- t h i r t y t w o -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

The next day, my training went as usual but the only difference is that I have the chance to eat breakfast since food magically appeared as I prepare myself for the training. Bomi did not came to my room today and Hayoung was also nowhere to be found, perhaps the two of them have some important matter to attend to which explains their absence.

To be honest, I am not in the mood to attend trainings because I am afraid of what I might encounter. I'm too tired of all the confrontations and surprises so I wish I am lucky today to have the Night Lord be occupied with other stuffs so I can no longer meet him today. I am still a little shaken of what I've learn yesterday and my brain is not yet ready to process it fully. I'm mated, and my mate watches as I love somebody else. Funny, isn't? 

By the time that I have arrived in the training hall, Sehun was already there busy doing something. When I peered in, I saw that he was fetching random weapons from the armoury at the corner of the room and placing it on a table located in the center. He abruptly look up as he finished stacking all the familiar and unfamiliar weapons on the table then he offered me a small smile.

"You haven't had a good rest last night, have you?" Sehun said as I went closer to where he is standing and I was a little bit surprise of what he said because it was true.

"How did you know? Let me guess, is that your sort of magical ability?" I asked and Sehun instantly huffed a loud laugh. 

"No, of course not. My ability only consist of heightened strength and invulnerability which made me the perfect candidate for the Night Realm's General Commander," he said at me with some delight in his voice which I found to be so amusing. I have never saw him smile neither heard him laugh since the day I've arrived here, well except whenever he was talking to the Night Lord's cousin. 

​​​​​​"Then why were you able to see through me?" 

"Like what I've said, I am the General Commander of the Night Realm meaning I have trained a lot of faerie warriors before you and it allowed me to somehow learn when someone is not physically and mentally doing well," he answered then he gave me a quick scan from head to feet and continued, "And by the looks of you, I know that you're not able to have vigorous training that's why I've decided to familiarize you with weapons instead."

I have this kind of a love-hate relationship with weapons, I used bow and arrows before in order to make my sister and I survive our hunger and it was also the same weapon that I used to killed the faerie that brought me in the lands of Verboden. 

Another thing was the blades and dagger, those weapons that I used back in devil's lair has caused me to shed the blood of two innocent souls as well as mine, those were the weapons that caused me to die and reborn with a new immortal body. 

I wanted to turn my back but it seems like the General Commander of the Night wouldn't allow me to, real enthusiasm can be reflected on those brown eyes. So even with a shakey knees, I still went closer to the stacked weapons and check it all up close.

"Tell me how many weapons do you recognize," the General Commander told me as I moved closer to the table. I only recognize a few: different looking swords, axe, bows, spear, and daggers. Those were only the weapons that I could name of and the rest are unknown. 

​​​​​​"Five, I can only name five and I have used three of them."

"Which one?" Sehun asked me seriously. 

"The sword, daggers and the bow. I used to hunt back in the mortal lands for our food."

"Get the bow and fetch some arrows. Let me see how you aim," I must have only imagined it but I think I heard some challenge from his voice so with a look at him, I went to do what he told me to. 

There were three kind of bows placed on the table, one was what I assume is a crossbow and the other two looks like a normal bow it's just that the size were different. I went to fetch the regular-sized one and picked one arrow from the quiver. There's a target located on the other side of tha hall and I went to a stop in a healthy distance from it, with a long deep breath, I fix my aim towards the bullseye then I send the arrow flying away from me. Bingo! I hit the middle! 

I heard a clap from a distant and saw the General Commander smiling at me proudly and said, "You have a good aim! Well done, well done!" 

"What else do you want me to do then?" I asked. 

"Well, the use of bow and arrow is advantageous if you want your work to be swift and less bloody but it seemingly unfavorable during close battles so I want you to learn how to use swords and handy weapons like daggers and throwing knives. I was told that you have powers like what the grand dukes have but you haven't mastered it yet right? So it will be better if you have knowledge of combats and weaponry so once that your power fails you, you can still fight with your physical strength."

​​​​​​"Wait, I thought we'll not having much of a locomotion today?" I whined like a child which made Sehun chuckled a bit. 

"Yes we aren't but you still need to move your limbs milady since I'm going to teach you the basics of swordsmanship."

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter