Found you, Bae Joohyun

Strawberries&Cigarettes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It still amazes me."

Seulgi looked up from her laptop in awe at the sight of Joohyun in her bathrobe, rubbing her wet hair with a purple towel, walking toward her.

"What is?"

Joohyun sat next to the confused younger on the sofa and sighed in contentment as she rested her head on Seulgi's shoulder.

Seulgi shivered since the older's hair was still not dry, and she could feel her favorite shirt absorbing the moisture but decided to let it go.

Because the look on Joohyun Bae's face never looked more peaceful and happy as the older closed her eyes, her lips curling up.

"Of all these millions of people, we met at the most meaningful place possible in my life."

Seulgi shifted her gaze away from the screen and stared at the older.

"Was there a reason you always talked to Mr. Statue?"

Joohyun slowly opened her eyes and met the younger's eyes, her grin still evident.

"Well.."

 

“Hey, you! You with the book!"

Joohyun flinched and looked up from her book.

She liked the swing in their school playground and Joohyun figured since it was late in the afternoon, it wouldn't matter if she sat on the swing for hours.

But apparently she was wrong.

A girl who was oddly much taller than her, stood in front of her with both her hands on her hips, wonder-woman style.

"What's your name?" The tall girl asked demandingly and Joohyun felt like one of the victims with the killer towering over her making her part of the shadow.

"I... I'm not going to tell you!" Joohyun squeaked and the tall girl was not happy with her answer.

"I heard all the boys came to our classroom because they wanted to see how pretty you are." The girl said with a scowl. "I was the prettiest one before you showed up!"

Joohyun didn't know what to say. Even if she had something to say, she was too frightened to speak.

"Sooyoung!"

Both girl's eyes bored into the girl about Joohyun's height, seemingly out of breath as she wheezed. "Why did you leave me?" The new girl whined and 'Sooyoung' huffed in annoyance.

"I didn't want to see you 'helping' another girl in our class."

"She just asked me a math problem." The girl who regained her breath protested. "It only took ten minutes!"

Sooyoung ignored her friend and turned her focus back on her target. "You are pretty." The tall girl admitted. "But I don't see why ALL the boys came just to see you."

"Oh!" Sooyoung's friend exclaimed pointing at the girl shaking with fear. "You must be.." Sooyoung's friend scratched her head. "It started with a Bae..."

"Come on, Seungwan!" Sooyoung urged. "Wreck your smart brain!"

Seungwan, after lots of cursing to herself and kicking the sand, shouted "Eureka!!" making Sooyoung jolt in surprise.

"Bae Joohyun!" Seungwan said excitedly. "Her name is Bae Joohyun!"

Sooyoung smiled as she rubbed her both hands, a thing that villains do in her favorite cartoon shows. "Bae Joohyun," She said as she turned but stopped her act when she noticed the swing was now vacant.

"Where did she go?" Sooyoung bellowed and Seungwan gasped as she pointed at the front gate. "There!"

And sure enough, Joohyun was running away as fast as she could.

"You scared her, Sooyoung!" Seungwan scolded. "You scared her away!"

"Then we're gonna follow her!"

Before Seungwan could chide further, was only able to let out a surprised squeak as her friend grabbed her wrist and race toward the path where the girl ran away.

 

Joohyun was never good at running.

But being overwhelmed with fear helped her a lot.

Maybe a little too much.

She was somewhere around the neighborhood but there was this big tree in front of her that strangely was unfamiliar to her.

She shouldn't have spent so much time in her room reading books.

"There she is!"

Joohyun turned around and saw the previous intimidating two girls.

Sooyoung's face was red and Joohyun wasn't sure if it was all because of the running or the anger. And she wasn't too eager to find out.

She was too exhausted to run. Then....

Joohyun looked up at the tree and estimated all the wrong events that could happen if she ever attempted to climb the tree.

But none of them seemed to be scarier than Sooyoung charging toward her. Even breaking a leg seemed less painful.

So, after taking a deep breath, she grabbed the thick branch and hoisted herself up.

She heard the two girls gasping with shock as she continued to climb upward.

"Joohyun!" Seungwan called out. "Stop! You could get hurt!"

"Then stop following me!" Joohyun squeaked as she stopped, her legs trembling a little from all the climbing. "I didn't do anything wrong so leave me alone!"

"We just want to be your friend!" Seungwan explained. "Will you please give us a chance!"

"NO!"

"She is sure stubborn," Sooyoung muttered and grimaced when Seungwan shot her a menacing glare. "She wouldn't have been like this if you were nice to her in the first place!"

"We need to climb the tree," Sooyoung said, ignoring her friend's words again. "The branch will break if I try so you should do it."

"What?" Seungwan stared at her friend, appalled. "Me?"

"Who else?" Sooyoung pushed the distressed hamster toward the tree. "You're good at everything so climbing up a tree is no big deal, right?"

"That's wrong."

Sooyoung and Seungwan stopped their war and looked up at the girl who was looking at them. She seemed.. upset for some reason.

"What do you mean, 'That's wrong?'?" Sooyoung demanded. "Seungwan is good at everything!"

"How do you know?" Joohyun argued. "She's a person like you. She can be good at many things but can be bad at some things too!"

Seungwan blinked, feeling touched and surprised at the same time.

"Don't force her to be good at everything!" Joohyun added and Sooyoung's eyes widened seeing the girl's eyes b with tears. "She's still your friend, right?"

Sooyoung stared at Joohyun then at her friend, who seemed almost as astounded and impressed. "Yeah.." Sooyoung put down her hands pushing the back of her friend with shame. "I'm sorry." She apologized to the shorter girl and Seungwan smiled reassuringly. "It's okay."

The two girls turned around but their smile soon faded.

"Not again!"

 

Joohyun started to enjoy being chased by two interesting girls.

She ran toward the park without thinking and passed by a line of kids in their cute yellow hats, following their teacher like little ducklings.

How cute, Joohyun thought as she eyed the little girl holding the other boy's hand.

She aimlessly walked around the park, hoping to find a good hiding spot but stopped when she heard a faint cry.

Putting her thoughts aside, Joohyun rushed to find the source of the sound.

The closer she got, the more she was sure someone was crying alone in the park.

She somehow managed to find the perfect hiding place but she wasn't so thrilled about it when she spotted a kid with the same yellow hat the same hat Joohyun had seen before.

The girl's eyes were puffy from all the crying and Joohyun knelt down, trying to calm the upset kid since she was afraid the kid might pass out from all the sobbing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter