Chapter 17 - Interruption

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Jeril returned to 4D after three days, Erika and Lei was surprised to see her looking fresh than before she left. Seems like she did found what she’s looking for, but there’s something weird.

"What happened to your face?” Lei asked, looking closely at the wounds in Jeril’s face.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Just had a very ‘friendly’ sparring with my brother.”

“You went to your brother? As in, Ivan? Anika’s ex?”

“Do I have any other brother, Ked sshi?” Jeril asked sarcastically while rolling her eyes. “He helped me with something…” more like someone… Erika nodded with a knowingly smile.

“Well, I’m glad he did. Don’t disappear on us again, though. As much as I want you out of my life, it wouldn’t be fun without you.” Erika mumbled before walking towards her room.

“What’s up with her?” Jeril turned to face Lei for answers.

“I think she just miss you.” Lei said with a shrug.

“That’s disgusting.” Jeril playfully said.

They shared a laugh before they headed to the living room. After a short while, Erika went out of the room while carrying a first aid kit which she passed to Lei when she got closer.

“Anika came to visit, by the way.” Erika informed as Lei tended Jeril’s wound.

“Did she--aw!--asked where I--ouch!--was?” the gangster glared at Lei for putting alcohol.

“Ofcourse, she did.” Lei answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “She was worried too but she knows you wouldn’t do anything reckless, not since she told you…”

Jeril nodded her head in acknowledgement while Erika bit her lips to prevent her smile from spreading, she can’t help it cause she ships the main dancer and main vocal from the start.

“You should go see her soon.”

“I’ll do it today.” Jeril answered Erika.

“Did you already figure out what you want to?”

“Yeah, my brother actually helped me out. He did date her.”

“Care to include me in your discussion?” Lei interrupted as she put the equipments back in the first aid kit. “I respect your privacy, but you know you can tell me anything, right?”

“I’m inlove with Anika.” Erika’s eyes widened in shock, just like Lei, not because it was new information to her but because this time, Jeril was sure when she said those words. What she told Erika in the coffee shop was ‘I think I’m inlove with Anika.’ and now she’s sure of it.

“We’ll wait here.” Erika said, throwing Jeril her car keys.

“Thanks.” Jeril said as she stood up and ran out of the 4D house.

“Well…that was kind of unfair, I was just about to ask her a lot of things.”

“Give her a break, she just found what she’s been looking for and she should tell it to Anika first.” Erika said as she lay down on Lei’s lap. “You can ask her when she finally get her girl.”

--

Anika tried calling Jeril’s phone once more but it went to voicemail again, making her sigh in irritation. Where the hell did she went? she thought as she tried one last time but it’s no use.

“Anika.” she looked up and saw Christian. “Time for the shoot.”

“Yeah. Just give me a minute, I’ll be out there.”

“Sure, I’ll just wait outside.”

Christian left the room while Anika composed herself. Wherever she is, I know she’ll be safe. That girl is good at fighting and she’s not ‘that’ reckless anymore. It’ll be fine, she’ll be fine…

“Anika?”

“Wait a second.”

She walked out of the room and smiled apologetically at Christian, the guy just nodded at her in understanding as they walked back to the filming set together. They were preparing for a picnic date so they were packing the foods and stuff they will need to take to the park.

“Alright! Everyone, take your positions!” the director yelled and everyone scattered, leaving Anika and Christian in the apartment’s kitchen. “Ready, in 3…2…1…Action!” then, they start.

The filming crew followed them until the park then stationed the camera as they let the two have their date with them watching not too far away from where Anika and Christian are…

“I know it’s scripted but I didn’t know to what extent.” Christian joked.

“It’s fine, I don’t mind. I think I feel better knowing that it’s just part of the script.”

“Uhm…now that we’re talking about it, can I ask you something?” Anika looked at him in confusion, wondering what’s up with his nervous state. He’s usually a compose-kind of guy.

“You don’t have to ask if you can ask something, you know. You can just ask straightly.”

“I just wanted to be sure that you’re prepared, I don’t want to offend you.”

“Oh…kay?” Anika said hesitantly, feeling nervous. “What is it?”

Before Christian could open his mouth to ask, a deep voice interrupted him. They both turn around and was surprised to see that it was no other than 4D’s main dancer, Jeon Jeril Chase.

“Sorry for the interruption, but I really need to talk to her.”

“Uhm, we’re in the middle of filming, Jeril sshi.”

“Don’t worry, I took care of that.”

Christian and Anika glanced at the filming crew and saw all of the cameras shattered on the ground with the crew panicking in saving the video recorded inside each of their cameras…

“I’ll pay for it later.”

“O-Okay, then. She’s all yours.”

Jeril nodded and turned to face Anika, handing out her hand to her. The main vocalist didn’t like what she did but she couldn’t help shaking her head fondly because it’s such a Jeril-thing to destroy things just to get what she wants. She missed this one…so she held the girl’s hand.

“You’re such a gangster.”

“What else would you expect?”

========================================================================