- f i v e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

Our suppose to be trip around the Kingdom was postponed due to some emergency.

I was on my way to the stable with Woohyun when a servant approached us and told Woohyun that the Grand Duke has requested for his presence. Woohyun quickly said his sorry and told me that he will accompany me tomorrow morning instead.

With nothing else to do, I have decided to tour the court instead though I am not entirely sure if I am even allowed to.

The entire court was huge and have almost identical hallways which makes it difficult for me to find my way back to my given quarters. I tried taking turns hoping to see Namjoo or at least one servant that could help me but I could not see any living soul anywhere.

I am afraid that if I let my instincts lead me, I might find myself stuck in trouble again. I remembered that my room is on the brighter side of the place so following the lights might be a smarter choice. 

I take turns whenever I think that part is much brighter than the other but instead of ending up to my room, I am standing at a foyer instead. Perhaps I lost my brain after entering Verboden. I gave up, I just went straight to the foyer and the view outside is a frozen maze that has a  fountain right in the middle. I bet that if it wasn't  for always being winter here the castle grounds could be  much more beautiful.

I'd like to see fountain up close but I'm afraid that I might lost my way again inside the maze. I was about to turn my back when I saw a ball of wool seating at the edge of one the pillars. Excitement take over me and I hurriedly fetch the wool, I can use it so that I will not lost my way back.

I tied the end of the wool in a tree near the entrance of the maze. Light footfalls from my back distract me from entering the maze and when I turn I saw a faerie in a black tunic suit adorned with silver threads walking proudly away from the castle. 

There is something familiar with this faerie, when he gets nearer to my location I can now see his face. I drop the wool abruptly as I realize that the faerie is,  "Francesco.."

He heard me. He look at my way and stop walking. "You.. It is you. The human," Francesco said as he moves towards where I am standing. 

"Wh-what are you doing here?" 

"Nothing," his face suddenly darkened as if there's something wrong. "I've only delivered an important message to the Grand Duke."

He took another step and close the distance between us. "O-oh.." My face is heating and I am lost for words! I am glad that he opened up another topic and broke the awkward atmosphere. Thank the heavens! 

"What are you doing here outside, it's cold."

"Uh well you see, I'm about to enter that maze to see the fountain up close but I saw you."

"Ah, the magical fountain. Did you not wonder why the water never freezes?" 

That is the actual reason why I really wanted to see the fountain, I want to know why or how the water remains unbothered by the low temperature

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter