- t w e n t y n i n e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

I wish I could have the ability to control my dreams so I can turn my nightmares into sweet ones. My nightmares were constantly repeating and mostly it were all focused on my days at the devil's lair, there were times that I dreamt of the two innocent faeries that I killed and but almost all my nightmares were filled with Thamuz' face and his ear-wreaking laugh.

But tonight was different—I was instantly jerked awake as extreme darkness came rushing at me and it was so vivid that I thought everything was real. 

I was in some unknown place in my sleep, everything was entirely made of blackstone and different kind of weeping and shrieking noise echoed throughout the hall. The sentries were forcefully dragging me towards into what I assume was a ballroom, and when I look down I saw that I am wearing a plain white dress. As we stride closer to the middle of the crowd, I was tossed onto the floor and two pairs of feet greeted me, horror filled my inside as I look up because standing in front of me was Thamuz and behind him was an unknown man wearing a misshappen mask.

"Well, well. It's nice to see you again, Naeun darling." Thamuz greeted me with his signature menacing smile and then angled his head to the masked man beside him and said, "I retrieved your bride, grand duke. It's quite difficult to separate her from her mate, you know. It's time to do my bidding!" 

The unknown man slowly remove his mask and air was instantly knocked off from my lungs as I beheld who was the man, it was Myungsoo. My beloved male was standing beside Thamuz without any anger and they even shook hands. The Winter Lord was attempting to get me from my feet and that was when I jolted awake.

I came rushing to the bathroom since I felt that I was about to throw up, I vomit and vomit as I hug the cool toilet to support me as I reek. Luckily, my room here in the night palace was not as suffocating as what I have in the winter court and it helped to somehow subsided the intensity of my sickening feeling. 

Ten minutes—I've been vomiting here for about ten minutes now and I do not know whether I am retching too loud or not. Suddenly, I felt a hand gently hold onto my hair and another one to pat at my back. 

"Are you okay?" I heard the Night Lord said as my vomiting comes to stop but he kept his hold and patting at my back continued. 

"I-I'm fine," I said but I could tell that he's not satisfied with my answer because his face has gone deadly serious.

"Tell me, are you pregnant?" He said with intense coldness from his voice. 

"What the heck are you talking about?!" 

"I always felt you through the bond. You're always waking up in the middle of the night to vomit." 

"Of course I'm not! How can I be pregnant if I haven't let Myungsoo do it. It was my constant nightmare! It causes me to throw up all the time so stop those dirty thoughts of yours, will you?" 

"R-Really? You guys.. still didn't you know?​​​​​"

"Heck no!" 

I watch as the growing darkness on Taemin's face suddenly lit up, he remove his hold from my hair and help me up to my feet then led me back to my bed. He seems to be in a good mood since I could hear his soft humming as he me back to my bed, I stare at him and I was awestruck as I noticed that he looks like a human. Gone was the elegant mandarin-collared suit and it was replaced with a plain white tunic and trousers, I swear he looks so godly despite of the simple clothes.

"Are you done staring at me, sweetheart?" Taemin's words got me back to my senses and I saw that he was smirking at me. To be honest, this male could have been a dream guy only if he's not too pricky and vain.

"So proud of yourself, aren't you?" I said and gave him a vulgar finger which earned a cheerful laugh at him. Gosh, he's taking my breath away! Please don't be like this! 

"And you're too much vexed," He said with a chuckle, then he push me lightly on the bed and throw the covers over my body. "You should sleep. You'll have a hell of a day tomorrow since your training with Sehun will be first in the morning. Good night, sweetheart."

I don't know why my heart starts palpitating, it must have been a joke, this could not happen! I might be not be sure by now but still Myungsoo is waiting for me. A have a groom waiting for me and what I'm feeling right now is wrong, I should prevent it before it could get any worse. But how can any female resist this kind of charm? 

"Good night," that was the only thing that I say and promptly wrapped the sheets over my heating face.

 

 

 

 

Sun rays pass through the openness of my bedroom making it emit golden glow in every corner, clear cloudless sky and snowcapped mountains can be seen outside, and I woke up through a soft shaking coming from my back. I went to rub my eyes before lazily turn towards the person who woke me up and saw that it was the female from last night, it was Bomi and she's giving me the a grin way brighter than the pooling sunlight! 

"Good morning, Naeun!" Bomi greeted as she went to jump all over my huge circular bed. 

"H-How can you be so energetic first thing in the morning?" I asked grumpily and tried pulling the sheets over my head once again but the frisky Bomi yanked it away from me, I groan. 

"Have you forgot that you have trainings today? Now, up!"

Adrenaline came rushing over my body as I heard what Bomi said, I was instantly off to my feet and went to the bathroom to have a quick cleanse before I change my night clothes. Did I overslept? Am I late? Will Sehun be mad at me if I came a bit late to our early training? I guess I don't want to know. 

I went to swiftly dampened my face and soap it as fast as I can to somehow minimize the time then proceed with brushing up my teeth. Bomi threw a leather suit towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter