- s e v e n -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVEN

Days quickly turned into weeks. It feels like time is flying so fast especially when Woohyun would always asks me to accompany him on his ground patrol everyday after our breakfast.

After that, I would spent my free time in the court's library, sneaking in to the kitchen to watch the cooks prepare for meals, or memorizing every switch and turns of the maze outside. In Myungsoo's case, he spent most of his time doing his responsibility as the Grand Duke.

Once, I stumbled in the great hall and I saw him hearing out the problems that his people encounters in the winter realm. He looks terrifying when he was seated on the throne as if he is a different male.

But, despite of his busy schedule, he would visit my private quarters once in a while to check upon me, and in every visit, he always bring something for me. Dresses, jewelries, books, or any other stuffs that he would deem as pretty. 

​​​​​​Just like our morning routine, Woohyun and I patrolled the borders of the kingdom first thing in the morning. We were laughing on some sort of a joke that he just told when both of us felt something wrong.

The winter realm shares the western border with the night realm and the wrongness comes from that side. The thing is, we are only several feets away from the borders. Chills run down into my spine and I heard it. It's calling, It's my sister's voice. 

"Naeun, don't look at it," Woohyun warn me but it's too late. I already look at the source of the calling but it wasn't my sister. The thing has a rotten body and misshapen face, it roared and start adavancing towards me. Being terrified, I screamed. 

"Woohyun, run!" He needs not to be told twice because he already kick his horse into a gallop and I quickly followed suit but the thing that is chasing us is faster. I heard an ear breaking roar and I dare a glance back from the source but the roar didn't t came from the thing. It came from a panther. 

"Francesco..." I jolt my mount to a halt and Woohyun shout my name in bewilderment. The panther pounded on the thing, closing his jaws on its neck and green fluids ooze from it. 

I unmounted my horse and dare to take a step towards the panther. I am pretty sure that the thing already died so I think it's already safe to get near. The panther stilled when he sensed my movements and fix a predatory gaze at me. I am confident that this panther is Francesco—I know that he is Taemin but I can't understand. If he is dangerous and needs to be avoided at all cost, why did he save me? Again. 

He remain standing there unmoving as if contemplating the things that I might do but before I could even near the panther, Woohyun grab me by the arms and pulled me away. I tried wringling my arms. I look back and saw the panther walking away. Taemin has walked away.

We went back to the court as fast as we could as we are both afraid that more of the same creature from earlier will try to follow and attack us. Still panting, both of us entered the foyer. 

"What was that?" I asked him. 

"It is called a Panthom. It is a creature that will try to lure you by playing tricks into your mind. It will morph itself into something or someone who is so dear to you then they will atta–" 

"What's with the Panthom?" It was Myungsoo. He look at the Woohyun and then to me, raising an eyebrow as he do. 

"Well, we were patrolling the western side of the borders and then a Panthom tried to attack us," Woohyun explained but I butted in and added, "But a panther prevented it by attacking its neck."

Myungsoo's mood changed icy. I could te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter