Chapter 33 - Confrontation

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[4D House…December 11, 2030]

(Where are you?)

“Uhm, at the living room…why?”

(We need to talk…Wait for me there, alright?)

“Alright. I’m just watching a movie here.” Erika ends the call and Lei could just stares at her phone confusedly. Anika is staring at her with the same confused expression and so is Jeril.

“What was that?”

“Well, I…honestly have no idea.”

“Did she forgot we’re living in the same house?”

“I think she’s annoyed?” footsteps is heard and Erika’s face came in view after a few seconds and she is actually looking irritated, Lei is a bit worried. “Oh. Hey, unnie. What’s going on?”

“What’s going on with you and Dana?”

“Uhm, what?” Lei is taken aback, and so is Jeril and Anika.

“Are you two going out together?” Lei looks at her in confusion. “You’re awfully close with each other. Every hour, every minute, every second, you two are stick to each other’s side.”

Anika and Jeril finally understands what this is all about, and so did Lei. She realized it the moment Erika asked the question. And the couple knows they shouldn’t be here right now but they wants to support the two with their problem, which always involve a third person.

First, Rain. Now, Dana. If they worked it out the first time, maybe they can work it out twice. And the two wanted to know how it happened. Was there more in the story than they told?

“We’re friends.”

“Then, what about you and I?”

“Dana and I are the same age, it’s a bit different.”

“So, you’re choosing her over me?” Lei’s shook her head furiously, knowing that she would never ever replace someone else over Erika. And maybe Erika knows that too but she’s just--

“Are you jealous?” Anika and Jeril looks at Erika…and the latter took a deep breath.

“Yes.” she finally admitted and the two may have celebrated inside their mind. “I’m jealous.”

Lei couldn’t help herself from smiling and Erika rolled her eyes when she saw the teasing glint in the younger girl’s face. The same teasing look that Anika and Jeril are giving her…

“Oh, don’t be.” Lei chuckles before moving forward and wraps Erika into a hug. “You will always be the best for me, babe.” Jeril actually find the scene infront of them to be cute.

“You’re just too close with each other, and it’s too fast. You’ve only known her for a few days, Lei.” Erika whined as she clings closer to the younger girl, who chuckles once more.

“Like I said, we’re the same age so it’s different. We became close because we have a lot of similarities.” Lei defended softly. “But it’s just friendship, you have nothing to worry about.”

“Promise?”

“Swear to God…”

“Okay. I believe you.”

Anika and Jeril thinks that these two are fine now. With that, their works are finished. They gently stood up and nodded at each other with a smile. Jeril thinks that they’re okay too…

They turn around to walk away from the two hugging, who doesn’t look like they have any plan of letting go soon. They were about to leave compeletely when they heard something…

“I’m not letting you go, don’t worry.” Lei chuckles. “Not now that I have finally gotten you.”

“Well, I’m an idiot for pressing my feelings down for so long. I love you…”

“I love you too, my jealous girlfriend. Anika and Jeril stop.

“GIRLFRIEND?” they turned back and walk towards the two, who just realized what they accidentally confessed. Lei smiles sheepishly at them while Erika sighs. “SINCE WHEN?”

“Since…” Erika and Lei shared a glance then smiles at each other. “August 30, 2030.”

 

=====================================================================