- f o r t y t h r e e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY THREE

I am not sure whether to feel glad or no that the Great Sibyl has directly told the Night Lord of what I truly felt for him because, honestly, this was not the way I have imagined myself confessing for him but everything's done. Well, I should somehow felt a little grateful to the all-knowing mother since if it wasn't for her, my feelings towards Taemin could have possibly be kept as a secret for too long.

Now, looking at the man that I love, I could see the total confusion plastered into his handsome features, I know he would not still believe what the Great Sibyl has said unless he heard it from my own mouth. I wanted to run into his arms and let him feel my genuine love towards him but it would only confuse him a little more, I guess it is really the time for me to finally confess what I truly felt towards him. So upon taking a deep breath, I speak out the words that my hearts has been keeping all these time. 

"I love you, Taemin. My heart had never belonged to him because it belongs to you, I tried loving him but it felt wrong. I tried repressing it but it seems like my feelings for you is a lot stronger than anything. I love you, my heart knew that I belong to you since the day that you've saved from the woods and it never stops looking for you. It beats for you, Taemin. My heart beats only for you."

There are other things that I want to tell him but I prefer to say it privately. It's not because I hold a grudge or that I don't want to have an audience but I think it will be much more appropriate and heart-felting if I say it in a proper place. I just hope that Taemin felt the love that I have poured to each words that I've murmured.

But instead of replying, the Night Lord only stood there and is not moving an inch. Fright and worry starts building up inside me but I could not afford to let him see it as I tried keeping the sincerity of my face. Have I said something bad? Did he not felt my heart with those words? Did Taemin fell out of love of me? 

My heart clenched, I greatly wish not. Without me realizing it sooner, Taemin has been actually the source of my happiness since I was brought back to life and I don't know what will become of me if ever I lost him. His love has filled the great hollowness that I've been feeling, he was the one who saved me from drowning on my own miseries. He is my brightest star, my hope, my light—my love, and I could not imagine living without him in my life, not anymore. 

I was about to speak again in attempt to break the long silent that has been surrounding the both of us but before I could ever do it, I felt something soft crashes into my lips. Taemin's scent hit my nose and that's when I know that he was kissing me. The kiss was  gentle yet I could feel the burning passion of the Night Lord in every seconds that were passing. I feel light, I feel alive. 

I was hoping for the kiss to linger but he suddenly broke the kiss and said, "I love you, Naeun. I love you so much and no words could ever express how happy my heart is to know that you feel the same. I love you, I love you!"

A giggle unconsciously escaped from my lips. I couldn't help it since I was feeling so much joy on this very moment. He loves me as much as I love him and nothing's more wonderful than knowing that you're loved as much as you love the person. This day would be the best day that I have ever had. "I love you too, Taemin. I love you so much and I promise to love you for the rest of my immortal life."

After I said those I saw that Taemin was attempting to give me another kiss but the both of us got interrupted by a soft female voice which came from no other than the Great Sibyl and she said, "Since everything falls into place now, I could bless the mating bond if you want to."

Curious, I suddenly blurted, "Bless the mating bond?"

My eyes were firmly fixed to the creature before me but it was the Night Lord who answered my query as he explained, "In order to lock ans settle the mating bond, the male has to offer something special to the female but accepting the gift was onky the first phase of it. In order to complete it, a votary needs to bless it but if the Great Sibyl do it herself, the bond will be incomparably stronger than any other mating bonds. But we can skip the mating bomd if you want to, Naeun. We can set it aside especially that I.. I don't have any gifts prepared for you."

So if the Great Sibyl personally bless our union as mates, the bond would be definitely stronger than any other mating bonds. I am also guessing that 'stronger' means no one or nothing could ever get in our ways again.

My mind is fixed and I was determined so I did not need any moment to think about it further. "Let's do it," I said which made Taemin look at me in bewilderment. 

"You will accept the mating bond?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Yes," I confirmed. "I will accept you as my mate. I love you so much and I am willing to be your partner in every aspect. I will be your rightful equal and your guiding light. I want to see the rest of the world with you, Taemin, and I thoroughly wish that you do too."

I watch closely as the sides of his mouth slowly tugged upward into a gentle smile and like me, he's looking at me with eyes filled with so much love and joy. Dang it, I am so much in love with this man!

​​​​​"Of course I do, and I promise that I will never let anyone or anything to get in between us, my love. I will spent the rest of my life giving the best things to you. We will thrive together, Naeun. I will be the hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter