- t w e n t y t w o -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Someone was clanking at my prison cell that made me came rushing up from my deep slumber. After rubbing my eyes I saw that there were two wyvwalker opening up the lock of the bars. 

"Is it morning already?" I asked in curiosity. 

"It's evening." One of the wyvwalker said. When they finished unlocking my cell, they yanked me out and got me walking towards somewhere.

"Where are we going? Isn't evening my only time to rest?" 

"Shut up, human girl. Master Thamuz requested for everyone to gather in his throne room, including you. You better close your filthy mouth if you don't want to be knocked off."

I know that is better not to argue so I obeyed. I remained silent as I was being escorted into the throne room. We bumped into several faeries on our way and they would stop on what they were doing just to give me a look so I held my chin high, I would not give them the satisfaction of me being embarrassed or intimidated by their kind. Another thing is that, their freedom is within the hands of this human girl so they better avoid gossiping about my misfortune of being mortal unlike them.

The wyvwalkers flunged the doors of the throne room wide open, and my jaw almost drop as I took in the number of faeries and other creatures gathered around. I have had witnessed it twice before yet tonight was different, it's like everyone indeed gathered here to witness whatever nonsense that the devil Thamuz will say.

Even the six powerful grand dukes of Verboden were all present for it. But despite of the largeness of the crowd, utter silence greeted me, and it feels like a huge mockery. 

A moment later the crowd parted to give the devil Thamuz a clear path towards his throne. Once that he was seated there, the wyvwalkers pushed me forward and shoved me right below the the raised dais where their master was seated.

Thamuz gave me a menacing smile before he wave a hand in the air and six stone chairs appeared on my left, I assume each was dedicated for one grand duke. 

"A pleasant evening everyone," he started and every head snap towards him, "And to you too, mortal girl." Thamuz said as he look at me and offered me a smile once more. I did not answer, I just remain kneeled in front of him, glaring. 

"I have received an interesting news tonight and I am feeling quite generous because of it," once those words left his filthy mouth, the crowd started whispering amongst themselves, perhaps they are wondering what made the devil delighted. Though even I, to be honest, feel intrigued as well.

"You see, I like spending nights like these with a few glasses of faerie wine but one of my servant has delivered me something worthy of a spectacle tonight." Thamuz started talking again which eventually made the crowd silent again. "But before we officially start the show, I have prepared special seats for each of your beloved grand dukes so that they could watch it with us comfortably. Come, join us please."

I can see that the six grand dukes were thinking twice whether if they will take the seats or not but as they saw that the Autumn Lord went forth and took a seat, they all followed suit.

I must have imagined it but I thought I saw Thamuz smiled terrifyingly at them but I brush it away as the devil started talking again, and this time he is talking specifically to me and said, "Human girl, I have made a deal with you; I required that you must accomplish three of my chosen tasks for the sake of the freedom of these faeries, and you have already succeeded on the first one. I said earlier that I am pretty delighted so I've decided to give you your final task tonight instead of having another two."

Soft whispers issued throughout the hall once again as Thamuz revealed one of the reasons why we were all gathered here tonight.

I can't believe what I am hearing, I am just one task ahead before I can finally have my love saved from this mess, we are only a task ahead before Verboden could finally be free again!

I gave the wicked faerie seated in front of me a surprised smile but he only glance quickly down at me. Everyone seems agitated by this that the throne room was suddenly filled by all sorts of noises. 

"But before I give you my final task tonight, let us witness the other reason for this spectacle. Let's start," he purred and a loud clicking sound surrounded the hall and was followed by series of gasps.

"What the hell is this?!" I heard the Summer Lord Minho shouted as he tried yanking the metal away from him. My jaw dropped as I beheld the six lords shackled into their seats.

Thamuz let out one booming laugh and said, "Surprise! I have those seats specially made for you, and oh, those are iron bands!"

"What's the meaning of this?" It was Suho's turn to speak and I could see the suddem darkening of his face, he's enrage. 

"Well, I don't want anyone of you to disturb the final task. It's sad that you will remain bounded there for the rest of the evening." said the devil. 

"You are a cunning bastard Thamuz." it was Kai.

"I will ing kill you!" said Chanyeol and Taemin at the same time. If the situation is different, I could have laugh.

"Oh you can try IF you can escape. That's iron, it will absorb your magic." Thamuz laughingly said and then faced the crowd. "Now, let me tell you what my loyal servant has delievered me. A traitor, someone had the guts to betray me by making me believe that his loyalty belongs to me yet he managed to turn it around. But like what I have said, I'm being generous today so even though he caused betrayal, I will still let him see his beloved family for the last time. Bring them in."

As he said the last three words, wyvwalkers forced three cloaked figures on their knees beside me. I heard soft whimpers comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter