for her!" Joohyun exclaimed but bit her lip at Sooyoung's second statement. "But it's not luxury.."

Joohyun was grateful that Seulgi gladly volunteered to help her plan the best Christmas ever for the little girl but she couldn't help but feel a little upset the two of them won't be able to spend Christmas together. Just the two of them.

"How about you tie a ribbon on your head and say," Joy said as she wrapped the pink ribbon string around her head and dramatically paused with a devilish grin. "'Unwrap me'."

"God!" Wendy, who was as flustered as the bunny next to her, threw one of the empty boxes at her friend who was busy laughing her off. "It's been barely a year since we became adults but you're tainted already!" Wendy shook her head in disbelief and turned to her friend who was still blushing in embarrassment. "Please tell me you're not gonna do that."

"Of course not!"

"Good," Wendy said as she washed her hands covered with flours. "Forget what Sooyoung said. Seulgi will never hope for luxury brand of.. things and I'm even more sure she'll never dump you for that."

"Yeah but Sooyoung is right in some way." Joohyun tasted the soup and hummed in content, wishing Seulgi was here to taste it. "I'd better make it up for her."

 

Seulgi realized hanging Christmas lights and decorating the tree could be a challenge.

Yerim cackled when she 'accidentally' tied the wire around Seulgi and decorated the bear instead of the tree.

"Two is better than one, right?" The Squirtle shamelessly insisted. "Jiyoon now has two Christmas trees. A real one and a real-live one!"

It was miserable enough she had spent half of Christmas day in the hospital.

Well, at least there will be enough time for her to show Joohyun Bae her surprise.

And the miserable look on her face faltered when Joohyun hurried toward her holding a thermos for the younger to taste the seaweed soup she made.

And her disappointment dissipated when she saw the look on Jiyoon's face when she opened the door.

Yerim and Seulgi managed to move the bed to another room and replaced it with a small table filled with every single food you can taste in the Christmas holiday.

"She said she missed spending time with her parents, eating their very own Christmas feast right beside the Christmas tree."

Joohyun said as she reached for Seulgi's hand and watched Jiyoon happily chattering and eating the food with her parents who looked like they were really spending a merry Christmas.

The Christmas lights they hung blinking in all kind of colors and the tree which they decorated gold and red with presents underneath made Seulgi feel like Santa Claus.

Now that their work was done, Seulgi felt like it was the right time for their Christmas.

"There's still a few hours left before Christmas ends," Seulgi whispered making Joohyun averted her gaze away from the happy family.

"Shall we go somewhere?"

Joohyun didn't need to ask twice as Seulgi led

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter