Chapter Thirty-Five: Can you hurt her again?

Spoiled [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene and Seulgi quietly sitting in the sand. Irene's eyes were locked in the ocean view, while Seulgi she keeps stealing glances with the woman beside her.

"You know what," Irene speaks up. "When you broke up with me, all i want is to get even. I want you to feel how ing painful it is. But Wendy and the others, I'm so lucky to have them. Especially, Wendy, she made realized that there is no point of getting even. And I'm glad I listened to her. If not, if I ruined your life and found out after your real reason for breaking up I don't think I can live."

Seulgi smile bitterly, "I wasted what we had before. If I only trust you, if I told you, do you think we are still together?"

"I don't know. Maybe, maybe not."  Irene breathes out. "Maybe it happened because the timing that that time is not right. The progress was too fast, you are too young. If that incident with your family didn't happen, something else will. Maybe the break up happens so we can both grow."

"You think so?" 

"I know so. Look at you now, you are successful. A lawyer and businesswoman."

"But not as rich as you."

"You don't have to compare yourself to me. Your success is a self earn, mine is not."

"It's just sad, that now that we both grow up to be strong and successful, it was late." Seulgi sigh. 

Thinking how happy Irene with Wendy, she envies it. She wanted to be the person to make her smile like that, to glow brighter than the moon. But it's too late. Someone else is making her glow. And it is not her. 

"Yeah, too late," Irene says. "Maybe we can be friends." Irene held out her hands. "For old time sake.  Let's have a proper closure." 

Seulgi stares at Irene's hand. Closure. But she doesn't want closure. She wants a new beginning with her. But how, did all her hard work will go to waste? Did she wait five years for nothing?

"closure for the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter