- t w e n t y f o u r -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PHASE II

 

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

I got so much excited as I was turned into faerie but being one is not as fantastic as I had imagined it to be.

Four months—yes, it has been four long months since I'd died and brought back to life as a faerie yet I still haven't had the hang of it.

It was fun at first because I got to do things as swiftly as I can, see things that a mortal eyes couldn't, smell even the tiniest scent around and a lot more. But the thing is that since I was transformed into fae, I haven't had a peaceful sleep yet, literally not a single one. Why? That is because I keep jerking awake everytime my new faerie ears caught even the smallest sounds  and it was actually my most hated part of being one, the heightened hearing. 

But there's a bigger problem than that. Aside from the noises, I wasn't able to really sleep because I got terrible anxiety attacks whenever the darkness fall most specifically when everything in my room was lock.

There was once that I woke up almost everyone in the court because I came shouting so loud that made the Winter Lord got bursting with panic inside my room. After the incident in the devil's castle, I start hating the feeling of being locked up and even the dark so I have to threw all the windows open and leave a lamp whenever I go to sleep. 

Nightmares filled my sleep, I constantly dreaming of the faeries that I killed and my own blood pooling the floor which will make me scrumbling off the covers and puking all over the bathroom. Since then, Myungsoo insisted that he should sleep in my room so he can ensure that nothing bad happens to me but whenever I stand up to vomit at night, he would only remain lying on the other side of the bed. I could feel him awake yet he won't leave there to somehow ease me up. 

Coping up with the horrors that Thamuz left us had been difficult. We have been struggling a lot since we came back here in the Winter Realm, the first thing that the Grand Duke did was to repair all the wreckage that the devil did to his court and everyone became too much occupied with all the mending since then, well except for me.

Myungsoo told me that I've sacrificed almost everything and that would be enough, I tried arguing that I should still help since I belong here now, I am part of the Winter Court yet he keep insisting that I should do my thing instead. The thing is, I don't really have stuffs to do so I'm spending most of my day lazing around or staring into nothingness! ​​​​​

Like hello, I think I'm slowly dying due to boredom! Growing up, I never like washing dishes but I might gladly take the chores just to relive my boredom. Dang it, they just won't let me!

I will be so much delighted if the Grand Duke of the Night Kingdom will march through the entryway of the court but it just won't happen. Back in Thamuz' filthy castle, he offered to save me from dying by asking, or more like bargaining, every first week of the month which I should spent together with him in the Night Realm.

But guess what, he never did actually came, I've waited for him to appear for the whole four months but I never heard a single thing from him. I'm starting to think that the Night Lord realized that he wouldn't get any good trying to spent some time with me.

To be honest, there's a lot of stuffs that running through my head but I cannot do anything to let it happen. Here's the coping up with suddenly being a faerie, the night lord, my sister—well speaking of her, I haven't heard anything of her whereabouts as well. I keep telling Myungsoo to find her or at least bring me to the Day Realm to ask it to Kai myself but then again he just won't.

Just like my boring days, here I am lying in my bed waiting for Namjoo to come fetch me up for meals, this has been my daily life, leaving the comforts of my room only when I'm about to take my meal. Finally, I heard a soft knock from my doors so I stood up as quickly as possible to open it up.

"Oh, I'm about to open it up but you got here rather fast. Are you hungry?" Namjoo smilingly said. 

"Well no, I mean, not really. I just want to leave my room now because boredom will be the death of me!" 

"That's over exaggerated, Lady Naeun! You're a faerie, you can't die!" She said. Lady—that has been my new title since we came back here and I don't really like it, I keep saying that they should call me by my name but they don't want to so I just let them do whatever they want. "Come now, the Winter Lord will introduce you to someone."

"A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter