- t h i r t y f o u r -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Until next time...

Those were his last words and I cling into it as if it's my salvation; here is it again, the growing emptiness that I am feeling and Taemin is the only one who can take it all away.

Sadly, I'm not with him anymore; I am no longer with him because I am stubborn and persistent and as a result, I need to wait a long time for me to feel alive once again, I need to wait a very long time for me to feel completed again.

Letting my mate go is the hardest thing for me to do but it's my own choice anyways so I must do it even though it pains me, it pains the both of us. And honestly speaking, I am starting to feel guilty of what I am doing to Taemin. I know how much he have already been through, I've seen how his remaining family were taken away from him and it must be the most painful thing that he ever encountered, yet here I am adding fuel to fire. I am his mate but I can't do anything to help him which made me feel utterly useless and terrible. How can I deserve such a male like him? 

"Taemin, Taemin can you hear me?" I tried communicating with him through the bond but I never get the response that I want. It is dark and silent here, too silent for my liking. 

It has been minutes since the Night Lord left but here I am, still remained kneeling on the snow-covered grounds, cold hands were trying to yank me up to my feet but I refused to budge. I keep trying reaching the Night Lord, I am patiently waiting for him to respond. I didn't mind the cold, I didn't mind the force trying to pull me up, I don't give a damn on everything and what only matters is that I heard the voice of my mate at least one last time. 

"Taemin please," I gave out another try but still it's silent. Desperation got me closing my eyes, I was about to give up but then I saw a golden string inside my mental reservoir and I tried following it but it seems to be endless! I keep walking through where the direction of the string went in hopes that I'll see him to the other side but miles after miles, only darkness keep greeting me. No grand duke, no mate, no Taemin waiting for me. 

Then my knees suddenly left the snow-cushioned ground and I am finally being taken inside the Winter Court. I want them to let go but trashing didn't led me anywhere since two firm-handed winter sentries kept me from getting away, the scene was almost familiar, it felt like the same as how the sentries back in the devil's lair forcefully led me towards the throne room where I received my death. No, this is not my home. I never meant for winter, it is the Night where I truly belong. 

Familiar smiling faces greeted me in the hallway and I can tell that I am being led away towards the court's council room where the Grand Duke of the Winter Kingdom spend most of his time attending matters in connection with his people and lands. But I am not prepared to face him yet, not now especially that the last time that I've seen him was on our supposed to be wedding day but I ruined it. Afraid of what will happen with my encounter with the Winter Lord got me closing my eyes once again and I saw that the golden string still lingers.

Following it seems to lead nowhere so I gave it a quick tug instead and then I felt it. I heard him, I finally heard my mate. It was like a sudden flash of light that got me blinded for seconds which made me let go of the string and he was instantly gone!

I want to see him, I want to hear him again one last time so this time, I grabbed the golden string and tied it around myself as securely as possible then I suddenly feel complete. It reminds me of a certain feeling—oh, it was the kiss that we shared, I heard it, I felt it snap. We're connected once again. 

"Taemin?" I sofly murmured through our mental bond, at first I thought that my efforts came only to waste but then I felt him stirred a little as if he's in shock. I know that he felt me, he heard me at long last! 

"Naeun? Naeun, is that you?" Surprise is indeed obvious through his voice and it made my heart skip a beat. 

"Yes," I simply said. 

"But how did you do it?" 

"I saw a string inside my mental reservoir and I cling into it, then this happened."

"You have discovered the—" ​​​​​

 

"Naeun? Naeun, I can't beli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter