Chapter Seventeen: Distance

Spoiled [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was back to normal, three days relaxing times in Jeju is done. After dropping off Seulgi and her friends in their place, Irene decided to go home and take a rest before she checks all the files about her work in Jeju Island.

After her parent's death, Irene finally relaxed. She can finally smile again and laugh. And its all because of the girl she met one night. 

Irene looked at the view outside her unit. Since the day she met Seulgi, Irene noticed that the sun shines brighter every day. The view outside her unit is livelier. She has reason to wake up every and each morning. 

Seulgi is her reason. 

But who is Kang Seulgi to her?

Does she love her?

Is Irene Bae falling in love with Kang Seulgi?

It is too early to say. She can't address the fondness she feels for her as love. But if wanting to see her is love, wanting to hold her in her arms is love, if protecting her from any form of harm is love, if wanting her smiles for her eyes only and her laugh for her ears is love. Then she is certain that she is falling in love. But she cannot rely on those to be 100% sure. She needs to know her real feelings deeper before she can be sure.

 

 

 

The next morning Irene was really busy at work, the resort they are going to build in Jeju with her partner Eunbi is eating all her times. She barely has time to eat or text Seulgi who for sure is already fuming. But work is work.

"Hey 'Rene, did you know that Sakura and Seulgi are out on a shopping spree?" Eunbi informed the older girl.

Irene takes her phone to check but no notifications that the bear is using her card.

"Yeah, she sent me a message earlier."

"Irene, let's take a break, I miss my Sakura." Eunbi pouted. "Don't you miss Seulgi?"

"Yah, you just saw your girlfriend at home and you missed her already?" Irene asks. "The last time I saw Seul was yesterday."

"I'm not like you who can resist herself from seeing the woman she loves."

Irene looks at her friend. The way she says that shes in love with Seulgi, she seems so sure about it.

"Do you think I'm really in love with Seul?"

"The way you look at her, the way you want those people dead just by looking at Seulgi, I am pretty sure you are in love."

"I want to be sure" Irene sigh. "For my feelings towards her."

"You are still not sure about her?" Eunbi ask.

"I know I have feelings for her, I know she's someone special why do you think I ask her to be my sugar baby if not, I just met her that day but I'm pretty sure I needed her the moment I laid my eyes on her."

"If that's not loved, then I don't know what is it." Eunbi pat Irene's in her back. "What do you want to do to be sure about your feelings."

"I don't know, Eun."

"Lemme handle it." Eunbi smile. "But for now why don't you limit your meetings. Let see how it will affect you and her. What if Seulgi just accepted you cause if what you can give her."

"I'm pretty sure, Seulgi is not like that. I gave her a card connected to mine, and will you believe that she never uses it not even once?"

"Okay then, let stick to my first plan." Eunbi smile." See if she will care if you do not talk to her."

Irene doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter