- e l e v e n -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Right after the meeting with the other Grand Dukes of Verboden, Myungsoo eventually told every member of the court to prepare and gather around once again since we will be going back to the winter kingdom. I assume that his magic reserve has renewed since he finally has the strength to open up the portal back to his realm.

Myungsoo and I was the last ones to enter the portal, he attempted to talk to me but I quickly entered and pass through the portal before he could even do so. I am still not ready to have a conversation with him after what happened on the Spring Feast. 

Days flies so fast and it has been three weeks since the last time that I talk to Myungsoo. Everytime that we see each other in the hallway, he would always either try to catch my eyes or attempt to start some conversation but I will always find an excuse to prevent those. Avoiding him is actually effortless since he's too occupied with the responsibilities as a Grand Duke.

I also stopped going to every meals for the past weeks, I will always ask for anyone to deliver the meal in my room instead. I am not sure but ever since that I've start avoiding him, his behavior has changed, he seems to be lost and distracted most of the time. I know that what I'm doing is quite rude but I can't help it, flashbacks of what he did and said keeps coming back everytime that I'm seeing him.

But I know that I can't avoid him forever especially that we are staying in the same place. When Namjoo was helping me this morning, I told her that I'm finally joining them again on every meal and stop delivering me one in my room which, of course, she happily obeyed. After she fix my hair, I took a deep breath and then proceed in the dining hall. I could hear the two males conversing amongst themselves from the outside. 

​​​​​​"Good morning," I greeted the two of them which abruptly made their conversation died, both are now looking at me as if I was a ghost.

"Finally you have the guts to join us here again," it was Woohyun who replied and wiggles his brow. "Morning, Naeun!" 

I gave him a small smile before settling into a chair in front of him, which is at the same adjacent with Myungsoo's. He was beyond surprised to find me seating near him, well this seat is not my usual place and I have been avoiding him since that Spring Feast, that explains his surprise. I have began filling up my plate with foods but Myungsoo is still staring at me unbelievably. I raise one brow at him which made him snap out. 

"Stop gawking at me as if I'm a ghost," I told him. 

"I just can't believe that you finally join us here again."

"I'm here and this is real. Now, eat." He obeyed and start eating his food again but keep looking at me every now and then, so as Woohyun. He seems to be observing the two of us. 

This breakfast felt like the very first one that we had together. The dining hall was filled of too much tension and every scrap of the utensils felt like a ticking bomb. Everything felt awkward but it still went peacefully though, Woohyun was the first one to finish and left eventually after saying his goodbye. Then Myungsoo was about to stand up but I grab his wrist. 

"Wait," he gave an amuse look at my hand holding his wrist making me draw it back as quickly as I have placed it. "Do you have stuffs to do today?"

He gave me an odd look, perhaps wondering what got into me but he answered anyways. "I do have but it doesn't require much attention though. Why did you asked?"

"I heard you love hunting as well as I do. Hunt with me?" 

Hearing my question has made his eyes soften and the tension building up on his shoulders magically drop. "It will be my pleasure, milady."

We spent the rest of the morning preparing and looking for a good place to hunt. During the ride, Myungsoo and I were struggling to keep our conversation going since there's an awkward silence hanging in the every now and then. I think the weeks that I have spent avoiding him costs us both because it has somehow dampened our friendship that we had before.

The winter realm is composed of snowy terrain and finding a good spot for hunting became a challenge for us. We even reached the northen borders of the realm in attempt to find preys but failed so we gave up. 

"Winter has been my least favourite season of the year," I confessed suddenly while taking our way back at the court. "Everything turns white and it's cold. It seems like the world is loosing its color."

"It is always winter at my court but here you are, staying. Why?" He put his horse into a sudden jolt. I know that my confession made him feel bad since he was the one who led me here. I gave him a small smile and stop my own horse as well. 

​​​​​​"The first week was like hell for me, you know. Having to wear thick garments to prevent the cold from getting into you. I also have to curl into a ball during the night to try warming myself. But," I said while unmounting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter