- t w e n t y e i g h t -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

"Get ready, I want to introduce you to someone."

I am carefully removing my ridiculous wedding dress when I heard Taemin speak out of nowhere. Damn that prick of a grand duke since I almost wreak my dress and be knock off on to the floor out of complete surprise, I think I'm changing my mind of being thankful that he saved me today from my anxious self.

"Prick!" I angrily whispered as I continue escaping my voluminous gown. 

"I can hear you sweetheart," the Night Lord's voice echoed once again inside my head. 

"What the hell?! Quit playing around, Taemin!" 

"But I'm not."

"Stop doing that! It's creepy!" 

"Doing what?" 

"That. Whispering inside my head!"

"Oh, apologies. It's just that you're shouting too loud through the bond and I can't help to check out on you. By the way, I'll be back there at evening and I'll send someone to prepare you."

"What?!" I tried calling to the Grand Duke but there's no more respond. I keep waiting and waiting for his voice to reappear in my head but only silence greeted me. 

With a shrug, I finish removing my dress and wrap myself in a silk robes seated on the bed of my room. I find the whole Night Court to be utterly silent when it's grand duke took off and left me on my own inside of his castle so I decided to follow his last word and take the southern wing of the place. The area was just the same as with the palace's parlor, marble stones of gray and white greeted me as I enter the wing but I was taken a back as I beheld the furnitures and the entire set up of it.

"...Your room is at the southern wing, you can have the whole wing yourself if you wanted to."

The Grand Duke of the Night Kingdom's words suddenly flashbacks in my head, he meant it. Taemin really meant what he said back there because the south wing was set up like an entire mansion itself, tall glass double doors greeted me and from here, I could already see the vastness of the room inside. Unlike the other area in the palace, this room—or I preferably called as a dreamy mansion was accented not only with gray and whites but also with gold, rose and lilac colors which leave an impression that this place was made specifically for a female. 

As I cross the glass double doors, lush golden metal chairs adorned with fur coating greeted me along with a coffee table right in the middle at the left corner of the room and at the right most part seated a grand piano being illuminated by golden lights. At the center of it was a marble staircase, being excited, I went to take the stairs as quickly as I can and I swear that the upper part was a way more luxurious than of the grounds.

Upon taking the stairs comes what I assume to be the seating area since cozy-looking couch was placed in the middle. When I look around I saw a foyer opening up to what I assume serves as a personal kitchenette and dining place to who ever had lived or will live in here. At the opposite side of it was a closed door, and when I tried yanking it open, my jaw almost drop, like the rest of the area, the bedroom was entirely open to the breathtaking view outside—no windows, no glass or any sort of barriers, there were only marble pillars and gossamer fabrics which separates me from the outside. 

And the bed—the dreamy bed was shaped in circle! It was placed into a slightly raised platform with silk and fur fabrics wrapped its gorgeous curves to form a perfect definition of a bed for an arabian goddess! It's calling me and I do wanted to try but my ridiculous wedding gown felt like a huge hindrance so without further ado, I start removing the locks of it carefully, and that's the time I suddenly heard the voice of the prick!

He told me to get ready so I've decided to take my fresh bath first before the faerie he sent make its way on my room. Believe me when I say that Taemin, the prick grand duke, has a seriously good taste not only with clothings but also when it somes to interiors because even the bathroom was not an exemption with the entire lushness of the place!

The elegant tub was already prepared when I entered and it was so surprising that the water was warm when I went to quickly dip my tensed body on it.

If it wasn't for my fright that my beloved Myungsoo will berserk that I would not be home after a week, I will gladly extend my stay in here. I don't know why but there is some sort of comforting feeling that this place emits despite of the luxury of it. Yes, the Winter Court is a comfortable enough but this is different, it feels like every corner of this place embraces me—it may sound absurd but it feels like the Night Palace seems has its own life and it knew me. Like it recognized me as if I belong in here, as if I am one of its own. 

I was enjoying my lavander scented bath when a knock sounded outside of the bedroom door, perhaps the faerie has already arrived so I went out of the tub as quickly as I can and throw the silk robe into my body once again. I open up the door swifly and a scream escaped my mouth as I saw who was standing outside. 

"What the heck are you doing in here?!" I yelled as I wrap the robes tightly around my body trying to hide my ness behind it. The Night Lord stilled as he saw me completely soaked to the point that my silk robe clinged into my body like a second skin, and it's semi-transparent when wet! 

I watch as Taemin open and closes his mouth repeatedly perhaps thinking of a good words to spill upon seeing me in the most awkward situation I've ever been. Finally after clearing his throat the Night Lord said between stutters, "I-I uh didn't.. I didn't know, s-sorry."

His voice was so muffled with all the stutterings that I can't understand what exactly was he trying to say so I raised one brow at him and said, "What?" 

I saw that the Night Lord's eyes took a quick scan over my water-soaked body before he return his gaze back at me, he gulped. "I-I shall return l-later," he said and turned into midnight mist. What was that? 

I shrug my shoulders and was about to close the doors again to return to my interrupted bath but before I can do so, a hand grabbed the knob to prevent it from closing. I look up and saw that it was a stunning faerie which is slightly taller than I am and she's surprisingly strong for a female because I saw that the knob almost break lose from the door. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter