Chapter 21 - MIA

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

It’s been a few days since Anika lost contact with Jeril, the girl is very good at ghosting herself. She asked Erika and Lei if they had idea where the main dancer is, but they both don’t know.

“Are you okay?” Christian asked as she handed Anika a cup of coffee.

“No, I’m not. It’s been almost a week, Chris. And yet she’s still missing in action.”

“Don’t worry about it. She’s Jeon Jeril Chase, it’ll take a whole battalion to take her down.” Christian tried to lighten things up but it made Anika more worried that Jeril got into trouble.

“I need to go.”

“We still have filming to do.”

“Seriously? We’ve filmed a lot already.”

“We’re near the ending, can’t you wait until then?”

“I’ll try.” Anika glanced down at her phone’s wallpaper and sigh. Why do you have to be so hardheaded, Chase? We could have worked it out earlier. “How much more episodes left?”

“I think a week or two worth of episodes.”

“Okay, that’s fine. I think I can wait.”

--

“You couldn’t have just wait for her explanation?”

“Look, I let you in to have someone to talk to, not for you to scold me.”

“You wouldn’t need someone to talk to about your sad life if you had just let her explain.”

“Whatever.” Jeril roll her eyes as she walk back to the couch and plopped down. “How’s Lei? Did you tell her that you’re coming to see me today? I doubt she wouldn’t want to come.”

“I didn’t told her, I don’t think you would want to.”

“Good call, I don’t want anyone else to see me vulnerable.”

“Stop the tough act, we all know you’re a coward.” Jeril turned around to glare at Erika, but the latter just looked at her with an unimpressed face. “I’m serious. You’re an idiot, Jeon.”

“Don’t scold me, I’ll punch you.”

“Go for it, then. You think I’m scared of you?”

“Stop provoking me, I’m not in the mood for those, okay?!”

“I’m seriously annoyed at you, I’m the one who’s not in the mood for this right now.” Erika walked towards the refrigerator and took out all bottles of beer and throw it in the trash can. “I let you get drunk for a week, it’s time to stop and fix everything. Come on, let’s go, Jeril.

“No, I’m not ready.” Jeril looks away from Erika and turned to face the television. “Besides, she looks just fine to me. I don’t think she’s too troubled by my disappearance.” she said as she stared at Anika, who’s starring in We Got Married that’s currently playing at the channel.

“Is that why you left? You want her to look for you?”

“I don’t know what I want. I want to run from her, yet I want to be with her.”

“Man up!” Erika marched towards her and pulled her up, holding both of her shoulders as she stare right into Jeril’s eyes. “Nothing would change if you won’t do something about it.”

“I-I know that, but…”

“There’s no ifs, there’s no buts…”

Erika let go of Jeril and grabbed her bag, she gave the main dancer one last look and shook her head before she walk out of the door, slamming it shut, leaving Jeril with her thoughts.

--

“Tried scaring her, didn’t work.”

“I see. So…Plan B?”

“Plan B.”

Erika drove off towards the KBS Company and drop Lei off before she headed to the Choi Entertainment. Lei entered the company and went to look for where Anika might be. She asked the frontdesk, and she said that WGM staffs are having a meeting at the moment…

“Perfect.” Lei mumbled as she got her phone and texted someone. “Change of plan, call me.” she waited for a call and got it after a minute, he must have been in the meeting just now…

(Hey, I got your text. What is it?)

“Plan A failed, we’ll initiate the other plan.”

(I understand. What do you want me to do this time?)

“Make sure her schedule will be free next week. Try asking the director if it’s okay to film all episodes this week because we’re leaving next week, we’re gonna need a vacation…”

(Okay, I think I can do that. Don’t worry.)

“Thank you, Christian oppa.”

========================================================================