Chapter 10 - Rain and Erika

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Erika is laying down in the bed of her hotel room, thinking about a lot of things. It’s their last day in New York, they’re going home tomorrow, and she wanted to give Lei an answer before they do. She didn’t gave her one last night, so she’s thinking hard right now on what to say.

She loves Lei, but she’s not sure what kind of love it is. There’s only one person who knows her more than she knows herself, so she should pay her a visit before they travel to Seoul.

Grabbing a coat, she ran out of her hotel room and told their staff she’s going out. They gave her a car to borrow, so she immediately drove off to a familiar address she knows by heart.

“Thirdy, what are you doing here?”

“I need to talk to you about something important.”

“It’s about Lei, isn’t it?” Erika’s eyes widened. “I’m a writer, idiot.”

“Yeah, you always know what would happen.” Rain shrugged. “Can I come in?”

“Since when do you ask permission to barge into my house?” the writer chuckled as she open the door wide and let Erika in. “Settle down in the couch, I’ll grab us some drinks.”

Rain went to the kitchen while Erika went to the living room. She looked around and noticed that the apartment was still the same as before. Their pictures were still hanging on the walls, the wallpaper is still the same on the picture that she sent last November 7 on her birthday.

It was still a home to Erika after all this years. Well, she did live here most of the times during their middle school days when she’s still studying here in New York. Her parents didn’t really changed, they were still the same workaholic and not-that-caring type of parents to a kid.

So Erika often stayed in Rain’s apartment cause the writer’s parents were living in another side of New York. Maybe that’s the reason why the girl know her better than her own self.

“Here.” Rain handed her a bottle of beer and settled down. “So, I told you. She likes you.”

Their first day in New York, when they accidentally met Rain and left them to talk alone, the writer had told her that Lei had a crush on her but she didn’t believed it. Sure, they often act like a married couple but she can’t believe that someone as perfect as Lei would fall for her.

The younger girl is kind, sweet, warm, and the total opposite of Erika. There’s just no way that Lei would actually choose her among billion people in the world…but she actually did.

And now, Erika felt bad because she hadn’t given Lei an answer. She’s an actual mess, Lei doesn’t deserve it. She doesn’t deserve Lei. She can’t even understand herself well enough.

“What should I do?”

“If it’s me, you would have confess.”

“But I don’t even know what I actually feel about her…”

“You serious?” Rain stopped and stared at Erika. “Are you an idiot, Third?”

“No, it’s just that…I’ve never ever been inlove before. It’s all just a passing crushes for me.”

Rain let out a deep sigh as she drink her beer. She grab another one and drank it, leaving Erika waiting for an advice. She can’t help but feel nervous on what the writer would say.

“Well, why don’t you just tell her that?”

“No, it will hurt her feelings.”

“Better than lying.”

“I…” Erika sighed deeply. “I want to love her, Rain.” suddenly, a smile appeared in the other girl’s face as she gestured for Erika to continue. “I want to be there for her, I want to make her feel appreciated because of how perfect she is. I…want to be with her, so help me.”

“Why would I?” the writer shrugged. “I think you already got an answer whether you love her or not. Trust me, that speech would only came from someone who’s deeply inlove.”

“Oh.”

“Go get her.”

Erika chuckled and tapped her beer bottle with Rain’s before drinking it up and running out of the apartment. The writer stood up from her seat and looked out to watch her childhood friend leave her…completely. The next time she’ll see her will probably be at Erika’s wedding.

The idol got on the car and then drove away, making Rain chuckle bitterly. She can’t believe she just let her longtime dream go. But that’s the thing about love, it always come with pain.

“You should really get her, Erika Dane.” she mumbled as she drink all the content of her second beer bottle. Her phone buzzed and she looked down to see Erika’s face smiling at her as wallpaper. “Time to change that soon.” she shook her head and ignored the girl’s text.

It was a text thanking her for the advice, and Rain would reply it later…when she’s done crying and regretting her decision of letting go without confessing. She’ll take this pain until the end, so Erika better make her pain worth it. It’s not everyday you see someone take the pain to push you to your own happy ending. All Rain wanted to see, after all, is Erika’s smile.

“Be happy, you gorgeous idiot.”

=========================================================================