- e i g h t -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

The next morning, my day started again with ground patrols with Woohyun but with the exemption of the western borders. I am a bit groggy since I stay up late last night contemplating about the panther, which I believe to be Taemin. 

After the patrol, we proceed into the dining hall and find Myungsoo already seated in the one of the chairs with a cup of tea in one hand and a scroll in another. His eyes darted on our direction as he sense our entrance, he gave us both a half smile. We greeted each other with 'Good Mornings' upon settling in our respective seats. With a snap of a finger, delightful foods appeared on the table. 

​​​​​​Woohyun and I converse in between our meals and laugh in some matters than we both find amusing. Myungsoo, on the other hand, remains not to be bothered and keep his full attention on the scroll that he is currently reading. I am about to ask him what is written on there when he put it down and clear his throat making Woohyun and I seat in attention.

"As you all know, the winter season has officially ended and today is the first day of spring," he started and all of the servants and sentries present in the dining hall started murmuring. "Every year, the Vernal Kingdom held a banquet to celebrate the first bloom of the fresh flowers and the Spring Lord, Suho, personally invited us all to the Spring Feast."

Everyone inside the hall, including Woohyun, celebrated and scream in delight because of the great news. Myungsoo caught my eyes and gave me a warm smile,. Perhaps he knew that I don't have a single clue of what's happening. 

​​​​​​"Go on, prepare for all the things that you need. Everyone please gather in the great hall this afternoon and I shall transport you all there personally." Everyone became so wild, you can feel their excitement filling up the air. Woohyun even tug me up from my seat and twirl me.

​​​​​​"This is going to be fun, Naeun! Come on and start preparing!"

 

 

 

 

Namjoo came looking for me after the announcement and pulled me back in my room. Just like the others, she is also giddy and excited about this so-called Spring Feast.

When I entered my room a long sleeved dress was placed on my bed, and it is in the color of pale dusty blue adorned by tiny pink and white flowers on the skirt. Namjoo happily helped me with wearing the dress and then proceeded in fixing my hair into a loose up-do. 

"I should put a tinge of color into your face so you wouldn't look so pale, what do you think?" I am still clueless so I just let Namjoo do her thing. After several minutes she made me look at the mirror, I almost not recognize myself! She has given my lips a pink tint and then colored my lids with a peachy shade. 

​​​​​​"I look...different."

​​​"Oh come on, you look beautiful Naeun!" 

"I, uh, thank you," I said to her and she wink at me before going out of my room, of course, she also needs to prepare for the feast. I try to stand up and twirl around and my skirt gives out soft rustling sound. I can't quite believe my eyes! Someone knock on my door and then open it up, it was Myungsoo. His fur-lined tunic was replaced with a simpler yet still regal one. 

"Naeun are you rea...dy," words die from his mouth as he took me in. I can see his eyes slowly scanning me from head to toe and back again. With wide eyes he said, "You.. You look so gorgeous. The dress suits you well."

I blushed, "Well I think Namjoo did a great job."

"I swear you look so beautiful today," he close the distance between us. "But there is something missing," then he snap his fingers and a crown of pale blue and white flowers appeared on his hands. He settle the crown atop of my head and stare at me again.

"There, you look ethereal." 

"Thank you.."

"Let's go, they must have gathered in the great hall now," he offered his arm and I gladly took it. Together we made our way towards the castle grounds where the others gathered.

Everyone looks extraordinary on their tunics and dresses. Woohyun spotted the two of us and run excitedly on our direction with a huge grin plastered on his face. When he is near he whistled as he took my hand then bowed before me and mockingly said, "You look so fine today, Lady Naeun." 

​I laught and playfully hit his arm. Everyone seems so excited with the Spring Feast and I can no longer wait as well. At long last, the Grand Duke of the Winter Court get everyone's attention and make his final announcement. He told us that as what the tradition helds, every court will be present in the banquet so everyone must act on their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter