Chapter 45 - Preparation Complete

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Information? Check.

Family blessings? Check.

Engagement rings? Check.

Rooftop for venue? Check.

Preparation? Complete…

Everything is finally in place, Jeril could now relax as she waits for Anika to come back home. The girl would be coming home this week or the next and Jeril booked everything until then.

For now, she needs to relax with her bestest friends. With that in mind, she got her phone and called Erika, because Lei seems to always be with her. Those two are inseparable now.

“Hey, so I got everything settled now. I was hoping we could have some time to enjoy?”

(Why do you sound so formal? You could have just said that we should go out.)

“Right, yeah. Hey, we should go out, I’m done with the preparations.”

(Did you really have to do that again? You’re so cute, Jeon.)

“Ew, don’t call me cute.”Jeril shakes her head. “Anyways, are you in or not? If you are, meet me at our favorite cafe with Lei in…10 minutes or so. I’ll see you there, bye bye.”

Jeril ended the call before Erika could answer and got inside her car. She drove to their favorite cafe, the one outside the subdivision of their old 4D House. Ever since they’ve disbanded, they moved out of it. Lei with Erika, and Jeril with Anika. They live as couples.

It’s not really a change for the four of them. Anika moved into Jeril’s apartment while Lei moved into Erika’s. And since they’ve been living with each other for the past 8 years, they already got used to each other’s habit. It wasn’t really something new for them after 4D.

But the 4D House is still theirs. They bought it throughout the years and they stay there whenever there’s a party or celebration, or even just a simple sleepover. It’s their place…

“Good morning, how can I get your order?”

“Black coffee with two sugar cubes…”

“That will be $4.25, thank you.”

Jeril got her coffee and sat down in their booth, the one that they always pick, on the corner but had the view of the window and the whole cafe. It took five minutes before Lei and Erika arrived, they waved at her before heading to the counter to order their coffees and desserts.

Erika bought iced americano and she buys another cup of coffee for Jeril while Lei got a latte and she also bought the three of them a slice of chocolate-strawberry cake and cupcakes.

“Always a sweet tooth, Lei.”

“Nothing could go wrong with sweetness, unnie.”

They sat down infront of Jeril, sitting beside each other, and Jeril just know she will have to endure a whole hour or more of Erika and Lei being sweet to each other. But, well, she asked for this. And she endured it for 8 whole years, it’s not new to her and she can tolerate them.

The three of them got into friendly conversations, asking about how one another is. They’re both doing great despite the changes, and the couple is excited for Jeril’s upcoming surprise.

“I hope she gets home soon, I really want to do this now or I’ll combust of excitement.”

“Yeah, I know how you feel. When I prepared my proposal, I almost had a breakdown.”

“And by breakdown, she meant yelling to everyone that comes across 10-feet from her.”

“Yes, but never with you.”Erika kissed Lei’s cheeks and Jeril rolls her eyes. “I was so nervous and so excited, but at the same time just so tired and just wanted to have you as my wife.”

“We haven’t even got married yet.”

“We’ll get there, Mrs. Kim.”

“Okay, stop! Too cheesy for my blood!”Jeril drinks up her black coffee, that is as bitter as her, making Erika and Lei laughs. Well, it’s good to know that Jeril hadn’t changed at all…

“Trust me, you’ll be this cheesy when you’re engaged.”

“Well, she always gets this cheesy with Anika.”

“Facts.”Lei chuckles as Jeril blushes.

“Please shut up! You two are really becoming like each other.” she mumbles, hiding her face behind her hands, the two laughs more. Suddenly, they’re interrupted by a phonecall.

 

Incoming call…Iniel

 

“It’s Anika.”she informs as she answers the call. “Hey, good morning.”

(Hi, Chase.) Oh, God. She miss this sweet voice.(Uhm, I have something to say.)

“Yeah, sure. What is it?”suddenly…Jeril doesn’t feel good.“Is everything okay there, love?”

Erika and Lei smiles hearing Jeril calls Anika so sweetly like that. As always, there’s only one person that THE Jeon Jeril Chase is soft with, and that is Choi Anika Iniel. They’re perfect…

(I can’t come home this month.)and that’s when their smiles fade. (There’s a case and they need my help so I’ll probably be here until second week of September. I am so sorry, love.)

“O-Oh…”Lei reached a hand across the table and put it on top of Jeril’s while Erika gave her a comforting smile. “I’ll…just wait for you, then.” her proposal would have to wait, it seems.

(I’m really so sorry, I wish I could be there with you now but…they need me here.)

“No, no. I understand, you don’t need to explain yourself. It’s fine, I’m fine.”

(I’ll come back home as soon as I can, I promise. I love you, Chase.)

“I love you too…”Jeril lets out a sigh. “Take care, alright?”

(I will, and you too.) Anika stops for a second and talks to someone on the other side. (I have to go now, case investigation and all. But…is there anything else you want to tell me?)Yes.

“No.”Jeril chuckles. “Just call me when you’re free, and tell me when you’ll come home.”

(Yes, I’ll call you once I’m done. Pick me up at the airport when I’m back, okay?)

“Ofcourse, I promise.”with that, the call ended. And Jeril felt disappointed. She smiles at the two to assure them she’s fine.“She’ll be back soon, anyways. I’ll just have to wait till then.”

===========================================================================