- t h i r t y n i n e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

I have been here in the Court of Wishes for less than a day yet I felt that a year has already passed, and for what reason? That would be the warm atmosphere that this place and its people offer. 

Both the Grand Duke and I stayed out of the city until nightfall, and I am quite surprised on how alive the whole city remained after the sun completely sets, it's like all have become livelier when the stars came twinkling up above. Even the crowd gathered in the so-called Musical Alley had thickened as the night grew to speculate all the musicians to play the most beautiful melody that I have ever heard in my entire life, and I feel so proud that one of them was my sister. 

I am very much thankful for Taemin since he has taken care of my sister well ever since we were parted, apparently, she was the Night Lord's other guest and she's currently occupying the spare room in the townhouse. Aside from it, I am also grateful since we have been standing  amongst the crowd watching my sister play for several hours now yet I did not heard any complaints from him, and whenever I throw a glance at his direction, I would always see his bright smile. He was even dragged towards the middle by a faerie to dance with her which he gladly accepted, then after that, I was pushed in the middle as well and I joined him happily.

I wish that this moment would never end, I am so happy and it's been a while since I last have this kind of feeling! I finally found my sister and she's safe, and here I am enjoying my life, dancing with the most beautiful male that I have ever seen under the moonlight. If all of these were just a dream, I wish I would never wake again.

"Tell me, do you like it here?" the Night Lord told me as we continued dancing along with his people, he's smiling! 

"No," I laugh. "I think I love it here and I decided to stay. Perhaps it will be a good idea to settle down in here."

Taemin's smile grew even bigger as he twirl me around and asked, "You did? Well, I can't deny that I'm quite relieved to heard that. I hope you'll grow loving my beloved court more."

I mirrored the toothy grin of the grand duke as I said, "I am pretty sure I will. I might even love it more than I did with my home back in the mortal lands. I could see that my sister has loved this place and I know that I'll do too. I hope you don't mind having another guest living with you."

"Oh no," he chuckled, "I don't really mind as long as you'll make me another portrait."

"You want me to paint you, again?" I said as I raised an eyebrow playfully at him which earned another grin from the Night Lord. 

"If you want then I'll be honored. Apologies since I did actually stole the portrait that you painted in the Night Palace and have it hanged in my bedroom," Taemin twirl me around one last time before the music finally came to stop then he caught me on his arm. 

​​​​​​"Y-You did? Remind me later to check your room so I'll see where did you put it," I tried masking out the heating forming from my face since I felt embarrassed of what he did.

The Night Lord finally let me go only to held out his arm once again and said, "Shall I you to your sister now, Naeun Sweetheart?"

I did not answer him anymore, instead I hook my own arm with his and let him to led me towards my giggling sister amongst the musicians. I am a bit nervous, the last time that my sister saw me was in the devil's lair and I am still human back then, I would be excited to hug her again if the situation was different. But I am no longer her mortal sister, I have become a faerie and I'm afraid on how she will react about it.

I absentmindedly reached for Taemin's warm hands which made him flinch out of surprise, then I heard him said, "What's the matter?" 

I look up to his face with worry lingering on mine as I came to answer him, "I'm afraid that she'll freak out when she saw that I turned into faerie."

​​​​​​Understanding flashed over his handsome features as he heard what I muttered, then I suddenly felt him tapping our intertwined hands. "Trust me she wouldn't, he said and I only nodded.

We were only a few steps away from her yet she still not able to spot the Night Lord and I, she seems to be so occupied with laughing and I could tell that she greatly enjoy the company of her new found friends.

My breath hitched as my sister Chorong finally whipped her head towards our direction, Taemin was the first one she came to noticed, then when her eyes darted into me, I heard a yelp escaped from her trembling lips. Then within a heartbeat later, I felt both of her hands wrapped around me tightly. She's crying, and it made me shed my own tears as well. I have waited too long for this and I am so much grateful to Taemin beceause he let it happened. 

"I missed you, Naeun. I missed you so very much," Chorong said clearly despite of her sobbing. 

"I missed you too and I'm glad you're safe. I will gone mad if something bad has ever happened to you." My tears were cascading into my face as I enclosed my sister into a tight hug.

I'm not sure how long we've stayed tangled between our arms. Chorong was the one who broke lose and when I look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter