- t h i r t y s i x -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

The winter breeze felt like a light caress against my cold skin as I stared at the setting sun above the sky. I can't believe that I got finally said what has been lingering inside me, I have finally said what I truly feels, and I bet that doing it had caused for the Winter Lord to be so much hurt. But I should care no mores. I shouldn't care of his feelings anymore since at last I am free of his grip; I can now freely wander wherever and whenever my heart wants!

My victorious feeling instantly washed off as I came to realize one thing: I have nowhere to go. I have made it confirmed earlier that I would never ever gonna return back in the Winter Court meaning I am officially homeless starting from now on.

I do not mind roaming around the expanse of Verboden but the problem is, it is almost night time and I could not guarantee that I'll be safe if I settle down somewhere for the rest of the night. If my memory serves me right, I was told that the faerie realm is most deadly and dangerous during the dark.

So what will I do now? Obviously, I cannot start any trip right now since I do not have any horse or any form of transportation. If I try moving barefoot, will I succeed in finding a temporary shelter? I bet no. 

I look back where the Winter Court is erected. I knew that Myungsoo's sentries have started looking for me by now yet I am still here in the outskirt of his realm, and if I will not move they could easily locate me and locked me back inside the court. I badly need to do something or else all my effort will only turn into waste.

"Think, Naeun. Think!" I frustratedly mumbled to myself.

A few moments later, I heard some soft marching sound coming from my back and when I twirl I saw a lot of the winter sentries swiftly scattering around the realm. I'm afraid, they were too quick and they're gradually closing in to my hiding place. I need to get out of here as soon as possible, I am freed and I don't want to be thrown back in that suffocating place, but how? I don't trust my own magic and I know I would not be able to do the same trick that I did earlier again, I know I'll fail if I ever try.

Suddenly, a hand grab my arm yanking me away from my hiding place and I look up and a familiar face greeted me—it was Woohyun, and he was wearing the same full-armour suit that all of the sentries were wearing.

"Naeun," he said softly to the point that I can't almost hear him but still I didn't turn around, then I heard him released a long breathe and continued, "Naeun, please. Go back, Myungsoo is enrage."

"No, I can't." I said firmly pulling away my hands from his grip. 

"Please, he is trashing the court and the winter faeries were all terrified from him. Please, Naeun. You're the only one that could calm him," Woohyun's voice cracked on his last words, I know that he's telling the truth based on how the breeze ferociously revolve around us.

​​​​​​"I am not going back," I said as I finally turned to face my friend and look him directly in the eye, "I will never go back in there and I already said it to your grand duke."

"Let's get you home, please." He held out a hand once again but I move away from him. 

"The Winter Court is no longer my home, it's never had become my home."

I could see the muscles of his jaw tighten. "If there's something happened between the two of you, I know that Myungsoo's sorry. Just give another chance, Naeun. I'm begging you. Let's go home," my friend pleaded but I did not gave in. If I said that I wouldn't go back there then it's final, I am really never going back.

I was about to refuse him once again but Woohyun suddenly lunged. His hand has grazed the fabric of my sleeves but before he could entirely wrap his palm around me, my training with Sehun suddenly kicked in.

Adrenaline came rushing in my veins, I twirl my arm around, and I caught his hand instead. Then I called in to my ice magic and used my free hand to freeze him from his feet up to his bodice into to the ground. When I look up once again, I saw the surprise on his eyes and he said, 

"Y-You have other magic," he said in bewilderment.

"As you can see, yes. I do have." 

I need to get out of here before the other sentries get in here, I am about to leave, but the sentries suddenly appeared and they were blocking all my possible escapes. I am surrounded, damn it! 

"I'm sorry, Naeun. If I can't bring you back voluntarily, I don't have any choice but to use force." Woohyun said as he broke lose from the ice that I surrounded him with terrifying speed. I forgot, he's a winter faerie himself, ice doesn't do anything to him or even to the sentries surrounding us. I'm doomed, I am really doomed.

I can use my flames but I don't want to hurt them especially Woohyun since he is one of my closest friends. What to do now Naeun, what to do?

The winter sentries were closing in and I saw one of them was actually holding a hand cuff, then two sentries moved terribly near at my side and grip both of my wrist forcefully. I tried pulling my hand away but they were so strong which made all my efforts to go to waste, I gave up. Perhaps I am destined to rot in the Winter Court. So instead of fighting, I just closed my eyes and waited for the cuffs snap. But upon closing it, a purplish black orb greeted me and it fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter