- t w e n t y f i v e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

I woke up the next day with the sound of soft knocks on my door. My whole body aches due to the reason that I fell asleep on the couch instead on my bed and I'm still on my heavy dress that I wore last night. Groaning, I went to open up the door but immediately close it again when I saw who's standing outside.

"Uhm.. I'm sorry if I wake you up," the female named Sulli said, "Can you open this up please?"

I did not make a move towards the door but pace around my room instead. I am currently mad at Myungsoo because he didn't tell me that we will be having a visitor, he should had said it so I could somehow prepare. There is also this matter about wedding, seriously, what the hell is wrong with him!? He should have had asked me first! I don't know how many minutes I've been spacing around luckily Sulli talk once again and it strip me away from my thoughts.

"Naeun? Hello?" I heard Sulli's muffled voice. 

"O-Oh, wait a minute." I said, then I went to open up the door once again and tried giving her my brightest smile as possible, "Hey."

"Hey, I thought you'll never gonna open the door. May I come in?" 

"Of course, c-come in."

Sulli cross the threshold with an awestrucking grace, I mean it's not new to me that faeries move with unexplained gracefulness, but hers has a feminine touch to it. She's so prim and proper, unlike me. The first thing that Sulli's eyes landed on to as she entered was my dress, I gave her an awkward grin but she only raise one brow at me, perhaps she's making judgement on how unlady-like I am. 

"You are still in that dress and that was last night's."

"Y-Yeah, I wasn't able to change because I fell..asleep."

"Mind if I help you out with the changing?" she asked me cheerfully but to be blunt, I don't really feel comfortable around her so I find an excuse to tell her. 

"Well actually I think Namjoo will be here in a minute to fix me up. But still, thank you." I said as politely as possible. 

"I bumped into her on my way here. I told her that I'll help you prepare myself instead and she gladly accept it. So, let's get started!" 

​​​​​​I did not have the chance to argue since she pushed me inside the bathroom for me to wash up, I guess I don't have any choice so I shrugged and went for a quick bath. Inside, I can hear that Sulli's humming a happy tune which put a small smile on my lips.

To be honest, I am quite glad that the both of them came because it made me feel that the winter court is growing and it actually symbolizes positivity for the fresh new start for the realm, yet I don't know why I am feeling a bit uneasy when I saw them. Like earlier when I open up the door for her, the reason why I quickly shut it close again is because I felt Taemin's tattoo—my tattoo burned as if it's trying to warn me with something, or maybe with someone.

I held out a hand to touch the small embossed tattoo at the back of my ear and felt it's seething pain gradually reduces as I massage it. This thing has been seating plain and lifeless for these past four months and I am a little bit surprised when it suddenly burned. Could this be means that the Night Lord will be coming to finally stick with our bargain? 

"Are you done?" I was instantly torn away from my thoughts as I heard Sulli shouted from the other side. 

"I'll be there in a minute," I shouted back and left the tub quickly to dry myself up. When I went out I saw that Sulli was digging inside my closet with her brows furrowed so I asked her "Why?" 

"All of your clothes seems to range only on the shades of white to blue."

"Myungsoo said he likes seeing me in the winter colors so I guess that's explains why they would constantly give me those."

"You are really in need of an upgrade, girl! I will talk this matter with Myungsoo later on." 

Sulli ended up choosing a white colored one with light blue linings and she proceeded with fixing my hair into loose braids once I was dressed. I consider Namjoo as someone who is skilled at these things but this faerie female fixing me up today works faster than my Namjoo. After all the preps she let me see myself in the mirror and I look extra pretty in the way she fix me up, I like it! 

Then after that, Sulli and I went to the dining hall right away so we wouldn't be late for breakfast but what I saw in there almost caused me to blow up. Seating on my usual chair beside the grand duke was the faerie nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter