- f o r t y s e v e n -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

The Night Lord's Point of View

The Court of Wishes is considered to be one of the safest place in the land of Verboden. For thousand of years, my family and my oldest descendant had been putting all our powers just to ensure that this place remains to be hidden so that we can keep it away from any form of danger or harm. And because of this many creatures, both faeries and humans, find comfort in living inside this city.

Everyday for that long, long years, each one of us is confident that our city will remain peaceful and untouched but that thought completely shattered today. Because for the first time, the ever peaceful Court of Wishes has faced its horror.

This night was supposed to be filled with drinking and dancing and aside from that, it was also supposed to be night that me and my mate will finally become as one. The night was almost perfect but tonight, my greatest fear happened. 

"Hello, Naeun. Your wedding dress suits you well but I'm afraid that you're about to marry the wrong groom."

My blood almost churned as I heard his voice and all my powers rumbles beneath me. But every emotion that I currently having dissolves as I felt my mate's own emotions flooding through the bond. Nothing but indescribable fear was emitting from her which abruptly made me move to her side; I tried moving her aside but her body refused to move.

"T-Thamuz, how did you.. how.." 

The devil's laugh vibrated loudly to the already silent hall and every echoes of it seems like making all Naeun's fear to worsen and I could no longer see her like that. I hated it.

"How did you enter the barriers, Thamuz? Who invited you in?" My voice is calm as I said those words but deep down all I want to do is rip the devil's head. But I won't do it, not in front of my already frightened mate. 

Thamuz paid me no attention and the devil even dared to walk around so that he could have a good view of my mate. My body itches to attack him but I can't especially that almost all of my court is present in this ballroom and I can't put any single soul in harm. So I have no choice left but to fix a predatory gaze on the devil's direction and asked the second time, "I'm asking you, Thamuz. Who the hell invited you in?" 

"Ah, Naeun, Naeun, Naeun. If my memory serves me right, you were just a human when I last saw you. Human and dead," said Thamuz as he tried reaching a filthy hand to my mate's face but she quickly swatted it away. 

"W-What are you d-doing?" she asked which earned another set of laughter from the devil.

"You intrigued me, Naeun. I never thought that the Grand Dukes will ever grant you another life, a life as one of them," Thamuz said as he started pacing around us. "Do you know that you're the first ever human granted which such gift? I wonder what other gift have they granted you.."

I'm growing impatient and I hate being stuck in a dilemma where I need to choose between saving someone I love and protecting my court because I have the tendency to do the later. But I do not want to make that mistake again. I am already tired of losing the most important people in my life, I had enough. Tonight, just for tonight, let me put my personal feelings first.

While Thamuz is occupied with his little amusement with my mate, I silently summoned for my shadows and commanded them to send the devil flying towards one of the pillars in the hall. And with that, commotion abruptly erupted from my court as they staggered away from where we are.

"Enough with your shenanigans, Thamuz. I said who invited you in?" 

It took only a matter of seconds for Thamuz recovered from my attack and he quickly fired his offense. With just a blink of an eye, he knocked me hardly off my feet and pain reverted throughout my body.

Seconds later, the devil was already in front of me and angrily said, "I am only here to get Naeun and I have no plans of attacking you or your court but I am guessing that you're refusing to let it happen, then, let's do this the hard way."

Greenish orbs appears on his both hands and without much of a blink, he send one flying towards my direction but thanks to my faerie reflex, I was able to dodge it quickly. Waiting for his attacks will do me no good so I wasted no time and once again call upon my shadows. A shield made from black void appeared on my hand and deadly shadow whip on the other.

I made a quick dash towards where Naeun is still standing and together we run away from the devil. If she's not here, I could have kill Thamuz right away but she being here means danger. So so much danger especially that she is the actual reason why Thamuz made a way to get entry in the Court of Wishes. 

"Naeun," I tried calling her through our mental bond as we run and thankfully she responded right away so I continued, "I need to face Thamuz and I want you to run as fast as you can. Look for Sehun or any of our friends. Hide, and as much as possible, keep anyone else from seeing you. I'll keep him occupied."

"No,​​​​​​" she shouted from the bond. "I won't leave you alone. I won't let you face him again on your own. I'm going to help you, let me help you. I can fight."

"Naeun, please. He made himself clear th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter