- f o u r t e e n -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I am watching the twinkling of the stars from my open windows while lying down on my bed. I will be going home tomorrow but I can't make myself happy about the thought of seeing my sister and living with her once again. I don't want to leave here, not now that I am starting to open up my heart for Myungsoo. But I can't do anything to stop him. He wanted me away, he said that it will be the best, that I will be safer if I am away.

"You must go back. I should send you back in Mondain right now." 

Those words felt like thorns. I just have gotten back from my quest in attempting to find a cure to save him yet he didn't even greeted me or asked if I am well, or did I encounter some terrible creatures around, he did not.

He spat those words into my face without even thinking how will I feel, but I did not gave in right away. I tried convincing him that I can stay here, that I should stay but he did not hear me out. I even asked for Woohyun's help but he only stood there unmoving, I thought he will support me but no, so I ran as fast as I can and lock myself into my room. 

​​​​​​I skipped dinner. Someone tried bringing me my meal but I send the them away. I don't want to eat and I don't have the appetite for it. The whole court seems to sympathize with my emotions because it has been silent since Myungsoo and I argued on the matter of my return in my homeland.

It is getting late but I can't make myself sleep, I think I will never sleep at all. I tried distracting myself by doing something but there is no other stuffs to do, packing is not necessary since I don't really have much items to bring for tomorrow's trip. Feeling desperate, I went to the vanity and decided to brush my long hair so that I can keep myself from thinking, but before can I even do so, the crystal pendant dangling from my neck caught my eyes.

The pendant gives out a shimmer in the dark that resembles the winking of the stars in the skies. I should have had taken it off when I learned that Taemin is a different man, that he is a wicked and cunning, but I can't.

The pendant has been seating on my neck for a quite long time and I grew to love it actually. With all the things that I have earned from staying here in Verboden, this is the only one that I can truly call my own. There was actually once that I forgot wearing the necklace and I feel that there's something missing. Since Taemin has given it to me, Naeun won't be Naeun without the star-freckled pendant.

The pendant suddenly glowed and started warming up making me throw my brush somewhere. As far as I can remember, the warming only happened once and that was when Thamuz and Taemin came here in the court. Could it possible that either of the two is in here? Panic got me into my feet and made me scan my room but I found nothing. With a sigh, I went back in brushing my hair.

Moments later, I caught a small movement coming up from the dark corner of my room and night breeze gently caress my skin, but before I could even inspect it, darkness swallowed me and put me into a slumber. 

​​​​​​

 

 

 

I jolted awake and find myself in the comforts of my bed, as far as I can remember I wasn't here last night. I am seating in the vanity and that was where I fell asleep, I went to check the locks on my door and found it just the same as I locked it. It must have been a dream, but I take a look of myself in the mirror and saw dark circles lingering beneath my eyes, meaning I slept late, then what happened last night wasn't really a dream. But how did I end up in my bed?

I was torn off on my thoughts when I heard Namjoo banging in the door and shouting something. I stood up lazily and went to open up the door and saw that her eyes were both bright and there's something wrong with her, I'm not sure but sadness can be seen all over her face. A moment later, she wrapped both of her arms on me and she started sobbing, I have gone still. 

"W-why are you crying?" I asked her and it made her cry even louder. I panicked, "Hey, hey. Hush, don't cry."

"W-why did you have to go? Why?" 

"I don't know, they said that I'll be safer if I'm away.." I tried explaning it to Namjoo but she refused to listen.

She keeps mumbling that she don't want we to go, that she will be devastated when I am gone and a lot more wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter