- t h i r t e e n -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I stopped sleeping in my own room since the incident that happened between Myungsoo and Taemin. It took me about five attempts before I was able to convince the caregiver to allow me to visit him and attended his needs on my own, and after a few more convincing, she finally agree.

To have my full attention on the Grand Duke, I occupied the empty bed beside him and stayed there almost everyday. Woohyun told me that the poison in the dagger is a strong one but no one could actually determine what kind or component was it.

As for Myungsoo, he has been unconscious for the tenth day today and it's worrying me. Faeries have heightened healing abilities but it seems like the poison is blocking the healing process and it could be one reason why Myungsoo hasn't still woken up. 

​​​​​I have dozed off in a chair beside Myungsoo's bed but I jolted awake through the sounds of the door opening up. I thought it was only a dream so I tried rubbing off the sleepiness from my eyes, but it is not. Standing by the door is the Grand Duke of the Day Kingdom, it was Kai. 

"How is him?" The Day Lord quickly went beside Myungsoo's bed and asked me. The Grand Duke of the Day Kingdom always has this dreamy aura that he looks serene. 

"He won't wake up. I-I don't know what's wrong with him, can you please help us? You are the all-knowing lord, aren't you? Please.. Please, help us."

He release a long sigh, "It does not work like that, Naeun. I only know things that are written on my scrolls and predict things based on the current emotion that a person is currently having. What made Myungsoo to undergo on this state is out of my scope," he pause and gave me an apologetic look and then went to get something from inside his coat. "I'm afraid but this is the only help that I could offer, child. I personally look for possible kind of poison that Myungsoo has taken in as well as the list of cures appropriate for each kind."

With a shaking hands, I receive the thick scroll from his hand and when I opened it, there is a long list of foreign words written there. I'm about to keep it but Kai held out a hand and rested it on my shoulder as if giving me a warning, I gave him a confuse look. "Should I try all these possible cures?" I asked.

"Giving the wrong antidote could put him in a greater threat, Naeun."

"Then what should I do? I-I don't want to cause more harm at him. He has suffered enough.."

"Do you really want to save him, child?" 

"I do. And I will do everything just to save him. Just to see him open up his eyes again." I said and Kai take a long look at me then he suddenly wave his hands in the air releasing gold sparkles, an orb appeared. 

"Take a look. This is the the Geest Meer​​​​​​, it is the lake where the Great Sibyl is living. If you are able to tame the wild waters of the lake and impress her, the Great Sibyl will answer everything that you wanted to know. The thing is, catching her attention is very tricky but it could help you in finding the right antidote for your Winter Lord."

"W-where can I find the lake? 

​​​​​​"It is in my realm, it is near in both Fire and Night Kingdom. And if you are really determine to go there and save your Grand Duke, I can bring you there myself."

I did not think any longer because Myungsoo's life depends on it. I take a deep breath and look directly into the golden eyes of the Day Lord and said, "Please take me there."

 

 

 

 

Leaving Myungsoo has been the hardest part, but I don't have any other choice but to do so since it will be the only way to save him and prevent the poison from spreading further. It took me an hour to prepare all the things that I need and when I got back, I was told that Kai was in the dining hall with Woohyun.

"Please ensure that she will be safe." I heard Woohyun mumble to the Grand Duke of the Day Kingdom and earning a resurring smile from him as a response. 

"I will. Don't worry about her." Kai said and look at my direction, I am a bit surprised that he knows exactly where I am standing. "I suppose you are now ready."

"I am," I said as I make my way towards the two of them. I hope that this trip to the Day Kingdom will earn some good result. Just wait for me Myungsoo, I will have your antidote soon. Please hang in there.

Then I face Woohyun and gave him a small smile. "Take care of Myungsoo for me, okay? I promise to return as soon as possible and that I will give my best to get the right antidote."

"I will, be careful there, okay?" I only give him a quick nod and then face Kai, he has readied and already open up a portal to his lands. The Day Lord offered his hand to me and smiled warmly before finally saying, "Let's go."

We entered the portal at the same time and within a second, we are in the Day Realm. I was temporarily blinded of the brightness emitted by the sun. The air  was hot and humid making my winter clothes seemingly out of place. That was what I forgot, the clothes, I forgot to change clothes!

Thankfully, the Day Lord has seems to notice my struggles and look at the clothes that I am in. He chuckled, "Your clothes are inappropriate for the  weather of the Day Realm. Let me fix it for you," within a snap of his fingers, golden lights wraps around my body and in an instant, my thick clothes was replaced with a blouse and a loose pants. "There, you can move freely with those."

"Thank you very much, Grand Duke."

"You can call me Kai, formalities are not needed, really." He said and I nod enthusiastically. I first thought that Kai will be the most difficult Grand Duke to be manage but I was wrong,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter